PDA

View Full Version : why dont you....and how do I (and other people)

micky.blue.eyes
15-02-2005, 05:06 PM
You said in a toppic that you look in the forum to "hire" somebody as a competition assistant but where do you look and what do you want to see??
And you also said many people send you a pm but I don't want to send you a pm so you dont have to answer it (even though im asking these questions lol) but why don't you wtite somewhere how to become one or that you aren't lookin for a competition assistant??

good luck (and I hope to become a competition assistant once)

micky.blue.eyes

MissAlice
17-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Hi Micky :)

These were my exact words: -

New staff are chosen based on what I have seen in the forums.

I receive many private messages each week asking if there are any jobs available for Competition Staff. Even new members send me private messages asking for a job. So you can imagine how time consuming this can be for me. Like other members of staff I try to answer them all, but some days it becomes impossible.

There are many factors to be considered when asking someone to be a part of the Competition Staff. I won't go into too much detail. But here are a few of the important requirements. They are not necessarily in any specific order.

1. Regularly come on the Forum. They need to be reliable.
2. To be able to write clearly with correct spelling.
3. Know how to behave, and also know when not to comment.
4. Obviously have an interest in competitions.
5. Have a good imagination.

So if I was looking for new staff, above are just a few of the requirements that would suit :)

Many of the personal messages that I receive, particularly from new members, are hurried messages just asking for a job. Maybe they think we get paid. We don't. Very little thought has gone into why they are writing to me, and more importantly they didn't bother to check their spelling.

Since I read a lot of what is posted around the forums, it is relatively easy for me to check who I might consider being suitable to become Competition Staff. I know none of us are perfect, but we have to try our best every time, don't we ;)

micky.blue.eyes
18-02-2005, 08:04 PM
aai
I have to work on 2 (not that i cant spell but i type most of the times very short) and maybe a bit on 3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!