PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Fomo (Ignore Campaign)

Evolution
25-08-2006, 12:20 PM
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9779/331157062666oq8.png

Userbar pls use. ;}

Made by conor

Imaged edited by foxmoth

Aeon
25-08-2006, 12:24 PM
I totally agree with anti-Fomo and will be uploading that in a few moments ... why ignore constantly?

I say MAKE THE MODS WORK FOR THEIR MONEY <3

-Paul
25-08-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm in, if somone abuses me i don't wana ignore them i want them banned.

brandon
25-08-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm using it :)

the wombats
25-08-2006, 12:40 PM
What does FOMO mean first? :p

Evolution
25-08-2006, 12:45 PM
What does FOMO mean first? :p
FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out

The ignore campaign where Becs & ione tell mods to alert reporters or ban them for reporting things like blocking, harassment, swearing, flooding and stuff like that.

WHANGFACE
25-08-2006, 12:45 PM
I'ma use it.

DCeption
25-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Im using it :D

Evolution
25-08-2006, 01:53 PM
good!

Also put a link to this thread too to get more people :D

Smiddy
25-08-2006, 07:33 PM
I'm in. How pathetic :rolleyes:

Charlie
25-08-2006, 07:39 PM
FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out

The ignore campaign where Becs & ione tell mods to alert reporters or ban them for reporting things like blocking, harassment, swearing, flooding and stuff like that.

That is seriously stupid, they are going to ban people that report stuff like that, when in a way they are only trying to help? Wow, they are clever :rolleyes:

Atani
25-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Good Idea.

Evolution
25-08-2006, 08:29 PM
That is seriously stupid, they are going to ban people that report stuff like that, when in a way they are only trying to help? Wow, they are clever :rolleyes:
"to deal with the more important calls"

read the new call for help for what is important. whatever isn't there, isn't.

Pyroka
25-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Im in, FOMO is one of the stupidest ideas Sulake have EVER came up with. And by when i mean EVER i mean EVER. Theyre banning people who are trying to help others :rolleyes: Hmm is double standards a good word for this?

Crouch
25-08-2006, 10:07 PM
They never usually ban you, they just say ignore the user :P

Mitch4?
25-08-2006, 10:54 PM
okay i'm in

Ste471
26-08-2006, 04:06 AM
Lol you know if your against the campaign you chose the wrong term. Staff are anti fomo. If you "suffer from fomo" they are trying to get you to not suffer from it.

Evolution
26-08-2006, 06:57 AM
Lol you know if your against the campaign you chose the wrong term. Staff are anti fomo. If you "suffer from fomo" they are trying to get you to not suffer from it.
what a good point...

Barmi
26-08-2006, 08:32 AM
I'm in. Rule breaking is rule breaking, and I see no reason why it should be the individual's responsibility to deal with those rule breakers. Having 24 people ignore an individual is a lot more effort than to ban the offender. I really was gobsmacked by this campaign, and it certainly gives the wrong impression to outside parties.

However, the name of the (anti-FOMO) campaign is a little confusing. ^_^ As posted above, the staff are against FOMO, and encouraging others to aswell. What about Anti-Ignore or something?

Evolution
26-08-2006, 08:44 AM
ya will change it to that later thanks barmi :D +rep if i can (and to Ste too)

Bun
26-08-2006, 09:00 AM
I'm in. This FOMO campaign is frustrating and just makes the MODs seem even more lazy :) .
It's the MODs job to to "Moderate" the hotel and get rid of any of the "problems". It's not down to the other people to get rid of the "problem".

Hecktix
26-08-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm in. MODs should do their jobs properly xD

sarey
26-08-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm in too.
;]

Antony
26-08-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm innnnnnnnnnnn

brandon
26-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Here was my dodgy attempt at one :p

http://www.****************/uploads/31bbf1d586.png (http://www.****************)

edible
26-08-2006, 04:31 PM
I dont get it but i'll join k?

J1MI
26-08-2006, 05:59 PM
insies :)

lolwut
26-08-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm In.

I totally agree with the concept.

DJ Rareness
26-08-2006, 07:30 PM
I agree with evolution for once! This is totally wrong basically breaking down the habbo way into what is worth spending time over and what isn't. I asked the question to Heidster saying is this to ease the mods work? I am sure they could handle it, if habbo promote "the habbo way" they must act on all offenders or not at all. And as for banning reporters... well thats just plain stupid.. sort it out sulake.

:eusa_wall

[Chris]
26-08-2006, 08:30 PM
What a load of rubbish :rolleyes:

how can you join this .. thing?!?

Im In :8

Gavin.
26-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Andy.
Yer.

Im against this whole thing, its just a way for the MODs to laze off.

N!ck
27-08-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm not to sure what this is all about, but who cares - i'm in!!!

timROGERS
27-08-2006, 02:51 PM
I do agree. The moderators are paid to do this job, and they shouldn't be effectively slacking off. The homepage states that the Hotel is a moderated community, which it hardly is if you are sanctioned for reporting rulebreaking.

Rareoid
27-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I've laughed at some of the Habbo staff employments in the past. I've been in hysterics over some of their past ideas. But this latest one really is the icing on top of a very large cake - the Sulake stupidity cake.

So they don't want us to report harrassment or swearing? So when someone is going around effing and jeffing, they're just going to sit there? I bet when someone says "*Removed* LOST_WITNESS" they'll be there quicker than you can say "Fomo is complete crap"

Well done Evolution, I'm 100% behind this campaign.

Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator) - Please do not avoid the filter.

Kotu
27-08-2006, 09:49 PM
I think it's important for them to promote the ignore tool, loads of Habbos probably do not realise it's there and how it works/what it does as no information about it is avaliable anywhere on the site as far as I know...

... but they're going about it in the wrong way.

Aeon
27-08-2006, 09:57 PM
hmm Kotu, I have to kind of agree with you ...

But then again i support the anti-fomo campaign. I seem to think that I'm against the whole concept they are putting across. Yet the ignore button needs to be realized ...

ON THE OTHER HAND ... why pay mods to sit around?

Kotu
27-08-2006, 10:03 PM
I don't have a problem with the fact Mods are sending messages back to users telling them to use the ignore button. It's just the way it's worded, and when they're sent in situations like door blocking.

Something like "In some situations using the ignore button is more appropriate (ie. if someone is flooding) than calling for assistance. You can use the ignore button by clicking on the offending Habbo, and then ignore." would be better.

But in my opinion, they should just remind a Habbo after sending their CFH that it's been sent, and that they should use the ignore tool in the mean time directly on the pop-up after the user has pressed "send/ok" and maybe list a couple of examples as to when the ignore button should be used. Simple.

