PDA

View Full Version : Arcademee Version 2.0 BETA

Sygon.
24-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Arcademee.com - Version 2 BETA

Ok as some of you may know i own a arcade called arcademee.com,

Its been up for 4months now as me and my friend added all 1300++ games to it and we finnally finished adding them a while ago, so i thought i would like the change the site as it was dark, dingy, bad spacing and all the rest of it.

So here i have it arcademee.com version 2 still very buggy but with alot more features, security and i rebuilt the whole script with a new clean easyily navigatable design.

Www.arcademee.com

Before i continue i would like to say thanks to:

Carl // Bag
Eric
Josh-h
Josh
Aaron
Ali
Danny

And if i forgot anyone im sorry its late now.

They all helped me and gave me inspiration to do this
and im very pleased with the turnout

the current bugs are as i know:

/Categories dont work for example betting/gamebling fun because of the mod rewrite

the games are large and to their full sizes so some of them are bound to be massive,

and this will all get fixed as its still in the beta stage,

i added some content pages aswell too

What i want from you guys is feedback old vs new etc. /10 constuctive critiscm not stuff like omg thats ok or thats ****, tell me how to improve it etc. and what you like.

also if theres any bugs please tell me.

For an example of a game or flash movie heres the gangsta chipmunks one (warning swearing);

http://www.arcademee.com/Flash-Videos/Bad-Chimpmunks-1391.html

So sign up and referrer some friends and when i set a closing date the user with most plays + referrals gets 15pounds and some other stuff.

if you find any 'big' exploits or such do tell me after youve found it hehe :)

Thanks

Sygon.

Old version: http://www.arcademee.com/AS/index.html

New: http://www.arcademee.com/

RYANNNNN
24-08-2006, 11:33 PM
I like it, simple and easy..

If you click on a game category then click register mod_rewrite f's up - shouldn't be too hard too fix..

Sygon.
24-08-2006, 11:37 PM
I like it, simple and easy..

If you click on a game category then click register mod_rewrite f's up - shouldn't be too hard too fix..

What you mean because when i goto a category and click register its fine :)

Luckyrare
25-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Not bad sygon...

The only thing I think you should change is have the layout so its 100%, then you are getting a clearer view of the game. Content is very good (lots to choose from)... Ideas: People can upload there own games? Thanks for putting my name down on the thanks...

Sygon.
25-08-2006, 02:57 AM
What do you mean , like the full width of the game? thats done just some are quite big im working on a popup functionn for it. And No problem, you helped me so you go on the list.

And to the upload their own games, it wouldnt be potential safe with the flash files that get uploaded, i.e flash redirects etc. even if there was an approval system, nice idea though ;)

Gladiatorben
25-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Nice new layout but i hate the starfox render, the actuall cut out of it it ok but the picture it self of starfox is an old pic with quite bad graphics, try getting a render from a new xbox 360 game or something =]

Jargit
25-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Think you should make temp bigger.

Coz this happens for some games

http://www.arcademee.com/Puzzles/Memory-Trial-786.html

25-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Not to keen on the big bulky blue outlines but apart from that it's ok.

And surely there's an easier way to do this:

Search Games:   

I quite like the overall design and such, and some of the coding is ok, but if you're planning on making it xhtml/css valid then you have quite a few errors to fix. Most of which is just using lower case instead of upper case and closing empty tags which can be easily fixed.

Ideas:
Maybe have a top 10 ten, newly added games section thing like you did have.
And, if you're going to keep the bulky lines, maybe have a css colour changer somewhere so visitors can modify it.

Overall, a great selection of games for everyone, a nice clean layout and could turn out to be the next shockwave :o
Who knows.
9/10, good work.

Sygon.
25-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Not to keen on the big bulky blue outlines but apart from that it's ok.

And surely there's an easier way to do this:

Search Games:   
I quite like the overall design and such, and some of the coding is ok, but if you're planning on making it xhtml/css valid then you have quite a few errors to fix. Most of which is just using lower case instead of upper case and closing empty tags which can be easily fixed.

Ideas:
Maybe have a top 10 ten, newly added games section thing like you did have.
And, if you're going to keep the bulky lines, maybe have a css colour changer somewhere so visitors can modify it.

Overall, a great selection of games for everyone, a nice clean layout and could turn out to be the next shockwave :o
Who knows.
9/10, good work.

Thanks for good feedback, but to be honest i rushed the coding aslong as it looks all well thats fine :) and nice idea about the css ill talk it into consideration.

Think you should make temp bigger.

Coz this happens for some games

http://www.arcademee.com/Puzzles/Memory-Trial-786.html

Yeh if you didnt read my post im working on a popup type thing.

@ Slixor: If you would like to fiond me one be my guest.

Thanks for feedback.

Splinter
25-08-2006, 01:14 PM
much easier to navigate and stuff... v1 looked very cramped and the content areas where hard to make out so there was just a load of text.. two things.

Are you sure you are allowed to use the fox picture because isn't he property of Nintendo and also maybe display the games better in the categories..

Sygon.
25-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeh i am aslong as i dont sell the image., Also thanks for oyur comments.

25-08-2006, 04:21 PM
The main thing is you have to make it appealing to every person to get the best out of the service you're offering.

Why not try to make it more than an arcade? There are millions of ways to adapt and get the best out of arcademee and they're just waiting to be taken on board.

I'm talking v3 here though.

Sygon.
25-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah im eventually going to turn it into a humour place / entertainmen later.

25-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Yeah im eventually going to turn it into a humour place / entertainmen later.
Good, that's what we want to hear, entusiam.

If you ever need any help, content wise, just ask.

Sygon.
25-08-2006, 09:59 PM
I need the ideas for user inteferance at the moment its ********, so got any ideas?

25-08-2006, 10:00 PM
I need the ideas for user inteferance at the moment its ********, so got any ideas?
for v2 or v3?

Sygon.
25-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Any., t doesnt matter

25-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Chat?
Multiplayer games XD - Skip that one
Tournement things
etc

I could think of more.

Sygon.
25-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Erm chat im working on already anything else? That would benefit the user.

25-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Erm chat im working on already anything else? That would benefit the user.

Arcademee points.

The more games you play, the more points you get.

Sygon.
26-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Already got the points but what to do with them.

Muhammad Haris
26-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Already got the points but what to do with them.

Convert them to money for them.

Alterate
26-08-2006, 03:29 PM
What is it with most arcade's having that blue?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!