PDA

View Full Version : Hamster Problems (Help) +rep

Vibe
05-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Okay i bought a hamster today from a pet shop, shes a girl obviously but umm.. when i go to pick her up or grab her, she kinda keeps squeaking!
I'm worried about her.. help?

kasi
05-08-2006, 02:27 PM
mine used to do that when i first bought her but she stopped after a while and lets me pick her up now x] she'll probably stop once she gets used to you and her new home etc. just stroke her back when shes in the cage etc so she can get used to you

Nixt
05-08-2006, 02:30 PM
If you have only just bought her then she is worried about her new surroundings. Giver her a day to settle in and then work on her slowly :p

Stroke he first and then make attempts to pick her up, at the moment, it seems to me she nees to settle in.

the wombats
05-08-2006, 02:31 PM
From what Kassie said, I think shes just scared of you atm.

Vibe
05-08-2006, 03:31 PM
ahh thanks guys, actually i took it back cause it's ear was snipped lol. they gave me a refund and i went to another well maintained pet shop where they had this boy hamster, hes so cute you can stroke him without him biting you, he just runs when i try to pick him but thanks guys

xx

edible
05-08-2006, 04:06 PM
I had this problem with Fudge.. Like others have said, let it settle.
And what helped me with my hamster, was that it got used to the smell of your hands ? ;S

Vibe
05-08-2006, 04:15 PM
hmm yeah i guess, But with this one it just dont let me pick it up :(

Nixt
05-08-2006, 04:18 PM
hmm yeah i guess, But with this one it just dont let me pick it up :(

if you have only just got it, you MUST absolutely MUST leave it for 24 hours at least to settle in.
Then, you must work to get a 'relationship' as it were; that is, move step by step.
Put your hand in, with some food on it... wait for it to come up and eat it. DON'T PICK IT UP!!!
Do this regularly and then you can build up to eventually holding it :D

Vibe
05-08-2006, 04:34 PM
nice tutorial thanks

iluvben
05-08-2006, 04:54 PM
You took it back just because its ear was snipped , thats a bit mean :(

Jord
05-08-2006, 05:55 PM
When I got my mouse she kept squeking(sp)

Vibe
05-08-2006, 10:21 PM
no because it was making bad noises at me lol

Kukuthebird
05-08-2006, 10:29 PM
mine used to do that when i first bought her but she stopped after a while and lets me pick her up now x] she'll probably stop once she gets used to you and her new home etc. just stroke her back when shes in the cage etc so she can get used to you

yeh lol i agree.

let her get used to her new home and owner x]

Insanity
05-08-2006, 10:41 PM
If you have only just bought her then she is worried about her new surroundings. Giver her a day to settle in and then work on her slowly :p

Stroke he first and then make attempts to pick her up, at the moment, it seems to me she nees to settle in.

Give her*
Stroke Her*
Needs to*

Your losing it mate ;o, All that naked dancing me thinks :)

Nixt
05-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Give her*
Stroke Her*
Needs to*

Your losing it mate ;o, All that naked dancing me thinks :)

Amagad :'( I can't believe it, I am going to lose my job as a News Reporter now xD
Or is just cos I was thinking about a nude YOU all day :'(

Insanity
05-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Amagad :'( I can't believe it, I am going to lose my job as a News Reporter now xD
Or is just cos I was thinking about a nude YOU all day :'(

Omg*
I can not*
Or is It Just Because* ;) ;)
I shouldn't even be on here i left Hxf ;/ Lmao

Nixt
05-08-2006, 11:29 PM
I shouldn't even be on here i left Hxf ;/ Lmao

It's cos you missed me :) :love7: lol.. To keep on topic, I hope the hamser thing goes well!

Insanity
05-08-2006, 11:33 PM
It's cos you missed me :) :love7: lol.. To keep on topic, I hope the hamser thing goes well!

BECAUSE**
HAMSTER **

Yes On topic; I have an hamster. Shes fat. And she doesn't like to be in her cage so i just let her run around Unless the dogs come up i put her in the ball and he dogs chase her, BUT DW ! shes toilet trained :D
Ya they only like wee and poo in one place. unless there scared or its an emergency ;)

Scouse
06-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Yeah just let it get used to you. I have 6 hamsters, at first I had 2 boy and girl and now ended up with 6 and got to attached to them to sell :(
I've probs had over 20 hamsters in the last year just coz of those 2 lol.

Nixt
06-08-2006, 12:51 AM
BECAUSE**
HAMSTER **

:'( It's BECAUSE it is late okay?!

DMB-Hosting
06-08-2006, 12:44 PM
When i had one before they told me not to touch it or go near it for 1 day, to make it get used to thesorroundings. Then start stroking it then when you feel its used to you then pick it up

-Soph-
07-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Some hamsters just aren't very tame when you get them

but you've taken it back now anyway so it doesnt matter

hellogoodbye
10-08-2006, 12:11 AM
stroke it and let it get used to its new home.

i had this problem and thats what i did.

BlueLord
10-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Maybe previously she was mistreated. or possibly you may be holding her a little too tight. Try changing her diet.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!