PDA

View Full Version : Hair offers to quit.

Steven.
25-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Umpire Darrell Hair offered to quit in exchange for $500,000 following the ball tampering controversy that saw Pakistan forfeit the fourth test on Sunday, the ICC have revealed.

Reporters had gathered at a hotel near Lord's gathered expecting to hear news on the cancelled disciplinary hearing of Pakistan captain Inzamam ul Haq .
Instead ICC Chief Executive Malcolm Speed handed out copies of correspondence between Hair and the ICC detailing the umpires demands.
Speed stressed that he was satisfied that there was no 'malicious, underhand or dishonest intent' in the offer and that he believed Hair was under 'great stress when he wrote the letter'.

i think this is pathetic, it seems like Hair is hideing something.

=\

Opinions?

Smiddy
25-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Can't blame him, at the moment I think he is the most hated person in cricket.
But he was a good umpire despite all negative things that he has done in the past.
Btw - that's the equilivant of £300,000.

25-08-2006, 06:17 PM
He did the right thing, it's just Pakistan could'nt hack it.

If he want's to resign, let him, the fact that he has requested cash for a resignation, he should be made to resign.

Pu$$y
25-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Pakistan are cheats.

25-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Pakistan are cheats.

That wasn't proved.

Pu$$y
25-08-2006, 06:28 PM
That wasn't proved.
They obviously are.

Smiddy
25-08-2006, 06:31 PM
For all we know, Hair might of tampered with the ball.

But also Vixt, they could easily terminate his contract, that way they don't need to pay-out unless he has clauses in it.

Pu$$y
25-08-2006, 06:32 PM
For all we know, Hair might of tampered with the ball.

But also Vixt, they could easily terminate his contract, that way they don't need to pay-out unless he has clauses in it.
I doubt Hair tamperd with the ball.

Smiddy
25-08-2006, 06:33 PM
I doubt Hair tamperd with the ball.
I doubt Pakistan did personally. ;) But the umpires have to check the ball at the end of each over, who is to say they didn't make a mark on it accidentially..?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!