View Full Version : My Entry for the Template War

JoeComins
05-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Please rate my layout, and say which you prefer; This or Slixors

http://www.grolsch-clan.co.uk/test/

It also works with a 800 x 600 screen resolution

PixelResources
05-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Eww i hate that, the colours, the design, slixors is 10x better.

JoeComins
05-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Slixors is dull and impracticle.

My colours contrast, and the colours are clear and work.

Slixors is horrible.

Sure, its not my best design by a lng way, but his sucks ****

PixelResources
05-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Lmao dream on.

JoeComins
05-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Oh ye. Im soo jelous of Slixor, who cant even round the corners of his template, and makes it hard to read.

I know Im better, and he knows im better

PixelResources
05-08-2006, 12:39 PM
If you find that hard to read then get glasses..

Gladiatorben
05-08-2006, 12:41 PM
dude, that was still my first version, i still have to add colors, smoth everything off, then do finishing touches ;)

JoeComins
05-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Grey writing on Grey Gradient Background? Hmm.

Grey on Grey has no contrast, and anyone who knows anything about design knows you cant use similar shades of the same colour on a webpage.

Find me 10 very sucessful designs that are GREY ON GREY to that extent? #

And I wear contact lens

JoeComins
05-08-2006, 12:44 PM
dude, that was still my first version, i still have to add colors, smoth everything off, then do finishing touches ;)
How many sites such as google are grey, or the background is scanlines with a small content?

Why waste that much space on nothing and have very little room for content? How many proffessional sites a site like that, and especalyl sites like search engines with alot of infromation.

Mine may not be the prettiest design, but its the most practicle and workable

A4AOwen (Forum Moderator) - Please do not double post.

PixelResources
05-08-2006, 12:47 PM
You should of gone specsavers..

Gladiatorben
05-08-2006, 12:48 PM
i asked you on msn whether to make a site like www.google.com or ww.msn.com, u said google, so i made a site like google, small and sweet. its only grey atm because its frist version.

ADAM:
05-08-2006, 01:02 PM
The writing on the "Get It" bar is abit hard to read. A part from that bit it looks like a good layout.

JoeComins
05-08-2006, 01:03 PM
i asked you on msn whether to make a site like www.google.com or ww.msn.com, u said google, so i made a site like google, small and sweet. its only grey atm because its frist version.
Google isnt small? How is a full page width small?
Youve dont a portal. Not a search engine template. Wheres the listing? Wheres teh image page?

Alot more to do yet

Wizzdom
05-08-2006, 01:05 PM
It would help if a link was provided to slixors?

PixelResources
05-08-2006, 01:07 PM
He has a thread if you read..

Oracle:
05-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Both of them are crap, so it doesn't exactly matter. You both have some silly little argument going on about who is the best designer... You both have different aspects and structures..

JoeComins
05-08-2006, 01:23 PM
I wont win, as it took like 25 minutes, and Slixors will appeal to newbs as its grey etc.

Its OK for a portal, but its not practicle for this.

Ive seen Slixors, designs, and he is crap.

And Oracle, if you ahve ntohing to say, then hut the hell up

Always-Think
05-08-2006, 01:26 PM
joe you are kind of acting like a noob now. to my opioun they are both ok, but there are many improvments. you wont get no where saying "SILIXORS IS CRAP I'M DEAD BETTER CAUSE."

jeese atleast silixor is not acting like that.

JoeComins
05-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Yes he is.

Its my opinion, and I really couldnt give a crap about a Habbo Fansite. Slixor abuses me on MSN anyway.

And Im acting a noob? OK. Idiot

Always-Think
05-08-2006, 01:29 PM
JEESE TAKE CRITICISM. :rolleyes: if he does abuse you on msn then block him. :$

Oracle:
05-08-2006, 01:31 PM
I wont win, as it took like 25 minutes, and Slixors will appeal to newbs as its grey etc.

Its OK for a portal, but its not practicle for this.

Ive seen Slixors, designs, and he is crap.