Scarcely
28-08-2006, 09:53 AM
I'll join

fitcovboy
28-08-2006, 01:04 PM
It is simply ridiculous, i sent a CFH about certain users in a main puclic room avoiding the filter and talking about themes of 'an adult nature' i alos included in it do not send me the reply of use ignore, i know how to ignore, i am sending it for the benefit of other users, what do i get, the stupid use ignore reply, quite sad considering you have 11 year olds wandering around, i sat in the room for 10 minutes after the CFH was sent, and these people were just abusing habbo's and talking filth avoiding the filter, and no action was taken, well i am sure the call for help usage will decrease, but i wonder by how much the the habbo help tool usage will increase. It is not so bad for the older wiser habbo's but new habbo's that are falling for the scam sites that are being flooded, and with nobody bothering to send a CFH due to only ever receiving the now pretty standard reply, but then again the habbo help tool seems to be a waste of space, i've used it several times for several issues, you receive an automated response, as to which you reply to and then you receive no reply. Here was me thinking their customer relations and customer sevices needed improving. I thought 'chat' sites in general were under tougher laws nowadays, obviously i am mistaken.

jam666
28-08-2006, 01:59 PM
It is simply ridiculous, i sent a CFH about certain users in a main puclic room avoiding the filter and talking about themes of 'an adult nature' i alos included in it do not send me the reply of use ignore, i know how to ignore, i am sending it for the benefit of other users, what do i get, the stupid use ignore reply, quite sad considering you have 11 year olds wandering around, i sat in the room for 10 minutes after the CFH was sent, and these people were just abusing habbo's and talking filth avoiding the filter, and no action was taken, well i am sure the call for help usage will decrease, but i wonder by how much the the habbo help tool usage will increase. It is not so bad for the older wiser habbo's but new habbo's that are falling for the scam sites that are being flooded, and with nobody bothering to send a CFH due to only ever receiving the now pretty standard reply, but then again the habbo help tool seems to be a waste of space, i've used it several times for several issues, you receive an automated response, as to which you reply to and then you receive no reply. Here was me thinking their customer relations and customer sevices needed improving. I thought 'chat' sites in general were under tougher laws nowadays, obviously i am mistaken.

Agreed :)

prawnboy
30-08-2006, 09:55 AM
definatly in!!!!!:D

GommeInc
30-08-2006, 10:00 AM
I totally agree with anti-Fomo and will be uploading that in a few moments ... why ignore constantly?

I say MAKE THE MODS WORK FOR THEIR MONEY <3
Why bother? I say, scrap the Moderator Program! Hobbas were useless without their tools and jobs, and so are the Moderators! Let the Hotel crash and burn...

Pyroka
30-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Why bother? I say, scrap the Moderator Program! Hobbas were useless without their tools and jobs, and so are the Moderators! Let the Hotel crash and burn...

That last sentence, Let the Hotel crash and burn... really shouts out Saddam Hussain to me. :P

Porosity
30-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Im In, I think they get to many CFH's so now they are doing this to lessen that amount...

bawling
30-08-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm in too, it's stupid. If you being abused, don't let them get away with it. They need to be banned not ignored.

lEddy
30-08-2006, 01:40 PM
If you can't beat them. Join them I'm in.

-:Undertaker:-
31-08-2006, 01:47 PM
I still call the Moderators if I see someone swearing or Flooding, That was always the thing to do :)

Djcafc.
31-08-2006, 01:52 PM
i call mods if anybody is breaking the rules but they cant sort everything out so why dont people help them selves and just click ignore

31-08-2006, 02:21 PM
i call mods if anybody is breaking the rules but they cant sort everything out so why dont people help them selves and just click ignore

Because its the MODS job to Sort everything out, Not ours.

-<Josh>-
31-08-2006, 05:59 PM
I'ma gonna use ignore. It just saves time for me personally. But good luck with the Campaign ^^

Demi
31-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Im in =]

Wig44.
31-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Thats real good im in

Porosity
31-08-2006, 11:59 PM
I made this bar to help contribute to this campaign, Please use this one aswell, If you can fit them both, than add mine in too :D thanks

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/8136/antifomo36fi4.png

ReviewDude
01-09-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm in. I really don't get what Fear Of Missing Out is all about though, I mean, what a stupid name!

When I call for help, I don't do it for me. I know what all those words are, what they mean and see very little offence in them. However, with (officially - there are many much younger) 11-year-olds on the Hotel, I don't want their parents blocking the site because it's not Moderated, or for them to take offence.

And I thought the Habbo 'X' idea was stupid... :rolleyes:

FREWIN
01-09-2006, 01:30 AM
tbh im sidin wid da mods on this, fo 2 reasons:
1- the egnore button is useful
2 - y waste their time wen u hav a button to do it for u, it is also alot quicker to egnore sum1 than 2 w8 fo a mod...

stop complainin.

Barmi
01-09-2006, 07:05 AM
tbh im sidin wid da mods on this, fo 2 reasons:
1- the egnore button is useful
2 - y waste their time wen u hav a button to do it for u, it is also alot quicker to egnore sum1 than 2 w8 fo a mod...

stop complainin.
Have you read this thread? Read it again before you post another reply, because there have been a number of provocative questions been posed.

Yes, the Ignore button is useful. The Ignore button did need a "profile raise", but this is the wrong way of doing it. It is quicker to click Ignore on an individual, but it was originally intended to be used in the interim. That's what I don't like. You sent a CFH, but them on Ignore, and waited for a Moderator to deal with the offendor. Now, they are likely to get away scott-free for anything other than a heavily racist or terrorist related remark. (You're even told to Ignore blockers.)

The job of the Moderators is to punish those who break the Habbo Way. Whether the offence is serious or harsh, the punishments for each offence have been outlined in a recent article by Lost_Witness, and if someone is rule breaking, they should indeed be banned. If you did something minor that was against the Law, would you expect the police to just let you go, even if all evidence was pointing your way?

Please, read the other posts in this thread, because I hate to repeat myself. Actually, I will repeat myself, from something I said in another thread:

The problem is that swearing and avoiding the filter is against the Habbo Way anyway, thus the offender should be banned (unless the Habbo Way is going to be revised :rolleyes:). Why has it suddenly become the responsibility of everyone else to "Ignore" someone swearing or flooding? All 24 people in the room have to press Ignore just because the MOD on duty can't be bothered to issue a ban? Lost_Witness issued a ban when a winner of the BOD swore..

Good point was posted by Sid - what if the room owner is swearing? You can hardly ignore them. The next reply will be "Ignore or leave the room", but why should a victim to swearing/offensive behaviour have to suffer by leaving a room that they have every right to be in, just as much as anyone else?

Besides, the Moderators clearly aren't doing their job properly even with this "click and forget" idea they've been given. Click Ignore on a room blocker? It's absurd! If they actually read the CFHs properly, why would they send the same automated reply? Another thing I have noticed: scripting rooms. Quite a lot of them getting high on the navigator, with lots of people who would jump to the chance of reporting them. Now, explain how these rooms remain open for hours upon hours when people are in there spamming "AMAGADZ IZ CALLED A MOD!!"?

