PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Romance: Right or Wrong?

Sabu
12-08-2006, 01:57 PM
This is mainly for people who are in a relationship, but if your not - feel free to vote or post.

On topic; is it bad to have a holiday romance without your loved one knowing? Or is it plain out of order?

Ostinato
12-08-2006, 02:07 PM
This is mainly for people who are in a relationship, but if your not - feel free to vote or post.

On topic; is it bad to have a holiday romance without your loved one knowing? Or is it plain out of order?

It's damn right out of order and completely unfair on the person you 'love'.

By going on holiday, it doesn't mean that just because your away from your partner for a week or so, you can simply just get with the first thing you set eyes on, and I personall believe it's a chance to test your relationship and see whether or not your able to stay faithful.

If you actually do care about the person you are with, then it shouldn't be too hard and you won't go off with anyone, but if our relationship perhaps isn't great or if your not much of a person to make commitment, then it will be much easier for you to do so.

I feel that cheating is wrong no matter what the circumstances. It doesn't matter who you are with or where you are - at the end of the day you have still cheated on your partner, and you can't condole it just by thinking that your partner won't find out, and that your away from them for a bit.

Nixt
12-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Why not? It's a holiday... have fun!

Ostinato
12-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Why not? It's a holiday... have fun!

So you think by betraying the person you are supposed to be in love with, or have feelings for is fun? ;l

No matter what, whether or not if it's because yuo are just on holiday, it's still betrayal at the end of the day, and I don't think you'd like it if the tables where turned.

Sabu
12-08-2006, 02:15 PM
So you think by betraying the person you are supposed to be in love with, or have feelings for is fun? ;l

No matter what, whether or not if it's because yuo are just on holiday, it's still betrayal at the end of the day, and I don't think you'd like it if the tables where turned.

You never know, your partner could have cheated on you without telling?

Nixt
12-08-2006, 02:16 PM

Oh my, sorry... Once again my failure to actually read the thread has made me look foolish. I assumed it meant if you weren't in a relationship at the time.
If you are in a relationship, then no. Definitely not, just because it is a holiday it does not mean your commitments disappear.

brandon
12-08-2006, 02:19 PM
There would be no point being paranoid about it, and it would be stupid to cheat without actually knowing that the other person cheated on you.
Even if you were cheated on, doing the same thing isn't the solution.

Sabu
12-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Did anyone see Club Reps 3 night ago? There was a couple, where the man went on holiday without his wife/girlfriend. She said "Get lost and have a great time. If you find a holiday romance, don't tell me about it!"

Don't ask me why I posted this :(

benjirofl
12-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Its wrongg.

Victimized
12-08-2006, 02:26 PM
It's wrong and it would all come back around anyway, it would never get kept secret because you'd always have a stupid relative who would say "you met that nice girl back in Corfu didn't you Ben, i think she liked you etc..."

Ostinato
12-08-2006, 02:30 PM

No my partner hasn't cheated on me as we are both in love and have commitments to each other and think more of each other than to betray one of us and go behind our backs. My girlfriend is enough for me, so I don't need to go looking elsewhere for anything.

Oh my, sorry... Once again my failure to actually read the thread has made me look foolish. I assumed it meant if you weren't in a relationship at the time.
If you are in a relationship, then no. Definitely not, just because it is a holiday it does not mean your commitments disappear.

Lol no worries, I do that sometimes too! ;]

Sabu
12-08-2006, 02:47 PM
No my partner hasn't cheated on me as we are both in love and have commitments to each other and think more of each other than to betray one of us and go behind our backs. My girlfriend is enough for me, so I don't need to go looking elsewhere for anything.

Lol no worries, I do that sometimes too! ;]

I wasn't aiming the 'you' at you :rolleyes:

Herman
12-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Well, to make it simple, if you having a relationship, no, if you're not, yes.

Ostinato
12-08-2006, 03:00 PM
I wasn't aiming the 'you' at you :rolleyes:

Lol I wasn't sure whether or not you meant it in general or directly to me! :P

Even so, I still stick by my same answer.

If your in a relationship you should have commitments to each other, and it shouldn't be a case of 'As soon as the cats away the mice will play'. If you actually have any feelings for your partner at all, you would find it incredibly hard to cheat, and I think couple's should be able to talk to each other, and trust each other on a basis that they won't have to be wondering whether or not someone's cheated.

Sabu
12-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Lol I wasn't sure whether or not you meant it in general or directly to me! :P

Even so, I still stick by my same answer.

If your in a relationship you should have commitments to each other, and it shouldn't be a case of 'As soon as the cats away the mice will play'. If you actually have any feelings for your partner at all, you would find it incredibly hard to cheat, and I think couple's should be able to talk to each other, and trust each other on a basis that they won't have to be wondering whether or not someone's cheated.

Okay, I get you :)

omgabear
12-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

The person will never know, and not only would you be cheating on them you'd be lying to them all the time.

Eamonn
12-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Its fine aha , your young , free and preteneding to be single why not xD

Ostinato
12-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Its fine aha , your young , free and preteneding to be single why not xD

Because it's wrong and betrayal to the person you are supposed to care for. :l

Azul
12-08-2006, 05:33 PM
When I went to Malta this year, I got close to this girl, she was from Australia. I was never going to see her again so I thought why not?

What my gf doesn't know cannot hurt her.

Ostinato
12-08-2006, 05:36 PM
When I went to Malta this year, I got close to this girl, she was from Australia. I was never going to see her again so I thought why not?

What my gf doesn't know cannot hurt her.

Fair enough if that's what you believe, but you obviously can't feel much for your girlfriend or respect her much, if you think just because she technically won't know, justifys you going behind her back and seeing someone else.

MsTanya
13-08-2006, 10:06 PM
well obviously cheating is wrong, but I dont see anything wrong with harmless fun. if i was with my ex, i wouldnt dream of doing it, but ive been going out with my current bf for only four days, so if i meet someone when i go on holiday, if nothings going to come of it i dont see a problem

velvet
13-08-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm quite shocked at the number of people who think it's okay... I personally couldn't do that to my partner, we've been together three years now and I have a lot of respect for him. I wouldn't like it if he did that to me so why should I do it to him. When you truely love someone, your happy enough with them without needing someone else, and if you feel the need to be with someone else, then that shows you don't really care that much for your partner.

Azul
13-08-2006, 10:20 PM
You see, I don't love my gf. I've never been in love, but i'm sure I wouldn't do it to someone I loved.

JonJon
13-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Naughty.

Allan_banvict0m
19-08-2006, 05:31 AM
Holidays are a laugh... if the other partner's willing and there's no one that you'll be hurting.
GET OUT THERE AND GET SOME.

let's hope allan does when he goes on holidays ;) 8 days!

:dallsgreen
21-08-2006, 03:09 AM
Wrong.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!