PDA

View Full Version : UK's population breaks 60M mark.

Smiddy
25-08-2006, 05:51 PM
The United Kingdom has become 1 of the few countries to now be inhabited by 60 million people.

The main causes for this are..
Immigration (coming from other EU countries like Poland, Hungary and Lithuania)
A large jump in babies birth
OAP's are now living longer into there lives (IE - There is around 10,000 people who now live over the age of 100; 336,000 (including 100+) who live over the age of 90+)

London of course had the largest increase in size.
People over the age of 60, now outnumber the people aged under 16, by around 60,000 people.
This is the biggest surge since 1965.

And some other facts..
Religion -
43.1M are Christian.
1.63M are Muslim.
602,000 are Hindu.
362,000 are Sikh.
301,000 are Jewish.
181,000 are Buddhists.
9.33M are Athetists + Agnostics (unsure).
4.39M refuse to reveal their religion.
200,000 follow other faiths.

54.18M give there ethnic origin as White British.
12.64M over 60's compared to 12.04M under 16's.
Of that 12.04 under 16's, only 7.83M live with both biological parents.
Most current popular names are Jessica (female) and Jack (male)
2.12M children live in a house where no guardians/parents work.

And finally, it's predicted we will reach 70million people by 2065.

Souce - The Sun.

Thoughts?

Nixt
25-08-2006, 05:53 PM
The annoying thing about this whole thing is, everytime you get on a bus, they are packed... and everyone is sweaty cos of all that people; it's gross :'(

bum
25-08-2006, 05:53 PM
soz not racist or w.e, but im one of the 2 white families on mee estate, and theres like 149 houses

ross
25-08-2006, 05:54 PM
I think that Imigrants shouldn't be allowed in. I mean, in my school there's millions of them, and you can't go anywhere without seeing atleast 50.. I think it's out of control, though I'm not racist.

I generally dislike Muslims.

-:Undertaker:-
25-08-2006, 05:55 PM
I think that Imigrants shouldn't be allowed in. I mean, in my school there's millions of them, and you can't go anywhere without seeing atleast 50.. I think it's out of control, though I'm not racist.

I agree + Your NOT Racist.

We need to close our borders, There like leaches who suck all our money away.

bum
25-08-2006, 05:56 PM

me 2 soz, i know its not all of them but some extremist muslims have been let into our country to blow it up ! and kill other innocent members of the public which makes me sick.

Ryan+Joe
25-08-2006, 06:01 PM
lol i can mak more friends!!!!! :d:d:D

jordybumz!
25-08-2006, 06:03 PM
there's too many immigrants.

bum
25-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Theyll have to build new houses etc, and england will become to cluttrd ;l

Nixt
25-08-2006, 06:04 PM
there's too many immigrants.
To be totally honest; he got it in one.

brandon
25-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Exactly, they come to our country and use all our resources.

bum
25-08-2006, 06:05 PM

init. & some dont work, whichh isnt on when they get workers muney/

Nemo
25-08-2006, 06:07 PM
but tourists and stuff bring money in at the same time as takin it out and now they're puttin up that big building which u'll be able 2 see everywhere:exclaim:

Ryan+Joe
25-08-2006, 06:10 PM
I WENT 2 ALTON TOWERS N MOST OF DA PPL THERE WERE CHINESE OR SOMETHIN. TAKIN UP MA RIDE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bum
25-08-2006, 06:12 PM
I WENT 2 ALTON TOWERS N MOST OF DA PPL THERE WERE CHINESE OR SOMETHIN. TAKIN UP MA RIDE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol.
all shops r owned by indians 2 ;'[. they usually smell bad soz.

DJ-Ali
Someday our country will be packed like China or India. :P

Smiddy
So you're saying.. if the muslim's magically changed religion to Christian, you'd welcome them? ;)

I agree though, because this country has such easy access (thanks labour :rolleyes_), we're an easy target for people to get in and use our facilities, some of which use our (parents) Tax money to live off.

bum
25-08-2006, 06:14 PM
So you're saying.. if the muslim's magically changed religion to Christian, you'd welcome them? ;)

No coz im sure some people from india are christans.

soon well lose child benfits things when u have more thn a 1 kidl.

25-08-2006, 06:16 PM

I agree though, because this country has such easy access (thanks labour :rolleyes_), we're an easy target for people to get in and use our facilities, some of which use our (parents) Tax money to live off.

o You hate Labour like me - WOOT

Also we should've Voted Micheal Howard in when he was Leader Of the Conservatives because he was against Gypos and he wanted border control.