The Ignore Campaign is a total shambles, and is (dare I say it?) the worst campaign Sulake have tried to issue. I wanted to give it a chance, but I find it to be too inconsistent, and on the whole very hypocritical. Habbo are working by double standards at the moment, and does not set a very good example for a "prospective customer". Not to mention; I can't imagine parents of young children being very happy. If a Habbo signs up in the knowledge that rule breakers will be dealt with, and then the parent finds out they won't be, it ain't too good.

The arguments put up defending this campaign (IMO) have been very weak. The problem with Habbo is there is very little communication between the staff and the Habbos, especially on matters like this. I know for certain that on a game I play (Guild Wars), the Public/Customer Relations staff regularly post on official forums - to take note of suggestions, to pick up opinions, and to shed light on things that people are generally critical of, such as this.

Habbo is without a doubt rolling down a steady hill, and it's just been given another speed boost. It will take some serious convincing to win me over into this campaign, and so far I don't see anyone convinced apart from Habbo X, Safety X, MODs, Staff, and a capful of people. I agree with Gomme - a petition is not going to get us anywhere. However, check Evolution's thread in Anything About Habbo (or click in my sig). If you are desperate to grab staff attention on a topic like this, there's a good place to start. You can hardly miss a lot of forum users with the same image in their sig...

*Cough* Before long, it will be advertised as a "self/user moderated chat environment".
Now if you read all of this post, and the rest of this thread, you will be on the same level as anyone else, and I would be sincerely happy if you could give some form of counter-argument to what we have said. At the moment, it looks very one sided, and all that is coming from supporters is "Ignore is good". We know it's good, but with all the concerns we have, we need convincing, not being told "it's good".

Edit: On a purely fussy matter, who has the right to tell someone to stop complaining? Nobody. Period. Especially on a forum, where discussions arise from complaints. This is a thread against the Ignore Campaign, and you open it not expecting complaints?

Djcafc.
01-09-2006, 07:30 AM
im in all the mods do is sit there and do nothing i bet there drunk most of the time

Evolution
01-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Moderators should be banned for telling us to leave the room against our free will! It's DISRUPTION (to our game play) and as Barmi stated above why should we go to another room when we have been constantly reminded, preached to and have grown with the same rules. I still remember when the swearing campaign started by GlitterKat. SWEARING = ZERO TOLERANCE. Flooding = THIRD PARTY TOOLS TO DISRUPT THE HOTEL.

They're basically trying to rewrite 2-3 years of history and policies just because the ignore tool is there and it isn't right. Whenever I receive a stupid ignore alert I reply with a link to Lost_witness's article saying what bans are given for what reasons. They never reply or threaten to ban me for abuse of the call for help system.

I was in the chromide club the other night with Kotu and tm and someone was flooding a racial slur (which is a 24 hour + ban) he was using the N word constantly against people of coloured skin. I reported it and this was like 4-5am in the morning and STILL received that reply regardless of the fact there was only about 1000 Habbo's online. Sulake have money, so if they wanted to lighten to load on moderators - hire more.

JackBuddy
01-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Here here! I agree with it all!

Porosity
01-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Have you read this thread? Read it again before you post another reply, because there have been a number of provocative questions been posed.

Yes, the Ignore button is useful. The Ignore button did need a "profile raise", but this is the wrong way of doing it. It is quicker to click Ignore on an individual, but it was originally intended to be used in the interim. That's what I don't like. You sent a CFH, but them on Ignore, and waited for a Moderator to deal with the offendor. Now, they are likely to get away scott-free for anything other than a heavily racist or terrorist related remark. (You're even told to Ignore blockers.)

The job of the Moderators is to punish those who break the Habbo Way. Whether the offence is serious or harsh, the punishments for each offence have been outlined in a recent article by Lost_Witness, and if someone is rule breaking, they should indeed be banned. If you did something minor that was against the Law, would you expect the police to just let you go, even if all evidence was pointing your way?

Please, read the other posts in this thread, because I hate to repeat myself. Actually, I will repeat myself, from something I said in another thread:

Now if you read all of this post, and the rest of this thread, you will be on the same level as anyone else, and I would be sincerely happy if you could give some form of counter-argument to what we have said. At the moment, it looks very one sided, and all that is coming from supporters is "Ignore is good". We know it's good, but with all the concerns we have, we need convincing, not being told "it's good".

Edit: On a purely fussy matter, who has the right to tell someone to stop complaining? Nobody. Period. Especially on a forum, where discussions arise from complaints. This is a thread against the Ignore Campaign, and you open it not expecting complaints?

Moderators should be banned for telling us to leave the room against our free will! It's DISRUPTION (to our game play) and as Barmi stated above why should we go to another room when we have been constantly reminded, preached to and have grown with the same rules. I still remember when the swearing campaign started by GlitterKat. SWEARING = ZERO TOLERANCE. Flooding = THIRD PARTY TOOLS TO DISRUPT THE HOTEL.

They're basically trying to rewrite 2-3 years of history and policies just because the ignore tool is there and it isn't right. Whenever I receive a stupid ignore alert I reply with a link to Lost_witness's article saying what bans are given for what reasons. They never reply or threaten to ban me for abuse of the call for help system.

I was in the chromide club the other night with Kotu and tm and someone was flooding a racial slur (which is a 24 hour + ban) he was using the N word constantly against people of coloured skin. I reported it and this was like 4-5am in the morning and STILL received that reply regardless of the fact there was only about 1000 Habbo's online. Sulake have money, so if they wanted to lighten to load on moderators - hire more.

Wow, you two know how to make a speeh lol

anyway anyone who thinks that the mods are on the right path, you are the ones possibly getting some benefits, maybe you go and swear at people now? because you know that the mods will just tell you to ignore them, If thats not the case then you think this whole ignore thing is good because It should be recognized, but whats the point of having a tool that doesnt really do anything, you still have a person swearing and being racist, just because you cant see It doesnt mean everyone else cant, Its called "noob" get used to that term because new people to the game will probably not be aware of the capability to report someone, and if they cant report then you have people who are In a room that dont know what to resort to, and It would be shameful to know that your parents walk by the computer screen and seeing the afros in a pool saying the N word, or just regular blockers swearing, and then you get kiked off the computer because your parents think the site is not suitable for your age,

now lets go to the future of the hotel, If this crap doesnt stop soon everyone on the hotel will be swearing, being racist, and being beligerent, habbo will get alot of complaints, which I highly doubt they would be able to keep up with, since they cant even reply one email about a ban in less than a week sometimes, alot of people will quit either cause their parents see that they are on an unsafe site, when really the mods should stop being so lazy and ban the offendors, and then the child gets kiked off the site,

So, inconclusion becs and ione are morons for even thinking of this plan, and there needs to be a stop to this madness, the mods are getting paid to do nothing, they sohuld either get a pay cut or stop their stupid moronic FOMO crap and just ban people who break the habbo way, which also leads to the habbo way been changed, from you cannot swear to , yes you may swear because someone will report you and you will not get banned, everyone will just ignore, does that even make sence to you? If they want to keep FOMO, they better change the rules or cut the mods pay, its like paying someone for sitting on a couch - STUPID!

so support the campaign and use the userbars and put a stop to this, use one or If you can fit both put the bars in my sig in your sig

Danny
01-09-2006, 01:56 PM
:P I wana join the campaign,will later put both userbars in my sig.. and on any other habbo websites i use... I would like a sig similiar to Evolutions though.. Can someone make me one similar with a blue background and certain habbo clothes... pm me if your willing to make it. Thanks.