And Oracle, if you ahve ntohing to say, then hut the hell up

Soz hard Joe, guess you didn't know this account was me. Your designs used to be good but after that uber music layout they went downhill. Your attitude just stinks as well, your arguing with Slixor who is a complete removed habbo forum, I think you need to get out more.

If you can't figure out who this is then your dumber than I thought, I was the only one to ever criticise your designs when they was decent, and you used to skitzo on MSN at me.

As for the layout, you say it's practical, it's not exactly it seems kinda messed up, I think you should stick to your clan designs.

JoeComins
05-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Its not the point. Its the principle that Slixor has admitted to everything on MSN, then I say that he's said it, and he flames me on MSN, saying, I'm better than you you noob because I work for HabboxLive.

People annoy me, and do you really think this is the only site I go on? Hmm, I think not

If you have nothing usful to ay, then dont

Who are you anyway "Oracle"

Wizzdom
05-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Now i have seen both, i prefer Slixor. But both is good.

Oracle:
05-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Its not the point. Its the principle that Slixor has admitted to everything on MSN, then I say that he's said it, and he flames me on MSN, saying, I'm better than you you noob because I work for HabboxLive.

People annoy me, and do you really think this is the only site I go on? Hmm, I think not

If you have nothing usful to ay, then dont

Who are you anyway "Oracle"

Quote me where I said this is the only site that you go on please. Who cares if Slixor admitted your better than him, I don't use WLM anymore but at one point they were stored in .xml files which are editible, we could easily have:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root>
<convo>
<joeCominsSays>I suck at design, Slixors better</joeCominsSays>
<slixorSays>No joe I suck, we all suck</slixorSays>
</convo>
</root>

Add the MSN XLS/T and it's easily editible..

Anyway thats way off topic, the layouts both suck.

JoeComins
05-08-2006, 01:42 PM
OK - They both suck?

I never said that, and I never have my display name as JoeComins

I have never had my name as JoeComins, so thats just complete ********

Oracle:
05-08-2006, 01:44 PM
OK - They both suck?

I never said that, and I never have my display name as JoeComins

I have never had my name as JoeComins, so thats just complete ********

Oh dear. It was an example if you read the post.... I don't know what the hell your MSN name is. It could be "I suck donkeys off and bum photoshop" and slixors could be "i love pie" but I don't know, just like dead people who have no identity aren't called John/Jane Doe... it's an example you crackhead.

awelsh
05-08-2006, 01:49 PM
wow i love the layout.

Its:

Error 404 page cannot be found :) lol

JoeComins
05-08-2006, 01:49 PM
I have never said Slixor is better than me to anyone, and you know it.

Im not putting it up there for people to flame me for

Oracle:
05-08-2006, 01:51 PM
I have never said Slixor is better than me to anyone, and you know it.

Im not putting it up there for people to flame me for

Awww poor diddy Joe cant take a little criticism, poor you when you get a job.

LOL at your signature, don't blame me. Blame the fact that you can't take a little criticism. And for the fact, I used to say like 7/10 for your design and you used to flip out lol. Grow up and experience the world joe.

Always-Think
05-08-2006, 01:53 PM
ROFL @ this argument

Oracle:
05-08-2006, 01:53 PM
ROFL @ this argument

innit, it's all back from 2005 lol when joe used to be half-decent, bur he turned arrogant.

Luckyrare
05-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Sorry!
This page is not found.

kthnx?

Oracle:
05-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Sorry!
This page is not found.

kthnx?

He took it down and went to get his dummy, he can't take a bit of criticism.

Always-Think
05-08-2006, 01:58 PM
He took it down and went to get his dummy, he can't take a bit of criticism.

amen. ;/

Gladiatorben
05-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Joes is just a big willy and he doesnt get the fact my layout isnt going to stay grey :p

Sygon.
05-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Dan you being a hypocrtic, and getting yourself involved and flaming Joe stay out of it. Theres no point... and why the **** you have to show off oyur sexy coding skills :(

Also this is why we shouldnt have template wars, every body is good in their own respect.

Jargit
05-08-2006, 02:02 PM
I Cant See Anything :(

the wombats
05-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Thread closed, this entry was obviously made to cause arguements. And its gone totaly off topic. Cant you guys stay on topic?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!