PDA

View Full Version : Needing some information.

YouFail
25-08-2006, 04:44 PM
What am I doing?
I am looking to open a new site but am stuck for ideas on what to create it about

What am I looking for?
I am looking for information on what sites you would like to see opening. I have a good budget for this project and could spend a lot of time perfecting it but im looking for help on what market to invest my money into. Ideally I would like a cash return but that is not the main objective at the moment.

How can I help?

You can help by one of three ways.

You can offer an idea to the program
You can offer your services to the program once an idea is decided on
You can donate any spare things you have such as hosting space, domains etcThanks for all help that hopefully will be given. I will also give +Rep to anyone I believe deserves it

-Xperience
25-08-2006, 04:47 PM
I guess i could help! If you need staff or something for the big "idea" Dont know what the idea can be though, sorry. =]

Jargit
25-08-2006, 05:46 PM
i reckon a site packed with loads of usefull domains :D you could advertise for peeps to raise the money for stuff :D

25-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Affiliation.com

Basically, you affiliate with almost every site that allows affiliations. You get traffic, put adsense on and boom.

:Blob
25-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Can anyone remember the millionaire advertising site that got zombie attacked? (This shouldnt put you off :rolleyes:)

But you should make one of those

25-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Can anyone remember the millionaire advertising site that got zombie attacked? (This shouldnt put you off :rolleyes:)

But you should make one of those

Steal my post why don't you.

Andm, no I never heard it.

:Blob
25-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Lol ^^^

Anyway, there was this site someone made about 2 mil from it, and zombie attackers threatend (Cant spell <--) to hack it unless they get about 500 grand.
And i think they did

25-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Lol ^^^

Anyway, there was this site someone made about 2 mil from it, and zombie attackers threatend (Cant spell <--) to hack it unless they get about 500 grand.
And i think they did

This is way off topic but did you hear about the man that hacked into NASA using a simple 12 line PERL script. It read every computer to see whether the password was set to default and he got official secret files. He got jailed for it though but got let off because he pleaded he was doing it in conjuction with the freedom of information act.

That was cool.

Do an affiliation site
^[To make an on topic post]

xxMATTGxx
25-08-2006, 06:53 PM
You mean: http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/

25-08-2006, 07:09 PM
You mean: http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/

HOLY MUTHA.

That's allora pixels.

Some people must be crazy, loads of pixels?

60X60=&#163;60
$360?!

EDIT - Have you seen the source code? Bloomin eck.

uber
25-08-2006, 07:09 PM
You can get the milliondollarhomepage script free from tufat.com btw.

aspeas
25-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey
I think you should do the affliate site idea.
It's a good idea and you could always make money from it.

xxMATTGxx
25-08-2006, 07:45 PM
HOLY MUTHA.

That's allora pixels.

Some people must be crazy, loads of pixels?

60X60=£60
$360?!

EDIT - Have you seen the source code? Bloomin eck.

Lmao , Calm down ;]

He made alot of money on it , was on the news :)

Also looking at his blog on the website hes looking into another project..

- Back on topic -

Yep you really should go with the links idea :)

Sygon.
25-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Try something original, im not giving any ideas though :)

Muhammad Haris
25-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Try something original, im not giving any ideas though :)

Exactly, these people are still stucked on million dollar homepage idea :P

Sygon.
25-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Exactly, these people are still stucked on million dollar homepage idea :P

Lmao yeah, so many people have tried it.

25-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Lmao yeah, so many people have tried it.

And so many people have made cash.

Sygon.
25-08-2006, 10:00 PM
And so many people have made cash.

:rolleyes: Thats where you wrong, the only succesful one was the original because it was unique, script released everyone tried no body wants to advertise on those sites any more :)

25-08-2006, 10:06 PM
:rolleyes: Thats where you wrong, the only succesful one was the original because it was unique, script released everyone tried no body wants to advertise on those sites any more :)

That's were you're wrong

www.unemployedloser.com

Muhammad Haris
25-08-2006, 11:12 PM
That's were you're wrong

www.unemployedloser.com (http://www.unemployedloser.com)

Yes, some people are successfull but some people really aren't. They are trying their best but it isin't working for them unless they give them something back for their donations.

His remaining amount "$997828.45 Remaining"

He won't be able to complete it in 5-10 years.

25-08-2006, 11:16 PM
May-b not, but he's made £1000+

That's money to you and me.

YouFail
26-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Okay I think I may go with Vixt's idea as it does seem pretty good.

Im not trying to copy anything here so if anyone knows of any sites very similar to this please feel free to post/PM me about it.

I'm also looking for people to help with it now and some other stuff such as spare hosting etc. If i get enough money (which I should soon, Birthday!) i'll buy proper hosting and a domain etc. I may just use up some spare hosting just now.

Does anybody know any reliable hosts with next to 0% downtime and good prices? If so reply please

additional
26-08-2006, 10:38 AM
http://xtremehosts.co.uk/ for sure. I am with them, I have not had any downtime as of yet. Great support and the owner is a good guy.

-Xperience
26-08-2006, 10:59 AM
www.hugotonhosting.com (http://www.hugotonhosting.com) My sites hosted on that and its extremely reliable and cheap!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!