Blue
01-09-2006, 02:02 PM
i think we should copy the biiiiggg speaches that those two did into habbo help tool and see if we get a reply

Envieux
01-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Looks like a lot of people have FOMO to me. If someone is seriously harrassing you the MOD's will ban. I disagree with the hole campaign myself but you are taking it was yo far.

Evolution
01-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Looks like a lot of people have FOMO to me. If someone is seriously harrassing you the MOD's will ban. I disagree with the hole campaign myself but you are taking it was yo far.
Hi go up and read the long speeches, thanks! :)

Porosity
01-09-2006, 03:12 PM

Ok, what would you cassify as harrasing, because when someone is standing next to me swearing and trying to scam me or something Id like them banned, but that doesnt qualify does it? So whats classed as harrasing? this seems like a darn good example to me!

Evolution
01-09-2006, 03:14 PM
To further my point; as I said above:

I was in the chromide club the other night with Kotu and tm and someone was flooding a racial slur (which is a 24 hour + ban) he was using the N word constantly against people of coloured skin. I reported it and this was like 4-5am in the morning and STILL received that reply regardless of the fact there was only about 1000 Habbo's online.

I consider that as harassment and racist.

Porosity
01-09-2006, 03:17 PM

Iwill further my point too, I was attending a party and someone was using third party programs to flood the room, I reported and got that stupid moronic message about ignoring them

So maybe i should use third party programs to?

Dazzle
01-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Myself and my friend have set up a petition

www.ihearthabbo.co.uk

Please sign it

Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator) - the link you have supplied requests the members email address and you are not allowed to ask for personal information in this forum so I have edited it to say just the website and removed the link from your signature. Thx:)

Porosity
01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
w00t, petition thats smart, Im deffinetly signing that :)

ninjasheep2
01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
What is FOMO? What does it stand for?

I dont understand it :)

Porosity
01-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Please read the previous posts, It may be a drag but Its worth it In the end

Ill tell you what FOMO means, It means Fear of missing out

read previous posts to see whats Its about :)

Blue
01-09-2006, 03:49 PM
ppl who signed tht petition are stupid it said: Do you think the Ignore button is getting more and more Habbos banned? Many ppl said yes but if you disagreed with FOMO you would say no as the ignore button doesnt ban ppl

Porosity
01-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Yea i know, I didnt even read the question, I said yes but I didnt read It, I tried to edit but It didnt let me

I signed It again, editing what I said before :D

Dazzle
01-09-2006, 04:03 PM
We realise the question was wrong, trying to edit it for ages. It should read: "Do you think anymore Habbo Way Law Breakers are getting what they deserve with the ignore button" sorry for the confusion :)

Catzsy ( Forum Super Moderator) - link removed please see comments made earlier in the thread on page 7. THx:)

Porosity
01-09-2006, 04:10 PM
why dont you just make a new petition?

Dazzle
01-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Because the signatures mean more than the question

Porosity
01-09-2006, 04:28 PM
yea but the people who sign them are being miss guided, plus theres only about 20 or a little more, so why dont you just make a new one ?

FREWIN
01-09-2006, 05:20 PM

YES i did read that, and i still think ur being stupid, have you ever thought that the mods might wanna play the game not listen to you babies crying about some random spammer?

Big wow if they tell you to use the button, its there for your use!

If your so wound up by this why dont you apply to be moderator, instead of campaigning with silly banners...

Just cos a few people put a banner in their signature does not mean they are going to acheive anything.

Also -Repping me for my post was totally inapropriate, u told me to "Read the Thread" which i have done so already, and you criticize me just cos i have different views, As you sed "why should i tell you to 'stop complaining'", Why should you tell me what to do? I agree with the mods and not you, so get over it...

Blue
01-09-2006, 05:25 PM
the thing is its an automated message say if u report a blocker in lido the mods won't do anything about it etc etc. Read basically every other post in this thread

Moosik
01-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Whoa, I so agree with this, yeah, you might not be able to hear the comments made, but everyone else can. I've seen other People admit they lied to get on Habbo when they're actually 9 or 10. FOMO Is a stupid idea and just a bad idea to get MODS off work, I've seen MODS not being on for about 3 months, I mean, Whats the point working for Sulake if you don't do anything?!

I'm Anti-Fomo All the way! :eusa_clap

01-09-2006, 06:32 PM
YES i did read that, and i still think ur being stupid, have you ever thought that the mods might wanna play the game not listen to you babies crying about some random spammer?

If your so wound up by this why dont you apply to be moderator, instead of campaigning with silly banners...

Just cos a few people put a banner in their signature does not mean they are going to acheive anything.

Also -Repping me for my post was totally inapropriate, u told me to "Read the Thread" which i have done so already, and you criticize me just cos i have different views, As you sed "why should i tell you to 'stop complaining'", Why should you tell me what to do? I agree with the mods and not you, so get over it...

MODS don't want to play habbo, They get paid for working to earn themselves a living, Did you honestly think MODS do it for Fun?, Some might enjoy Habbo but most are concerned with their Pay at the end of the day (I would be too), The reason why people are against this "Just Ignore Campaign" is because MODS are PAID to MODERATE the Hotel, NOT to send rude and pointless messages back to the users who are TOLD by Sulake to report Rule Breakers.

Porosity
01-09-2006, 06:46 PM

MODs are paid to moderate, They dont care about playing,they just care about their stupid pay check at the end of the day, or week, and no, i wont get over It cause they have a job to do and habbo is either close, If not already a multi-million dollar company, and like every product I use, I WANT TO BE SATISFIED!, and im not satisfied by this crap that they are dishing out on my plate! Even tho I stopped paying for this game I still want good service,and no, I dont want a leech calling me names and trying to scam me all day, get your facts straight because obviously you didnt know they get paid, which concerns me.

MODS don't want to play habbo, They get paid for working to earn themselves a living, Did you honestly think MODS do it for Fun?, Some might enjoy Habbo but most are concerned with their Pay at the end of the day (I would be too), The reason why people are against this "Just Ignore Campaign" is because MODS are PAID to MODERATE the Hotel, NOT to send rude and pointless messages back to the users who are TOLD by Sulake to report Rule Breakers.

thank you, that is a good compliment and I hope some people who either didnt know mods get paid or were against anti-FOMO now change their view on why becs and ione, either need to stop this fomo crap or mods get pay cut

Barmi
01-09-2006, 07:04 PM

Let me start with the part that refers to me most - the negative rep. Do you have any way of proving it was from me? No. Why do you assume it is from me? I never give negative reputation, because I think it is pointless. If you would like an admin to check for you, please go ahead, and don't point your finger.

