PDA

View Full Version : 5 Months Later...

Halting
23-08-2006, 10:42 PM
My fansite, bobblefm.co.uk, became official on March 26th 2006. Before all of the official fansites were given their official status and badges, we decided to rename our fansite to habbocentre.com.

It's almost five months and 18 e-mails to the Hotel Manager and support later and my fansite still doesn't appear on the fansite list to this day.

You're probably asking why I'm suddenly posting. AllHabbo.com asked for a name-change from Habbling and only today did they finally receive this. But why were they added and not me?

I'm not the only one with the problem. TheHabbos need removing from the fansite list as they were sold, HabboCafe want a name-change to Habbucks.com and apparently ClubHabbo want renaming too (according to Ryan (SkaterChu)).

I think this is really ridiculous. Habbo are earning thousands of pounds every month and they can't afford to add some HTML to a page and some pixels beside a Habbo to put a smile on a childs face.

If you're thinking of posting about the past of BobbleFM, don't bother. You obviously don't want to be part of this discussion if you are going to do so.

Aeon
23-08-2006, 10:46 PM
I agree, you tend to find its a popularity contest, if you know the hotel staff or are seen as "famous" on habbo, you get what you want -.-

Kind of annoying but I totally understand your point!

Adzeh
23-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Too be honest I would suggest that they are so busy with CFH emails and moderating the hotel, paying bills, working on new games, comps, events, campaigns etc.. that they forget to do the job at hand.

I know this is totally out of proportion but as news manager, I often get PMs about various things with the News Department, make a mental note to reply, then get sidetracked with something else and forget to Pm the person back for a few days / weeks.

However I agree with Aeon, some Habbo's/site takes priority over others for one reason or another.

Piipp
23-08-2006, 10:47 PM
This kind of neglect is seen all the time, as stated above, the staff tend to choose 'favourites' and give them exactly what they want, whilst ignoring everybody else.

Jamie.
23-08-2006, 10:47 PM
My fansite, bobblefm.co.uk, became official on March 26th 2006. Before all of the official fansites were given their official status and badges, we decided to rename our fansite to habbocentre.com.

It's almost five months and 18 e-mails to the Hotel Manager and support later and my fansite still doesn't appear on the fansite list to this day.

You're probably asking why I'm suddenly posting. AllHabbo.com asked for a name-change from Habbling and only today did they finally receive this. But why were they added and not me?

I'm not the only one with the problem. TheHabbos need removing from the fansite list as they were sold, HabboCafe want a name-change to Habbucks.com and apparently ClubHabbo want renaming too (according to Ryan (SkaterChu)).

I think this is really ridiculous. Habbo are earning thousands of pounds every month and they can't afford to add some HTML to a page and some pixels beside a Habbo to put a smile on a childs face.

If you're thinking of posting about the past of BobbleFM, don't bother. You obviously don't want to be part of this discussion if you are going to do so.

I agree. How long did it take to add the 10 new fansites also, i think its sad as you say £1000's and they dont update a little picture and a link and small description beside it. The image is suplied by the site so thats no problem. Its just i guess lasiness you may call it. If i was head webdesigner i would be getting them up the day i recieved the email. Its time they buck there idea's up.

Halting
23-08-2006, 10:48 PM
They seem to handle all of the other competitions perfectly. Afterall, the fansite nominations were a competition.

They should keep their promises too. The Hotel Manager, Lost_Witness told me if I replied we could come to a quick resolution (bearing in mind this e-mail was sent to me on July 16th).

Hi Oli,

The reason you have not been added yet is due to the confusion concerning who owns the site and the name of the site. If the site has been sold and a new owner assigned then that would mean the Official status would be lost and you would need to be voted in again. Please could you clarify the situation with BobbleFM/ HabboCentre so that we can come to a quick resolution?

Thank you,

Lost_Witness

Adzeh
23-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Lost_Witness is renowned for taking weeks to reply to emails. When he is really interested, he often sends the reply :

Hey there,

I have recieved your email and I will study it more thouroughly when I have time. I will try to get bakc to you within 1-3 days.

Yours,

Chris.

Even then he takes 8-10 :p.

SteveBrown03
23-08-2006, 10:56 PM

Just to clear it up about ClubHabbo, we didnt ask for a site rename, we were offered a fansite decription change because we needed to take stuff out of it, like the habbo school etc. Thanks :)

Halting
23-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Okay, thanks Steve. I obviously heard wrong :) Still, you need to gain contact with Chris and that's all that matters.

SteveBrown03
23-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Okay, thanks Steve. I obviously heard wrong :) Still, you need to gain contact with Chris and that's all that matters.

he replies to me relatively quick, i think what happened was that before he was permanent hotel manager, he had to deal with a lot of stuff which hadn't been done, so his e-mail account was neglected, but that is what i think :)

Halting
23-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Maybe. Are you suggessting I should e-mail him for the 19th time? :)

SteveBrown03
23-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Maybe. Are you suggessting I should e-mail him for the 19th time? :)

id just be patient, because i had a e-mail which i sent off ages ago, and it was replied a couple of days ago :)

Halting
23-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Really?! So he is reading his e-mail. Too late now, I just sent another. It's his situation and he's going to become frustrated if I send him any more e-mails, so he's going to have to deal with it soon.

Here's a copy of the e-mail I just sent to him:

Hi Chris,

I and Tom (Halting and brayz) both owned BobbleFM together, we then decided that we was going to give our new Habbo Fansite (www.habbocentre.com) our official status instead. So we removed the official Fansite badge from BobbleFM and replaced the unofficial badge and disclaimer with those official ones on HabboCentre.

BobbleFM is now in the hands of an old manager. The owners of the HabboCentre are the original owners of BobbleFM and have been since it was founded.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Thank You,

Oli

Isn't anything much, but it explains the situation.

Evasion
24-08-2006, 02:35 AM
They don't change them every now and then. They have to pay the website people to change it!

Halting
24-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Eh? The website people? Don't post if you don't know what you're on about, please.

Evasion
24-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Yes. The people who manage habbo hotels website.

Halting
24-08-2006, 09:07 AM
The Hotel Manager does it himself :) If you were an official fansite owner you would know a great deal more.

Hitman
24-08-2006, 09:42 AM
He wouldn't HAVE to be an offical fansite owner to know more, just because you own an offical fansite means you know a lot of things about habbo? May be true, but a normal person could as well, also just becoming an official fansite owner won't automaticly make you know about that.

Because he may know more in a different subject (I'm not trying to diss you).

Hope it all works out :)

Halting
24-08-2006, 10:14 AM
He wouldn't HAVE to be an offical fansite owner to know more, just because you own an offical fansite means you know a lot of things about habbo? May be true, but a normal person could as well, also just becoming an official fansite owner won't automaticly make you know about that.

Because he may know more in a different subject (I'm not trying to diss you).

Hope it all works out :)

You're told through e-mail. Lost_Witness organises the fansite meetings and he attends them and him only. Sulake don't hire people just to add a few fansites to a page every year or so.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!