PDA

View Full Version : Habbo Layout - C+C Please!

Hitman
24-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Hey, yesterday and today I have been working in Photoshop on a Habbo Layout. I wanted to make this one very nice, and spent a lot of work on it. It too me 6+ hours, due to errors I had to fix, and making sure it was looking good.

The top box you see would be used for the banner, where I could add some images for a Habbo banner.

On the left we have a navigation and a box that could be used for updates or news etc...

In the center we have a marquee (top box), and below that we have a content box.

Lastly, we have another two boxes on the right, could be used as anything.

I have not coded the layout yet, I only have it as .psd. I will be slicing and coding it later.

Well, I suppose you wan't to see the layout? Here it is:

http://www.****************/uploads/f9442e9ed8.gif

Unwatermarked version looks better ;)

(You may notice the background is from HabboxForums blue skin, which kindly I have permission to use it (I asked an Admin).

So please rate out of 10 and give me C+C!

Thanks!

speed-networks!
24-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Nice not the best but i still like it

Hitman
24-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks cheesey bob (you're Nick if I remember correctly). What could be improved?

speed-networks!
24-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Yes i am nick. theres only blue and white (which i can see im very blind by siting on my *** all day on the comp) so like add better colers

JoeComins
24-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Just bland, basic, and rather simple. Nothing stands-out

I dont know - Its just not appealing

Sorry xx

Hitman
24-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Yes i am nick. theres only blue and white (which i can see im very blind by siting on my *** all day on the comp) so like add better colers
True, I might re-colour it, or might just start again with new ideas. Thats why I need you guys to give me C&C! So I can get better ;)

Thanks again Nick.

EDIT: Just read Joes comment, thanks. So something that would help make it stand out? Brighter colours or a better background?

EDIT 2: Yes, another edit :o Remember, it would have text and images on it, and the banner would be filled in, so it wouldn't be AS plain :)

speed-networks!
24-08-2006, 03:28 PM
This yourfirst try becaue its very good if it is

Hitman
24-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Nah, I have been making layouts for a few months, but I only make one or two a month.

speed-networks!
24-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Idont really make templates so im not very good =(

Hitman
24-08-2006, 03:41 PM
You just have to practice, look at other layouts and look at effects they use, such as emboss, outerglow glassy effects etc... and looking at tutorials.

[Oli]
24-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Dont like it.
Looks to... basic to me,... empty
and i just dont like 'pixel' layouts. (But thats my opinion)

oli

Hitman
24-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Okay, thanks for your opinion Oli. So you all agree it's basic looking. I will keep that in mind for my next layout.

[Oli]
24-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Okay, thanks for your opinion Oli. So you all agree it's basic looking. I will keep that in mind for my next layout.

There just some boxes placed.

- Try adding more colours
- Try adding details such as ex. a habbo standing there, or icons u can find on habbohotel homepage.

oli

Hitman
24-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Okay, I will try some images first. Thanks again Oli.

Anybody else want to comment?

Alterate
24-08-2006, 06:12 PM
That took you 6 hour's? =/ (no offence)

ClubTime
24-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Sorry i dont like it, too plain

Hitman
24-08-2006, 08:33 PM
That took you 6 hour's? =/ (no offence)
Yes, due to getting loads of errors. I had to make sure it was all spaced out correctly, each pixel was in place. And I started it from scratch. When doing a pixel layout you can come across many errors.

Sorry i dont like it, too plain

Okay, seems everybody thinks so too :P

Alterate
25-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Yes, due to getting loads of errors. I had to make sure it was all spaced out correctly, each pixel was in place. And I started it from scratch. When doing a pixel layout you can come across many errors.

Okay, seems everybody thinks so too :P

I know first hand that they can be teadious but your's is basic mirror work.

Hitman
25-08-2006, 04:20 PM
I know first hand that they can be teadious but your's is basic mirror work.
True, but I did it all by hand, no copy and pasting. Would have been quicker but I didn't. :X

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!