You can accuse me of being stupid all you want, but I'm not the one that is under the impression MODs are on Habbo for fun. The Moderators are being paid for what they do during the shift they are online.

Agh, sod it. I have to go and eat lovely pizza now, where I can put you to the back of my mind. If the edit time is over when I get back, I will be posting a more... substantial reply. ;l

Barmi
01-09-2006, 07:29 PM
(Second part of my post, above. Edit time had expired, and I had more to add to post. If a Moderator is not happy with two seperate posts, feel free to merge them. :) )

I highly doubt a campaign will do much, I agree. Other online communities would have more of an impact with such a mini-campaign, but on Habbo, where the link between Habbos and Staff is very weak, there is little hope. However, it is a matter of principal. Yes, the Ignore button is there for use, and if situation allows, I would use it. I would not use it at every passing moment though, because there is no need! Ignoring is all well and good, but the offender should still follow the procedure that is outlined. As Evolution said, offences that should carry a 24 hour ban are just... left! Raising the profile of the Ignore button is one thing, but what we have here is just plain wrong.

The Hotel (at the moment) is going through a state of sub-standard moderation, in my opinion. If you had read my previous post, including the part where I had quoted myself, read Evolution's posts, and Porosity's posts, and others, you would understand the reasons why. Rule breakers are being let slip, not just those who are engaging in "mild swearing", or anything of the sort.

For your final statement, I must say the following. You told us to "stop complaining". I said that nobody has the right to tell another individual that they cannot complain on a forum. A forum largely revolves around the expression of your opinion, and how people react to what you think. I will not say "don't tell people to stop complaining", but I will say "you may tell people to stop complaining, but with no authority whatsoever".

Edit: It's also worth adding that you agree with Becs on this matter, not the MODs. Whether or not the Moderators agree with this campaign (which I doubt ALL of them do), they have no say in the matter. They are doing what they are told to do, although generally to a worse extent than I hoped. The Moderators did not bring the Ignore campaign in - I doubt it was their idea. You are not required to agree with me at all. In fact, I would prefer it if you didn't, and gave me a staple diet of provocative conversation. :) So far, all I've picked out is "stop complaining you whining babies... silly banners".

About the comment to negative reputation I posted above - I enclose my name when I give any form of reputation, and an acceptable reason why. I can say with 100% certainty it was not me, and would not be ashamed if it was, because I know my reasoning would have been just. If you feel you have been given "pointless rep", use the search function and appeal against it.

Hitman
01-09-2006, 07:44 PM
On my clone I was banned for advertising a GIVERWAY in the welcome lounge for newbies, so they could have furni. I got banned for 2 hours. I report somebody for abuse and swearing "Please ignore, you have the power muahahahah!"

And they didn't get banned. Now that is messed up.

Porosity
01-09-2006, 07:53 PM
That is very messed up, so join campaign If you havnt

as for you barmi, making a campaign may not make a difference, but the more we build It and the more people we can add the better, Then we can start petitions and then send all this to habbo, including our posts and this thread name, I hope we can make a difference..

FREWIN
01-09-2006, 11:42 PM
2 comments to add:
-will you make your mind up pls. u complain becus u say the mods aint workin, then in 1 of the above posts u say they are, which is it to be? Most of the mods will probably play habbo as i do not believe they all do a job they do not like.
-about the matter concerning the -rep, i never have, or never will apply that you -rep`d me, and i do not believe in revenge reppin. please do not accuse me of doing so, as i have done neither the first or the latter.

FREWIN
02-09-2006, 12:22 AM
On my clone I was banned for advertising a GIVERWAY in the welcome lounge for newbies, so they could have furni. I got banned for 2 hours. I report somebody for abuse and swearing "Please ignore, you have the power muahahahah!"

And they didn't get banned. Now that is messed up.

it is not messed up... i hav highlighted why u most likely got banned.
i highlighted welcome lounge as this were ur ment to welcome ppl not advertise
u wudnt no if he ws band

Porosity
02-09-2006, 12:41 AM
I have my mind made up about the mods, I want them to work for their money, but there are 1 or 2 mods that are doing their job, and those are the ones that ban you for the reason why other mods dont

FREWIN
02-09-2006, 03:25 AM
then u shud b campaignin about lazy mods not the egnore button plan...

Porosity
02-09-2006, 04:54 AM
we are campaigning about both! because the mods are not lazy, atleast they werent before, becs and ione are the morons who started this whole ignore button crap, and now everytime you call for help you get a reply saying use the ignore button, If they had never started this then the mods wouldnt be called "lazy" they'd still be banning people for swearing/scamming and whatever else.

does this help you to realize why the two things, mods and ignore button intertwine?

beer
02-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Im in!!! Check out my userbar :D

Barmi
02-09-2006, 10:26 AM
then u shud b campaignin about lazy mods not the egnore button plan...
For starters, I did not say that you -Repped me. Quite the opposite actually; you said I did to you, which is what all this mess is about. Now please, no more about "you repped me this, I repped you that" - I have not given -Rep for months. If you have a problem with -Rep, seek out the appropriate thread using the search tool.

If you took some time to read the thread properly, you would see that we are not against the Ignore button, we are against this Ignore Campaign, which does include recent MOD behaviour.

Read this thread, and if you feel you have something worthwhile to say, then feel free to do so. However, there is little point saying "you shouldn't be against this, you should be against Z instead". If you have, however, something constructive to say on either side of the argument, or an impartial insight, then feel free to indulge us.

e5
02-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Im in :)

ExtraKen
02-09-2006, 10:57 AM
im in to ;)

02-09-2006, 12:58 PM
2 comments to add:
-will you make your mind up pls. u complain becus u say the mods aint workin, then in 1 of the above posts u say they are, which is it to be? Most of the mods will probably play habbo as i do not believe they all do a job they do not like.
-about the matter concerning the -rep, i never have, or never will apply that you -rep`d me, and i do not believe in revenge reppin. please do not accuse me of doing so, as i have done neither the first or the latter.

Very few MODS are MODS just because they like Habbo, Most will just want their wages then they can go back to their Familys, Not many people like their Jobs but they have to do it to earn a living.

