PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising Demo

Bear-Max
06-08-2006, 02:33 PM
The demo for Capcom's latest zombie adventure, Dead Rising, hit the Xbox Live Marketplace a few days ago. It pits you as a professional photographer stuck in a shopping mall (a la Dawn of the Dead), and challenges you to last for three days until help arrives.

The demo is a hefty 1GB, and gives you a 15 minute free-for-all of the game. I have to say, it took a while to download, but boy was it worth it. The gameplay mechanics are pretty simple: one button for a jump, one button for an attack, one button for other actions. Oh yeah, and the hundreds of zombies on screen at any one time. At first it might seem a little repetitive, but when you realise just how vast the amount of items there are at your disposal the fun kicks in. There are golf clubs, guitars, teddy bears, cash registers, buckets, CDs, benches, shopping trolleys and more to pound away your enemies with.

The demo was amazingly polished and it's really convinced me to buy the game when it comes out next month (or next week if you're American :P).

Anyone else played it and would like to share their thoughts?

50.centzzz
06-08-2006, 02:52 PM
yeah great demo lot of fun going to buy the full game

kano
06-08-2006, 02:57 PM
bit short in my opinion. over a gb for about 10 mins worth playing..... i just found my self killin zombies and not enjoying myelf, dont think i will pick this one up

Billay
06-08-2006, 03:30 PM
I wonder why america get it first...

Bear-Max
06-08-2006, 04:07 PM
bit short in my opinion. over a gb for about 10 mins worth playing..... i just found my self killin zombies and not enjoying myelf, dont think i will pick this one up

It's got a 15 minute time-limit on it. The first time I played I thought "Eh?", but then I replayed it a few times and I just love the simplicity and humour of the whole thing. Looking for the different demo endings is fun too. So far I've found about 4.

Azul
06-08-2006, 04:09 PM
I have to fully agree with Kano on this one.

Infrontation
06-08-2006, 04:48 PM
It's like based on dawn of the dead nearly isn't it?

50.centzzz
06-08-2006, 05:06 PM
I wonder why america get it first...
probably because microsoft still think theres more gamers in america than the UK

kano
06-08-2006, 05:21 PM
im kinda gettin into it now but i still dont think its worth £50 just killin zombies in funny ways. gimme saintsrow anyday

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!