PDA

View Full Version : Terry Re-Signs For Pro Evo 6

brandon
18-08-2006, 04:14 PM
The new England skipper returns for a second year to front Pro Evo 6; player to appear alongside Adriano for UK version...

Konami has today confirmed that England captain John Terry will be making an appearance on the UK box art of Pro Evolution Soccer 6, alongside the previously announced Adriano.

The game, which will be released later in 2006, will be making its debut on Xbox 360, alongside current-gen versions for PlayStation2, PC, PSP, and DS.

"John Terry is a player admired and respected by virtually all football fans and known for giving his all for club and country. As such, we were determined to get him on board for the new game," commented Jon Murphy, UK PR and Marketing Manager for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. "He was an absolute pleasure to work with during the promotion of Pro Evolution Soccer 5 as his enthusiasm and obvious love of the game shone through. He is already a brilliant advocate of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 - and is chomping at the bit to get his hands on the latest version. We look forward to working with him in the coming year."

"As a life-long fan of the Pro Evolution Soccer series, I am delighted to be working with Konami for the second year running," John Terry added. "No other game can touch Pro Evolution Soccer 6 in terms of realism. The way the players move on and off the ball is second to none, and I am honoured to be the face of the best football title around."

Grindie
18-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Cool, thanks for the news :)

adidas™
18-08-2006, 09:20 PM
no sign of it coming out on ps3 then? (when that finally gets released)

Grindie
18-08-2006, 10:59 PM
By the time ps3 gets released, it'll be time for pro evo 7 ^_^

Azul
18-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Terry hit the nail on the head. PES = #1

brandon
18-08-2006, 11:00 PM
no sign of it coming out on ps3 then? (when that finally gets released)
Nope, because Pro Evo comes out late October and the PS3 is coming out on November, however it is coming out for the Xbox 360 for the first time like mentioned.

By the time ps3 gets released, it'll be time for pro evo 7 ^_^
The PS3 comes out one monthish after Pro Evo 6 is released LOL :P

Grindie
18-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Oops my bad XD

Haven't check the release date in ages :P

21-08-2006, 06:43 PM
And why haven't you shown the source where you got that news?

And, Have Pro Evo got any other licenses this year?

Victimized
21-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Yes!
Even the England captain says Pro Evolution owns all.
That should settle the whole PES or FIFA argument.

21-08-2006, 07:56 PM
PES is better.

But what would make it even better is with licenses.

I hate having an "English Cup" Final with "Trad Bricks" Vs "Merseyside Reds" and "Gorred" scoring the winning goal.

They sorted the names out last series :P

Victimized
21-08-2006, 07:58 PM
I only own PES4 but what i did is edit everyones names that were messed up and changed the teams names so now i have Arsenal instead of North London or whatever the hell is it.

Azul
21-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Unfortunately there are going to be little licensed Prem teams. But I hear England will be. I don't care about the licensing to be honest, the gameplay is vastly superior to FIFA and that's what matters.

ClaretVillan
21-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks For The News Mate

Grindie
22-08-2006, 12:26 PM
I don't know about this year, I've had all the PESs all the way from number 1, but this year, I may go for FIFA, I was disappointed with PES 5, the gameplay wasn't as good as previous years :(

brandon
22-08-2006, 12:27 PM
I don't know about this year, I've had all the PESs all the way from number 1, but this year, I may go for FIFA, I was disappointed with PES 5, the gameplay wasn't as good as previous years :(
Even if it wasn't as good it still beats FIFA anyday. I was a complete FIFA lad until I went round my mates and played Pro Evo, loved it and bought Pro Evo 4, then I got 5 and now I'll get 6 :)

cocaine
22-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Ty for news =]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!