PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] HOW TO AVOID BEING SCAMMED

help23
04-08-2006, 01:26 PM
You must remeber that u cannot get scammed without putting yourself at risk.
What i meen is in order to get scammed you must first give out your furni or password.
As far as i kno ther is no current way of getting your pasword without u telling the scammer so bellow i have listed the top 10 scams to help you avoid being scammed:

1 if somone asks you to shout out your password by sayin something like
'LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TYPE IN YOUR PASSWORD ******'
DO NOT try it report the habbo that is saying it.

2 Some scammers will flood rooms with websites that they claim will give you free credz fair enough go to the website if you want to but if it asks you to download something or give them your password and username make sure u dont lol.

3 some smart scammers will use key loggers thease are programmes that download onto your computer and then register everyrthing you type they will then send it via email to the scammer to avoid this make sure u dont download anything such as scripting tools.

4 you cant buy paint without credz dont trust anyone else to do it for u about 99.9% of ppl will scam u.

5 do not trade cameras tht people say have film in them becoz usually u will have to pay over the price of a normal camera and when u eventualy get it it will probably have 0 film anyway.

6 if u r buying linking teleporters or imps make sure u get the seller to prove they link by showing u in one of there rooms.

7 if u have a shop and somone walks in and asks to buy everything then offers something way above the value of the stuff in the shop kick them
becoz most will say there isnt enough to fit in the trade box give me some first then ill swap the rest for the peice of furni.

8 anyone saying they willm give u free credz is a scammer thats basicly it no ones gonna give u free credz.

9 you cant trade camera film if somone trades u and says its film it isnt it is most likely a picture.

10 there is no such thing as a super rare black amber lamp the amber lamp shown if black in a trade is infact a red amber lamp i used to get scammed by tht 1 lol.

oh well hope that helps a bit!:D

alteration
05-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Thats a good guide im gonna +rep you:)

xoxmikaxox
05-08-2006, 12:24 PM
4 you cant buy paint without credz dont trust anyone else to do it for u about 99.9% of ppl will scam u.

Thats not true, not everyone will scams, Im selling paint and i never scammed any of the one who wanted paint.

6 if u r buying linking teleporters or imps make sure u get the seller to prove they link by showing u in one of there rooms.

My friend, have bought tele and they were linking but the guy gave him unlinking teles

WiseBen
06-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Obviously it isn't true of all people, you can't say that everyone is a scammer if they trade teleports or sell paint, But very good guide :-)

Azza
06-08-2006, 06:24 PM
i'd say only ppl new[ish] to habbo wudnt know this stuff and not every1 scams for stuff like pain and teles ^^

DCeption
06-08-2006, 07:07 PM
i'd say only ppl new[ish] to habbo wudnt know this stuff and not every1 scams for stuff like pain and teles ^^

Which it is probably meant to do, as the more "experienced" habbo would not fall for these

So good guide :)

Snuffdog
09-08-2006, 02:42 PM
The easiest way not to get scammed is not to be greedy
nothing in life is free so y would it be on habbo

WiseBen
10-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Exactly and with those "Put it in the tradebox quickly" Scams, thats someone thinking ooh yay i can get a throne for my mochamaster... So good point about the greedy thing.

cocaine
10-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Nice guide I guess

maz906
10-08-2006, 04:24 PM
number 8. isnt quite true i gave 35 credz to a guy on habbo but i bought em for him, i know what u mean lol

+ rep for u thx for helpin habbos who dont know about this things ;)

Aeon
10-08-2006, 04:28 PM
I think its a good guide for people new to habbo, who just fancy a quick look on habbox for the first time. Of course for all the people who have been on habbo a while, you'll think whats the point? But he made the effort to do it so don't diss him for it lol. He is trying to help even if its only a little bit.

+rep ;)

Assid_Rane
25-08-2006, 01:10 PM
1 if somone asks you to shout out your password by sayin something like
'LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TYPE IN YOUR PASSWORD ******'
DO NOT try it report the habbo that is saying it.

yup, very common scam, i doubt many people fall for it now though.

2 Some scammers will flood rooms with websites that they claim will give you free credz fair enough go to the website if you want to but if it asks you to download something or give them your password and username make sure u dont lol.

wouldnt go on the site at all, free credz are impossible so why even go near the website? just report and leave it.

3 some smart scammers will use key loggers thease are programmes that download onto your computer and then register everyrthing you type they will then send it via email to the scammer to avoid this make sure u dont download anything such as scripting tools.

ive actually been caught out by this before... i dont know what it was i had downloaded (probably shortkeys) but i got scammed. all my furni gone. my own fault though.

personally, the only trustworthy people i have found on habbo are members of habbox, and then you still need to make sure by asking people + looking at their rep.

5 do not trade cameras tht people say have film in them becoz usually u will have to pay over the price of a normal camera and when u eventualy get it it will probably have 0 film anyway.

usually!? no.. its impossible. films stays in ur purse. the camera will NEVER have film.

i remember my mate showed me how he used to scam doing this. he would prove the teles wud link, but would have 2 unlinking teles already in his hand with like 5 or 6 handfuls of other furni, then when he picked up the teles, and started a trade, the unlinking teles were right in the last handful, which meant he could give unlinking teles without being found out.

7 if u have a shop and somone walks in and asks to buy everything then offers something way above the value of the stuff in the shop kick them
becoz most will say there isnt enough to fit in the trade box give me some first then ill swap the rest for the peice of furni.

yeh, never actually heard of this one before but good point.

8 anyone saying they willm give u free credz is a scammer thats basicly it no ones gonna give u free credz.

yup. it is almost a certainty that its a scam. but if you dont have to give them any furni or information, u may as well try, just incase.

9 you cant trade camera film if somone trades u and says its film it isnt it is most likely a picture.

as i said early, there is no way to get film without buying it urself.

10 there is no such thing as a super rare black amber lamp the amber lamp shown if black in a trade is infact a red amber lamp i used to get scammed by tht 1 lol.

lol yeh, people tried that with me loads of times! but just hover your mouse over the amber and it will say what it is.

just like in life, the only way a scammer can scam is by apealing to someone else's greed. if you do not try to get something you shouldnt be able to get, then you will NEVER be scammed. that counts for msn addresses etc as well, saluke designed habbo so you cant exchange email addresses, this isnt because they are stupid or evil, its for your own safety. just stick to the rules and you cant be scammed. its a physical impossibility.

overall, nice guide. will probably help a lot of the new members. well done. +rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!