PDA

View Full Version : Best video format for a website? +3 rep for help

BL!NKEY
14-08-2006, 04:29 AM
I currently have .mov (quicktime) format on my website but a lot of people have problems viewing it because they think that quicktime is a virus. (jk)

Anyway most people probably can watch wmv but it isnt as clear and some mac users cant watch it.

I thought the best format would be .swf or .fla which are flash formats because everyone has flash player who goes on habbo.

First the questions are is this a good assumption of using flash formats or should I have a .mov and .wmv choice which will take up more space and be more work.

And if I use .swf or .fla is there any free converting programs for macs that will let me convert .mov to flash.

I have tried like 5 so far and no luck.

Thanx. :)

NellyMc
14-08-2006, 08:10 AM
.wmp maybe :)

Josh-H
14-08-2006, 08:16 AM
How about .mpeg?

Eric30
14-08-2006, 03:24 PM
I think rm, (Real Media File)

and not all people who goes on habbo will have flash, because habbo is Shockwave, not flash :)

.mpeg would eat your bandwidth lol

Mentor
14-08-2006, 03:42 PM
The majorty of people have flash installed, and if you have a copy of adobe flash, it already comes with everything you need to convert video to a format flash can use, to play.
So i say flash is your best bet, yourtube and google video are good exsamples of the benifits

BL!NKEY
14-08-2006, 04:18 PM
well thanx everyone.

I decided to just convert everything into flash because most people have it.

I used quicktime pro.

If I can find some person to help me out and give me free hosting I might be able to have a quicktime windows media or flash choice. :)

ClubTime
14-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah id say flash is your best bet. There are loads of good converters but i dont no any names of free ones sorry

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!