PDA

View Full Version : Wii price revealed- kinda!

HUGECOOL
15-08-2006, 09:30 PM
A new report from Nikko Citigroup in Japan reveals that the Wii will retail for $170.00 USD or £88.77 GBP before adding VAT (19,800 Yen) which goes against current rumoured figures of $229.

DS Lite was released in Japan at around $149 USD (16,800 Yen) while in North America it was released at a lower price of $129 USD. It is slightly possible that if this report is proven true we could get the Wii at around $149 in North America. DS Lite was originally ‘rumoured’ to be priced at around $199 in the United States. We could be in for another surprise, but before that we’ll have to wait till Leipzig or at least September to finally get some info.

Report (http://www.revolutionportal.com/1/article/277.html)

DJ-Ali
15-08-2006, 09:41 PM
I might buy one. They sound more exciting than the PS3, and will proberly sell more. Graphics isn't everything people!

15-08-2006, 09:44 PM
I might buy one. They sound more exciting than the PS3, and will proberly sell more. Graphics isn't everything people!
Graphics are most things though...;)

HUGECOOL
16-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Graphics are most things though...;)
You can have a beautifully made game, but if it isn't fun, it's worthless.

JonJon
16-08-2006, 02:12 AM
Plus VAT = around £100? That's cheap. I'd get one.

omgabear
16-08-2006, 04:14 AM
I love nintendo, great gaming at cheap prices!

16-08-2006, 08:41 AM
You can have a beautifully made game, but if it isn't fun, it's worthless.

Let me give you a scenario...

You get NBA Live 2006 for Xbox360 and the gameplay is excellent, the graphics are incredibly lifelike and you love the game because it fills all expectations.
You get NBA Live 2006 for Wii and the gameplay is excellent, the graphics though look like they've been coloured in by my little cousin and you don't like the game because of the incredibly bad graphics.

Which one would you go for?

SimplyTech
16-08-2006, 09:16 AM

You get NBA Live 2006 for Xbox360 and the gameplay is rubbish, the graphics are incredibly lifelike and you love the game because it fills all expectations.
You get NBA Live 2006 for Wii and the gameplay is rubbish, the graphics though look like they've been coloured in by my little cousin and you don't like the game because of the incredibly bad graphics.

Nither id buy twilight princess and anyway on wii most people will be buying wii only games to make full use of the controller. Anyway what do i prefer super mario 64 or doom 3

HUGECOOL
16-08-2006, 09:42 AM

You get NBA Live 2006 for Xbox360 and the gameplay is excellent, the graphics are incredibly lifelike and you love the game because it fills all expectations.
You get NBA Live 2006 for Wii and the gameplay is excellent, the graphics though look like they've been coloured in by my little cousin and you don't like the game because of the incredibly bad graphics.

You gave me a scenario that had no variable answers to the question at hand.

A properly made scenario has variable content- not answers since that defeats the purpose using a scenario in the first place. The scenario you provided me only supports your choice and not anyone else's. It is also biased in that, for some reason, you managed to know what the game will look like graphically even though no such game exists as of now.

When you buy a game, I assume you buy it because you enjoy playing the game and not because it shows a pretty picture. Having good graphics is a plus, but with your logic, having a a game with tedious gameplay and realistic graphics will be better than a fun game made with old graphic techniques. I can stay here all day and juxtapose the graphical power of the Gamecube and the PS2 all day, but the PS2 will win simply because it provided better gameplay. The graphics weren't impressive, but the majority of the games had very fun gameplay. The Gamecube on the other hand was graphically more powerful than the PS2, but it had limitations because its gaming library wasn't as entertaining or as large.

16-08-2006, 11:06 AM
I might be foiled into buying a Wii, when is the release date?

And release date games?

Lozzoling
16-08-2006, 12:32 PM
Nintendo Europe OFFICIALLY said it'd be under £180 certainly

Wii because you'd have to be an idiot to even consider NBA Live 2006

Anyway all PS3 is doing is refining graphics and making banana shaped controllers, xbox 360 is bareable but the games that are released aren't excactly expanding the genres.

adidas™
16-08-2006, 01:13 PM
GAME said the price would be around £150
im gettin a ps3 but i might also get a wii as the price is really cheap and the controller seems kinda good.

