PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Gimme some rep then!! AARGHHHH!!

Max
13-02-2005, 11:02 AM
:eusa_eh:

What the .... is up with the 'Like my post, Gimme some rep' ??!!!
Why in the world would you ask for rep if you have a nice post?? I saw people with this in their sigs 'Like my signature, avatar..? Gimme some rep then' WHY!!?? What does it mean FFS!! It doesnt mean ....!! You dont get an higher status if you get rep, its just a green little square near your location etc. Why do people think its cool to get rep? I call this rep abuse, ppl are giving eachother rep because they rated their alt with 8/10? Rep should be used when somebody helped you out with something, when your very thankful, not just because they liked your alt!! What is the ....... point to that??

Arghhhhh Ugghhh!! :eusa_doh:

2hd.
13-02-2005, 11:12 AM
well said , it is very true

SoraSafe
13-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Everyone has just found out about reps :$

-Soro-
13-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Reps bore me - I liked the good old days when they never worked.

Max
13-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Hmm..
Its so irritating that people ask for rep for alts? Why would you want rep for an alt, I like it the old way, just rate it out of 10.

Ofcourse its pretty fun if you have as much rep as Wootzy or Lukeisok.
But it would mean much more to me if I got them for helping people out and not because 'He made a cool alt' or 'He's the coolest mod around'.
No offence Wootzy and Lukeisok :p

Ryan's rep is pretty funny tho :D He has lowest rep of all members

Mentor
13-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Asking for rep defeats the point of giving it. I rep good posts and not bad posts. Athogh i tend not to rep people who aks for it as the sigs etc are just annoying.

Kardan
13-02-2005, 01:14 PM
It's probably by a group called Rep Patrol, thev've get bad reps to nearly everyone with give me some rep if you want in your sig.

GommeInc
13-02-2005, 01:57 PM
I give bad rep to anyone asking for it in their signatures, asking in posts etc etc

Max
14-02-2005, 08:57 PM
If people keep reppin eachother just because they made a nice post or a good alt there would be no point for rep's. Why in the world would you add it to a persons reputation if he made a good alt.
Just rate the alt..

Arggh..Reps are not to just give away as small presents. Its meant to be a sort of 'thank you' or just a way to show your glad the person had time to help you out with something etc. Not as a 'Thank you for giving a good rate to my alt'

DOH!!???

Ryan
14-02-2005, 08:58 PM
lol i realised what i was doing when i had it there so i just chucked tha in mine

Max
14-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Ye I'm sure you did ^^
Its well funny too =D

Ryan
14-02-2005, 09:03 PM
lol ... funny...

Max
14-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Ye!! d(o.0)b

You have the lowest reputation of all members =D

Ded funny

Ryan
14-02-2005, 09:06 PM
lol do i :o :o :o

Max
14-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Ye, go Members List > Sort on reputation > Go to the last page ^^
Here's (http://www.habboxforum.com/memberlist.php?do=getall&page=169&ltr=&pp=30&order=desc&postslower=0&postsupper=0&sort=reputation&ausername=&homepage=&icq=&aim=&yahoo=&msn=&joindateafter=&joindatebefore=&lastpostafter=&lastpostbefore=) the link to it..

Ryan
14-02-2005, 09:32 PM
lol cool ded man livin catchin me tho lol

how do u do that ? ? ?
can u do it with posts an tha aswell?

GommeInc
15-02-2005, 10:13 PM
If people keep reppin eachother just because they made a nice post or a good alt there would be no point for rep's. Why in the world would you add it to a persons reputation if he made a good alt.
Just rate the alt..

Arggh..Reps are not to just give away as small presents. Its meant to be a sort of 'thank you' or just a way to show your glad the person had time to help you out with something etc. Not as a 'Thank you for giving a good rate to my alt'

DOH!!???
Valid point... BURN THEM!

ramjet
15-02-2005, 11:36 PM
I give bad rep to anyone asking for it in their signatures, asking in posts etc etc
me 2 rep is pointless and a lot of peeps live for it :@ it gets my goat!!

hellzfrost
16-02-2005, 08:02 PM
I have to admit - rep annoys me.
Once a member was advertising another site, calling Habbox rubbish and triple posting. I told him to stop and he gave me bad rep with the comment "You are an idiot"
Grrrrr... :rude:

Moose
16-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Rep points annoy me myself! I remember when only a few smart habbox people knew about it... i knew about it since the beginning of the forums... anywho i remember there was an option where the user can turn of their rep. points it annoys me! i mean most of the rep i get says bad things and tell me off, GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i wish we can know who sent us it so i can teach them a little lesson on respect! (VIP has the ability to look at who sent them the reps.) anywho those people with the "GIMMIE SOME REP" annoy me...

ramjet
16-02-2005, 11:51 PM
i think at the end of the day we have to ignore it

8Marcus8
17-02-2005, 08:37 PM
i dont care much about rep anymore but i dont agree when somebody bad reps me for saying in my signature - my green box says i could be famooose

then sum1 bad reps saying congratulations on being a farmoose?

Max
21-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Someone bad repped me with this message with it: dissing the rep you get bad rep ;)

Wth??

Whatever dude/dudette

Oh btw..I even got 2 bad reps. Why are you bad repping me for my thoughts about rep?

Again..Whatever :eusa_doh:

Mentor
21-02-2005, 12:36 AM
ist to be exspected? why would you realy cair about your rep if you dont like rep?

Max
23-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Im not saying I care about the bad rep. Im saying this because again I think its useless to give me bad rep for things like this. Giving good rep for no reason is the same as giving bad rep for no reason.
So thats why I said that.

jesus
05-03-2005, 04:52 PM
I dont have my rep displayed anyway, even though i got a high rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!