Porosity
02-09-2006, 03:19 PM
it is not messed up... i hav highlighted why u most likely got banned.
i highlighted welcome lounge as this were ur ment to welcome ppl not advertise
u wudnt no if he ws band

maybe a MOD that actually does their job banned him, Like I said before, one or two MODs are actually doing their job, If you search all the mods names on console you'll seee that most of them say Use the ignore button, and some dont

Evolution
02-09-2006, 07:45 PM
-:Undertaker:-, Barmi & Porosity are the ones with the strong points and making it come alive in this thread. As for FREWIN, I think you should just be quiet. While voicing your opinion is allowed, bashing others isn't. The whole ignore campaign could have easily been run in an effective way, but instead, Becs decides to make mods alert Habbos so they are FORCEFULLY told to use Ignore even though the Site Producers of each hotel posted a clear ban guide and ban lengths.

GommeInc
02-09-2006, 07:49 PM
I still think Habbo should just scrap Moderators. This stupid Moderator Program is just a waste of money and time. I would much rather spend money on credits knowing that my money is going towards something worth while. Not aload of people who don't have much of a job to do.

Porosity
02-09-2006, 08:24 PM
then who would tell us to ignore people lmao,

but maybe they should scrap mods because they arnt doing anything...

GommeInc
02-09-2006, 11:32 PM
then who would tell us to ignore people lmao,

but maybe they should scrap mods because they arnt doing anything...
Habbo can put the CFH on Auto Reply :D

Mods are useless now, like Hobbas were. Although Moderators are purposely being lazy, Hobbas slowly lost power when security was a problem. Moderators are just being lazy now "/ And have no real job to do, with all that power going to waste.

Porosity
02-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Add this new bar! Updated version of the original bar and my previous 4 bars ;)

http://www.****************/uploads/7516297363.gif (http://www.****************)
anyway, Im sure that If habbo got rid of ione and becs mods would have to ban offendors
Once we get about 200 people on this campaign and about 500 people to sign a petition we should send In to habbo all our signatures, and the petition, and then maybe they will realise that we are mad that they are actually letting becs and ione get away with this

Snuffdog
03-09-2006, 04:33 AM
They never usually ban you, they just say ignore the user
wat happens when the user is blocking a door ignoring tyhem makes them move :@

and the theory tht if u ignore them they will go away because they will not get furni is rubish they will just do it for fun then

if they are going to do it they need to bring in a vote kick system or somthing so tht say if
I.e.
som1 can inictialize a vote kick and then if 3/4 of the people in the room agree to the vote kick the blocker gets kiked (EXCLUDING GAMES ROOMS SO YOU CAN'T KICK PLAYERS) but the room owner can disband a Vote kick if s/he wishes for it not to be. or the owner could have the choice like on modify where you can give every1 rights you should be able to set it so you can have vote kicks

That way it would be much simpler they do it on most internet games so why not habbo then the mods realy would be able to answer the more important rule breakings

I don't know why any1 is doing this habbo is 1 BIG scam every time they reach a new amount of active profile they jack the price up on everything and don't care about the people who get hurt (loose furni) all this is a money saving scheme soon they will start sacking mods to save money (i think they pay mods)

but with saying that i still do agree that all rule breaking should be punished severly not just warning the reporter

what will be next swearing will no longer be bobba cus the mods are too lazy to ban people for it

(if anything from that has already been said sorry but my comp running slow and it won't open the other pages)

FlyingJesus
03-09-2006, 10:16 AM
there have been a number of provocative questions been posed.

I swear provocative means sexy.

Anyway, to the point.

If I'm being harassed via flooding, I'll just get the person kicked (I'm sad, I typically only go in rooms I have rights in ^_^).
If I'm being harassed via verbal abuse, I just make fun of them (in a non-swearing manner of course) which gets them more and more worked up.

In the second case, I usually would do a CFH after a while just because I think it's funny to get people banned. In fact, I often provoke people just because I don't like them. With this however, my sadistic fun is ruined, as I no longer have the power to get people who think I like them banned.

By all means congratulations to the moderating team for getting such a tight grip on our collective testes, and I'm sure if I was in their position I'd attempt something very similar if not worse. However, I'm a user not a MOD, and as such I'd rather like to know that certain idiots are brought to a tearful justice. Safety? I don't really care that much, but the MODs are paid to care.
If the police said "if you get attacked, just ignore it" would that work?
If the fire department said "if you're on fire, just ignore it" how much would it help you?
If the paramedics said "if you lose an arm, ignore it" would you be happy?
If the coastguard said "if sharks try eating you, ignore them" how often do you think it would work?
If the AA (who are proud to be Britain's FIFTH emergency service, and only in Britain can you be proud of being fifth) said "breakdown on the way to a wedding, just ignore the car" how many people would meet at the altar?

I'm no revolutionary rebel, but I don't like it when people get in the way of me making fun of "less academic" people who need to be taught about my great eloquence.

Barmi
03-09-2006, 11:52 AM
I swear provocative means sexy.

Anyway, to the point.

If I'm being harassed via flooding, I'll just get the person kicked (I'm sad, I typically only go in rooms I have rights in ^_^).
If I'm being harassed via verbal abuse, I just make fun of them (in a non-swearing manner of course) which gets them more and more worked up.

In the second case, I usually would do a CFH after a while just because I think it's funny to get people banned. In fact, I often provoke people just because I don't like them. With this however, my sadistic fun is ruined, as I no longer have the power to get people who think I like them banned.

By all means congratulations to the moderating team for getting such a tight grip on our collective testes, and I'm sure if I was in their position I'd attempt something very similar if not worse. However, I'm a user not a MOD, and as such I'd rather like to know that certain idiots are brought to a tearful justice. Safety? I don't really care that much, but the MODs are paid to care.
If the police said "if you get attacked, just ignore it" would that work?
If the fire department said "if you're on fire, just ignore it" how much would it help you?
If the paramedics said "if you lose an arm, ignore it" would you be happy?
If the coastguard said "if sharks try eating you, ignore them" how often do you think it would work?
If the AA (who are proud to be Britain's FIFTH emergency service, and only in Britain can you be proud of being fifth) said "breakdown on the way to a wedding, just ignore the car" how many people would meet at the altar?
As a side note, I looked up the word for you. ;)

provocative adj 1 tending or intended to cause anger; deliberately infuriating. 2 said of a debate, argument, etc: controversial, but often stimulating. 3 sexually arousing or stimulating, especially by design. provocatively adverb.
ETYMOLOGY: 17c.
If you are provoking something, you are encouraging it - such as "thought provoking".

I don't suppose Habbo Staff support "baiters" either, although I would imagine Ignore is the ideal solution for baiters that like to wind you up. xD

I'm no revolutionary rebel, but I don't like it when people get in the way of me making fun of "less academic" people who need to be taught about my great eloquence.
:o I thought that's what forums were for aswell? Dang! :(

Evolution
04-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Read this:

http://www.habbos.net/showthread.php?t=21929

That's how far Becs has taken this fomo thing, far enough to make mods do nothing but ban someone for reporting someone for CHILD LURING

Florx
04-09-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm in. How pathetic :rolleyes:

What is the point in that waste of a post? :eusa_clap
Give some encouragement to some people TRYING to give advice. I think the only person is pathetic is U!
:eusa_danc

Hecktix
04-09-2006, 09:08 AM
http://www.****************/uploads/770ea4a136.png

SUPPORT THE CAMPAIGN!
http://www.****************/uploads/770ea4a136.png

Florx
04-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Habbo can put the CFH on Auto Reply :D

Mods are useless now, like Hobbas were. Although Moderators are purposely being lazy, Hobbas slowly lost power when security was a problem. Moderators are just being lazy now "/ And have no real job to do, with all that power going to waste.