HUGECOOL
16-08-2006, 03:39 PM
I might be foiled into buying a Wii, when is the release date?

And release date games?
Nintendo hasnt confirmed a relased date of asof now but they are planning on announcing a date in September. They will also announce the official price in September. The games have been scheduled to release as early as October 26th, so many speculate that the Wii could actually be relased earlier than expected.

Azza
16-08-2006, 05:12 PM

as the Wii is not out yet you cant say that about the graphics. Yes they wont reach the quality of PS3 or Xbox360 but the gameplay will be different and better. Say if NBA Live 2006 was for the Wii you wud have more interaction but less graphics but for xbox360 its better graphics but just pressing buttons. The Wii's gameplay is proberly going to be the best of the 3 as of the controller and jsut as its graphics are less doesnt mean there rubbish ^^

Anyway hope games r cheap as well ^^

Condas
17-08-2006, 10:31 AM
i dont think so. it would be 150 pound too 100

com-bat
17-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Lol I bet the majority of wii/nintendo supporters whould change there mind
on which next gen console they will purchase if the price was any differant.

For example i have a friend who only buys the cheaper of consoles since
hes afraid to dish out an extra £100 for a better in my opinion alternative
due to the fact he aint got cash :P on the other hand another mate of mine
who is fairly well off buys them all and he told me when it comes to spending
that bit extra you see where your most profitable investment is.

In my opinion add all these extra features is just another way of covering
up the major faults in "wii".

I preferre what the ps3 will have too offer and will buy it no questions asked
but i will also buy the wii for one reason twilight princess and the follow up to
the classic games other wise the console it self is really nothing.

thanks com

Markness.
17-08-2006, 01:25 PM
in my opinion one of the major factors is the dvd player

ironicly, all fthe consoles which can play dvds seem to be the most popular, take the gamecube for example

i have seen the gamecube sell for as low as 29.99
with the xbox and ps2 still sell for 99.99 in most stores

HUGECOOL
17-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Lol I bet the majority of wii/nintendo supporters whould change there mind
on which next gen console they will purchase if the price was any differant.
The price is very crucial to most buyers. I was planning on spending at elast $300 on the Wii in the first place, including a game or two.

In my opinion add all these extra features is just another way of covering
up the major faults in "wii".
So far, no faults have happened to the development of the Wii. It's been pretty smooth sailing and haven't encountered any issues that may degrade the performance of the console. However, the Playstation 3 has faced some major downgrades both visable and through specs. For one, the controller will have the rumble disabled. The specs also changed on the console from E3 2005 which have caused many fans to step back from buying a PS3. (One of these was when Sony announced they would be selling two packages and not just 1 as promised, and the least expensive has many features disabled.)

Scorpio
17-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Here's a video of the game i'm getting with BRILLIANT graphics! It just proves that nintendo are improving graphics greatly, and this isn't even good quality compared to most videos =]

http://www.filb.de/?option=news&aktion=komm&ID=397

timROGERS
17-08-2006, 05:26 PM
I can't wait for it :D I'm saving up loads, I want to be able to get it with at least 2 games.

SimplyTech
17-08-2006, 05:46 PM
i saved £350 just incase

Scorpio
18-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Won't it be out for Xmas? I was gonna get it for then lol off mum and dad and Santa ;p

Mario
03-09-2006, 12:51 PM
the wii's gunna thrash the ps3 if you think about it, whats different between the ps2 and the ps3? graphics and the fact that the ps3 looks like a george foreman grill, but with the wii, it use's the wii mote, it's the size of 3 dvd cases which makes it the smallest next gen console and also the cheapest, its coming out november FYI.

Bear-Max
03-09-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm expecting a £179-£199 price point. I am in rip-off Britain after all ;)

Charles
03-09-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm expecting a £179-£199 price point. I am in rip-off Britain after all ;)
Same. I have enough anyways, unless I stupidly spend it on..on...well, something.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!