PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 error + 4 rep and 3 hc

Troubling
05-08-2006, 07:47 PM
after a certain amount of time ( 5 mins or so) my xbox 360 freezes and the screen looks fuzzy , it happens when playing a game or on the dashboard. First person to give me info on what to do that actually works gets the 3 hc and 4 rep all good comments get 4 rep thanks

SnowTwist
05-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Take it back,
Get a new one :P

Or Smack it a few times ;D

Bear-Max
05-08-2006, 08:17 PM
There is a button code that can format your 360, but I'm not sure what it is. Might have to look it up.

Infrontation
05-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Xbox 360: The screen freezes

Symptoms
When you play a game, use the Xbox Dashboard or the Xbox Guide, or wait for the console to start, the screen may freeze, but you do not receive an error message, and no lights flash on the console to indicate a problem.
Note If you receive an error message, this article is not about the problem that you are experiencing. Search for the specific error message in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Things too try
1. Restart the console.
2. Determine whether the issue has occurred more than one time. If this case is the first time that you have experienced this behavior, the issue may not occur again.
3. Determine whether the Xbox 360 console is overheating. Make sure that the console is not in a poorly ventilated environment or near a heat source. Heat sources include TVs, computers, monitors, and other electrical devices.
• If the Xbox 360 console is in a poorly ventilated location, move it to a location that has sufficient ventilation, such as on top of a table or on the floor. If the issue is resolved, the previous location likely did not provide sufficient ventilation for the Xbox 360 console to correctly function.
• View the Xbox 360 instruction manual for information about correct placement of the console.
4. Make sure that the Xbox 360 console is set to the correct time and date.
5. Power down the system, and then remove all the connected accessories that are attached. This includes the Xbox Hard Drive. Test to see whether the problem still occurs.
6. If the issue occurs with offline games only, go to step 7. If the problem only occurs with games when you are play online with Xbox Live, the issue could be related to connectivity to the Internet. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
909817 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909817/) You experience poor performance on Xbox Live whether you use an Xbox 360 console or an original Xbox console
7. If your console is a PAL console, try setting your PAL setting to PAL 60. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
917304 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917304/) Xbox 360: Your Xbox 360 console is set to PAL 50 Hz and you cannot play an Xbox 360 game on your console
8. Determine whether the issue is related to discs:
• If the problem occurs when you are using a disc, go to step 9. Otherwise, go to step 11.
• If the problem occurs on multiple discs, go to step 10. Otherwise, go to step 11.
9. Determine whether the disc that you are using is the cause of the issue by testing several similar Xbox 360-compatible discs in the console. If the problem occurs with only one disc, search the Microsoft Knowledge Base to determine whether the particular disc has any known issues. Use a disc of the same type, such as a game disc, a DVD movie, or a music CD, to test whether the problem is the specific disc. Also, for specific disc issues, check the disc for any visible signs of damage or if the disc is dirty. Hold disc by the edges without touching the surface with your fingers. Clean the disc by using a soft cloth, lightly wiping from the center outwards. Do not use solvents or chemicals to clean the disc.
10. If the problem is specific to particular games, try the steps that are outlined in the following Knowledge Base article:
916110 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916110/) Xbox 360: You experience gameplay issues with specific Xbox 360 games
11. If these steps do not resolve the issue, contact Xbox Customer Support. For more information about how to contact Xbox Customer support, visit the following Xbox Web site:
http://www.xbox.com/support

Lucozade
05-08-2006, 09:52 PM
What is the game you are playing? Try diffrent games it might just be the game that happend to me on call of duty 2 i bought a new one now it works on the old Cod2 its froze like your one and the screen did co fussy aswell.

Troubling
06-08-2006, 08:34 AM
+ 4 rep to:

Bear max
lucozade
infrontation cos it didnt fix the problem

Lucozade
06-08-2006, 10:17 PM
mine did not work?

Demynx
07-08-2006, 01:08 AM
im pretty sure you should return it because the first XBox 360s had some bugs in there hard drive that keeps heating the system up.

omgabear
07-08-2006, 02:41 AM
Chances are its your input output cables that are frayed. (The red, white and yellow ones that go into your tv)

Best replace those cables. If its not that, well im stumped.

?WhyNot?
07-08-2006, 02:46 AM
How many time ago did you buy it? If it's still possible, return it. Get your money back or another Xbox =/

Or try http://www.xbox.com/support

Hope it helps... Good luck.

omgabear
07-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Also, your xbox360 games and harddrive can get damaged if you having standing up on its base, make sure its lying down.

Dudeitsme
07-08-2006, 05:41 AM
As omgbear said, Dont stand it, you may stand it up but if your playing a game do not attempt to touch your xbox while playing, it will eat your disk up, thats probably what happend to you, does it happen to all games if so,like everyone else said take it back get another.

Troubling
07-08-2006, 08:05 AM
i got my xbox 360 the day it came out and it is standing up so ill try it once more. + rep to u all

Many
07-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I think theyre could be a problem with the laser?
This reads the disks, and if unable to read obv it wont work..

Bear-Max
07-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Also, your xbox360 games and harddrive can get damaged if you having standing up on its base, make sure its lying down.

That's stupid. It was designed to be kept both ways. I've had mine standing since I bought it and I've never had a problem.

Troubling
07-08-2006, 03:52 PM
ye thats what i thought aswell bear max

kano
07-08-2006, 04:46 PM
na hes kinda right if you have your xbox standing up, if you knock it while its running its more likely to break the disc/itself than if it is laying down. i know it was designed to run standin up but many people have had the problem of disc's breaking when they knock their 360 plus it happened to my friend so...meh. but im not saying it will happen to everyone seeing as bear-max and quite a few people have theirs standing up

Bear-Max
07-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Of course you're not supposed to knock it over.

awesomedudesbro
07-08-2006, 05:27 PM
if your xbox has a manufacture date of 2005 then take it back and get a new one they are plagued with problems like this one, get a 06 one and the problems are gone

omgabear
08-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Of course you're not supposed to knock it over.

When standing the box is alot more prone to vibrations from the inside, even by simple walking. That can scratch the disc and damage the hard drive.

Ask any game manufacturer, tech or game consult.

Rauhl
08-08-2006, 12:34 PM
it could be the fan like ova ppl had said when they came they had problems with blowing up etc.. so if u got the garutee thing what u had to return in 10 days u get 2 years garuntee somethin like that if u did that u may get a new one or get it fixed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!