Correct - we should sign a pettition! I got banned perm:eusa_wall for advertising my habbo fansite (gr8 thing is they couldent shut it down) even though it had no scamming programs or info on there!

DJ Rareness
04-09-2006, 02:59 PM
'Mods are useless now, like Hobbas were'

Not all Hobbas were useless, what you mean is that 90% of Hobbas were useless ;)

Porosity
04-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Correct - we should sign a pettition! I got banned perm:eusa_wall for advertising my habbo fansite (gr8 thing is they couldent shut it down) even though it had no scamming programs or info on there!

they probably banned you because 1) your site isnt official,
2) It could have scams, but they dont care, they dont bother to check, so down with becs

Read this:

That's how far Becs has taken this fomo thing, far enough to make mods do nothing but ban someone for reporting someone for CHILD LURING

Nice find, this just adds more ammo to our campaign,

Id also like to say, that this is the most disgusting thing Ive ever seen over the internet, down with becs!!

manicinsane1
04-09-2006, 03:17 PM
EVERYONE SHOULD SEND ANTI-FOMO AS A CALL FOR HELP EVERYONE DO IT AT 16:20

04-09-2006, 03:20 PM
EVERYONE SHOULD SEND ANTI-FOMO AS A CALL FOR HELP EVERYONE DO IT AT 16:20

Mhmmmm Thats a good idea if the Campaign gets more popular, I would love to send ANTI-FOMO to the MODS :P

Porosity
04-09-2006, 03:20 PM
I dont think that will help, or do anything... Until we get more people,

we should do that and send all our petitions, posts, and anything else we got when we do It, but not today ;p

manicinsane1
04-09-2006, 03:23 PM
OR WE SHOULD SEND THIS THREAD TO HABBO OR SULAKE OR SOMETHING

manicinsane1
04-09-2006, 03:27 PM
WE NEED SOMEONE IN A HIGH POSITION TO SUPPORT ARE CAMPAIGN MAYBE A CELEBRITY OR CO-OWNER OR SOMETHING WHETHER WE CAN DO THAT I DON'T BUT WE CAN TRY

Porosity
04-09-2006, 03:28 PM
thats what I meant, but not just this thread, there is a petition,

also i think It Is a good Idea to post a screenie of a mod telling you to ignore someone,

take a screenie of the call for help you sent, and then take a screenie If you get a message

FlyingJesus
04-09-2006, 05:20 PM
provocative adj 1 tending or intended to cause anger; deliberately infuriating. 2 said of a debate, argument, etc: controversial, but often stimulating. 3 sexually arousing or stimulating, especially by design. provocatively adverb.
ETYMOLOGY: 17c.

You clearly meant the third one ;)

Moosik
04-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Why doesn't someone make an account on Habbo called

"Anti-Fomo"

I don't know if this name has been taken or anything because i'm not on Habbo, and then the owner of "Anti-Fomo" sends a f/r to people part of Anti-Fomo or something, and then everyone raids a public room. An idea, not a big one, but yeah, an idea ;D

Moosik
04-09-2006, 08:33 PM
WE NEED SOMEONE IN A HIGH POSITION TO SUPPORT ARE CAMPAIGN MAYBE A CELEBRITY OR CO-OWNER OR SOMETHING WHETHER WE CAN DO THAT I DON'T BUT WE CAN TRY

It's very unlikely a Celebrity would want to help the campaign..

Porosity
04-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Moosik speaks the truth, what kind of celeb are we going to get lol

I also dont think that raiding a public room is smart, let alone a good way to appeal that we hate becs and ione and FOMO

GommeInc
04-09-2006, 09:58 PM
'Mods are useless now, like Hobbas were'

Not all Hobbas were useless, what you mean is that 90% of Hobbas were useless ;)
No... All of them were useless. They basically turned in Habbo X's towards the end. They couldn't ban or anything "/ I am not saying the person behind the Hobba is useless, I ment in general, when they got rid of House Keeping for Hobbas.

Read this:

Doesn't surprise me. All Habbo need now is for someone to be raped and killed. Then when an angry parent comes online Habbo will be in ALOT of trouble.

http://www.habbohotel.co.uk/help/parents_guide.html

Is it safe?

Habbo Hotel is moderated 24 hours a day, every day by professional moderators. The moderators are fully trained and all are police vetted. Players can ask a moderator for help at any time by clicking on the blue question mark.
If I worked for Habbo:

Parent :Is it safe?
Me: No.

Most of that paragraph is a load of crap. Players CANNOT ask Mods for help. And no, they are not professional. Not all at least.

Porosity
04-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Thats true, If I asked a mod to help me they'd probably tell me to ignore the person, :o thanks that helped (sarcasim)

Barmi
05-09-2006, 06:07 PM
No... All of them were useless. They basically turned in Habbo X's towards the end. They couldn't ban or anything "/ I am not saying the person behind the Hobba is useless, I ment in general, when they got rid of House Keeping for Hobbas.

Doesn't surprise me. All Habbo need now is for someone to be raped and killed. Then when an angry parent comes online Habbo will be in ALOT of trouble.

http://www.habbohotel.co.uk/help/parents_guide.html

If I worked for Habbo:

Parent :Is it safe?
Me: No.

Most of that paragraph is a load of crap. Players CANNOT ask Mods for help. And no, they are not professional. Not all at least.
Quoted for truth.

And Evo, that really is terrible. ;( And yet, people still welcome this campaign with open arms? Ooh yes, let's let kiddy fiddlers roam free on a chatroom full of adolescents, and do nothing about it? It's almost as bad as a parent letting their child go wild on all the sweets in a shop, and denying all knowledge of doing so. :rolleyes: (Edit: Well done Barmi - it's worse, duh!)

I totally agree with what Gomme said - unless the standards of moderation are improved, Habbo are hardly fit to display all this "your child is safe" malarky in the Parent's Guide.

Note: Spamming the CFH about this campain is hardly going to help things, aside from giving you a big fat ban. Funny how people would get banned for sending multiple CFHs? Protests are useless - the most effective way of achieving an outcome is convincing the majority that our opinion is the better of the two. If half of the Hotel are against an "Ignore Campaign", Sulake can hardly call it a success now, can they? I'm not surprised that Habbo don't get a number of "concerned queries" from parents using the HHT. :rolleyes:

Porosity
05-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Thats also true, I want habbo to change all Its rules because the rules they have now, are meaningless, dont really have any effect on the hotel, and becs is a "genious" and has disabandoned those rules-useless

GommeInc
05-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Most things on Habbo are now meaningless. Moderators are now pointless, half their pages are now pointless, the "Ban Article" Lost_Witness I believe wrote, is pointless. The only time someone is banned ifs for the wrong reasons "/

RLY-CRAIG?
05-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Whats alla this bout then

Porosity
05-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Please read previous posts or all the pages ;)

RLY-CRAIG?
05-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Please read previous posts or all the pages ;)

Ahem there's thirteen, i'll be ere all nite ye

Evolution
05-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Most things on Habbo are now meaningless. Moderators are now pointless, half their pages are now pointless, the "Ban Article" Lost_Witness I believe wrote, is pointless. The only time someone is banned ifs for the wrong reasons "/
yeah, but what can they do when someone in power, much more than they have, tells them what to do?

Porosity
05-09-2006, 10:28 PM
I think becs should be removed from habbo, and In some cases Its not about power, mods just see this as an oppurtunity to lay back and enjoy people rampaging through the hotel, becs has givin them this chance to do nothing, and Its weird how lost_witness doesnt do anything about IT...

Evolution
05-09-2006, 10:29 PM
I think becs should be removed from habbo, and In some cases Its not about power, mods just see this as an oppurtunity to lay back and enjoy people rampaging through the hotel, becs has givin them this chance to do nothing, and Its weird how lost_witness doesnt do anything about IT...
lol...becs overrules him and everyone else in the offices

GommeInc
05-09-2006, 10:31 PM
yeah, but what can they do when someone in power, much more than they have, tells them what to do?
Suggest how stupid and pointless it is? I would if I was working for Sulake. If I get sacked, possibly for the best "/

Evolution
05-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Suggest how stupid and pointless it is? I would if I was working for Sulake. If I get sacked, possibly for the best "/
Not everyone speaks their minds as much as you do sir. A quality many don't have :(

Porosity
05-09-2006, 10:46 PM
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/6493/ignore1ee8.png (http://imageshack.us)

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/3116/ignore3rh1.png (http://imageshack.us)

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/3927/ignore2cy2.png (http://imageshack.us)

if No Image is shown please wait 5 minutes for me to get new ones

anyway, I went around interviewing people, and my question everytime was ; Do you think habbos should use the ignore button instead of offendors being banned

above are your answers

Barmi
06-09-2006, 06:48 AM
anyway, I went around interviewing people, and my question everytime was ; Do you think habbos should use the ignore button instead of offendors being banned

above are your answers
My answer to the part in bold? Habbos should use the Ignore button whilst they are waiting for their CFH to be dealt with. It should be used in the interim, as a short-term fix. I do expect offending Habbos to be punished for their actions though. Since the Ignore button was introduced, this set of actions has always been supported by Habbo.

Now, it seems that the Ignore button is used for more than just "in the interim", because even important calls about child luring are not dealt with. I could understand if someone spamming random swearing took 5 minutes before he was banned. However, it is stated that the most important calls took priority, and as far as a chat room goes, child luring is the highest priority you can get. It is possible, however, that some Moderators are using this campaign as an excuse to "lay back". Becs may not have intended the campaign to turn out as it has, because some Moderators may have just seen the easy way out. Saying that though, it happens in a lot of different shifts, so it's not just one or two Moderators.. ;l

JackBuddy
06-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I was on Habbo.fi the other day, and I spoke to two Canadian people about the hotels, it's funny how they both said that the UK hotel has the worst mods!

Moosik
06-09-2006, 07:16 PM
I was on Habbo.fi the other day, and I spoke to two Canadian people about the hotels, it's funny how they both said that the UK hotel has the worst mods!

Our MOD Rubbishness is going Global! Hope you're Happy Sulake

ÂșNotesÂș
06-09-2006, 08:31 PM
:s Who mentioned FOMO? Is there something about it on a website or something?

GommeInc
06-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Not everyone speaks their minds as much as you do sir. A quality many don't have :(
I wish I worked for Habbo. A good time educating the dumb, the simple and the damn right crazy :D Although, I probably wouldn't want to work there as Sulake people sounhd slightly evil.

Porosity
06-09-2006, 09:45 PM
I wish I worked for Habbo. A good time educating the dumb, the simple and the damn right crazy :D Although, I probably wouldn't want to work there as Sulake people sounhd slightly evil.

It would be easy tho, someone sends a CFH and you just ignore and send an auto reply

Just-One
11-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Regarding this Anti-FOMO protest.

I totally agree with this to an extent. I think if Habbo allowed users with rights to ban habbo's from the rooms then FOMO would be acceptable. I also think that if you ignore a user, they should not be able to hear what you say.

This FOMO campaign would get my approval if the above is completed, else, its stupid letting other users listen to guys swear, spam scam sites etc.

Dentafrice1
11-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Im in :)

Of course.. who do you expect to start something like this?? Of course the answer is Becs...... Hmph like always

Bahrami2k6
12-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Whats the point in the bobba filter, Might aswell take that off.

I got banned for selling furni via paypal. I should say to player support 'They should of used ignore'

Evolution
13-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Use the new userbar in my sig! & link to www.mrhabbo.co.uk/fomo

The other one kinda promotes the campaign instead of mocks it :(

Rory
13-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Ermm, who called it FOMO?

Frank459
13-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Ermm, who called it FOMO?

http://www.****************/uploads/f985ee0229.jpg

And Im gonna get the new userbar now! ;)

Rareoid
13-09-2006, 06:34 PM
FOMO is the biggest piece of crap I've ever heard.

That page on the homepage about FOMO is just visual poo. What muppet came up with this idea? The Moderators get paid &#163;10 a hour and they're always trying to make their job easier... Do some effing work and stop trying to promote all this FOMO b/s.

Minix
13-09-2006, 08:31 PM
It's a good idea though... ignore button is soo cool.

But I found it hilarious when they said (Something along the lines of) "Why report them? To ignore them is the worst punishment they can get!

Dentafrice1
13-09-2006, 09:16 PM
http://www.****************/uploads/2581146da7.png (http://www.****************)

JohnnyJoey
11-10-2006, 07:25 PM
we should call outselfs NAWFOMO.
nobody agrees with FOMO. =]

Dentafrice1
11-10-2006, 08:12 PM
The fomo campaign is over ;) Why are you still talking about it?

Kevin

slbmanuel
03-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Is the campaign against using the ignore bar or in favor of the ignore bar?

Dentafrice1
03-11-2006, 11:02 PM
This is a huge bump.. the FOMO campaign is over so why did you bump it?

DCeption
04-11-2006, 12:29 AM
This is a huge bump.. the FOMO campaign is over so why did you bump it?

Its on going? Mods still tell you to ingnore

ColyTom
04-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Is the campaign against using the ignore bar or in favor of the ignore bar?
Fomo is in favour
Anti-Fomo is not in favour.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!