Smiddy
25-08-2006, 06:22 PM
o You hate Labour like me - WOOT

Also we should've Voted Micheal Howard in when he was Leader Of the Conservatives because he was against Gypos and he wanted border control.
I've liked conservative since Blair came to power.. And now I like Lib Dems instead. ;)

No coz im sure some people from india are christans.

soon well lose child benfits things when u have more thn a 1 kidl.
Yes, but others were saying they hated muslims, if say all the muslims changed faith and became christian, then what would you feel towards them?

And exactly, that would result in an increase on the Tax prices.

25-08-2006, 06:25 PM
I dont like Lib Dems - Haven't got a clue what they're doing :D

I support Right-Wing Conservaties but not this new Leader David Cameron - He's just anthor Tony Blair.

I support BNP aswell.

Smiddy
25-08-2006, 06:29 PM
I dont like Lib Dems - Haven't got a clue what they're doing :D

I support Right-Wing Conservaties but not this new Leader David Cameron - He's just anthor Tony Blair.

I support BNP aswell.
Ah, but the Lib Dem's I think will take in more of what the public say. ;)

David Cameron was the reason I went off Conersatives :p

BNP are just a bunch of racists. Seriously. ;)

Cannot go wrong with the Monster Raving Loony Party.. ;)

25-08-2006, 06:43 PM
When the Conservative Candiates were chosen I wanted Ken Clarke or David Davis to win, Not stupid Blair - Oh I ment Cameron.

luke-p
25-08-2006, 06:54 PM

Exactly!! Your not racist its true everybody should just stay in there home country, Its the Muslim religion I dislike

mat64
25-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Hmm, Well i as far as immigration goes. I do not mind having the chienese they are hard workers and most come here to learn. However, I do have a problem with those who come over here to 1) not work and leech off benifits. 2) Those who come over to scam (Credit card, fraud ect.). Now with more countries joining the EU it's not going to get any better. Again however I do not support BNP :cool_blue.

Spelling is bad I know.

Smiddy
25-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Hmm, Well i as far as immigration goes. I do not mind having the chienese they are hard workers and most come here to learn. However, I do have a problem with those who come over here to 1) not work and leech off benifits. 2) Those who come over to scam (Credit card, fraud ect.). Now with more countries joining the EU it's not going to get any better. Again however I do not support BNP :cool_blue.

Spelling is bad I know.Agreed, like with the NHS, you see some people from different origins helping out there. Especially Dentists now-a-days I think.

And those 2 reasons are usually why they come over.. unless they've come to make a fresh start and take this country seriously, why come at all? It isn't the American dream now is it.. >_>
Yeah, the 2 new countries joining the EU are just going to make it worse.. I think it's Bulgaria and Romania?

Wootzeh
25-08-2006, 07:11 PM
They're here getting jobs, when there are more experienced workers. Yet they're out of work.

25-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Them Eastern Countries are full of Criminals.

mat64
25-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Yeh it is Bulgaria and Romania, so far they say we have got an "Open door policy" to the new countries joining.

Agreed, like with the NHS, you see some people from different origins helping out there. Especially Dentists now-a-days I think.

And those 2 reasons are usually why they come over.. unless they've come to make a fresh start and take this country seriously, why come at all? It isn't the American dream now is it.. >_>
Yeah, the 2 new countries joining the EU are just going to make it worse.. I think it's Bulgaria and Romania?

beth
25-08-2006, 07:28 PM
too many people mann ;x. and its a shame these days cus no-one expresses their points of views about population due to fear of being considered 'racist'.

DMB-Hosting
25-08-2006, 07:34 PM
England will end up been run by muslims

Angel-Light
25-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I remember a while ago on the Scottish news a female from India I think it was, she studied at a Scottish uni and got her degree in Dentistry. Unfortunately they refused to renew her visa to stay in the country. If you are saying they are taking all the jobs then why are they wanting to do the jobs we hate? The ones where we get our hands dirty or whatever.

I don't mind immigration as my neighbours follow the muslim religion and they are all british born. Sure UK's population might be getting out of control but what about other countries? Many British citizens migrate to other countries (ie New Zealand) plus now in modern days we are more likely to have less children.

Anyway that's my view over, funnily enough we were talking about that in geography today...

xxMATTGxx
25-08-2006, 08:22 PM
There letting to many people come over and live here now, it needs to me clamped down on. More trees will die for more houses being built and we need them trees to live.

Victimized
25-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Our country is called England, but half the country aren't even English ffs.

Ryan+Joe
25-08-2006, 08:35 PM
I was watching the news and like one county is 1/10 Polish, and English people are struggling to get jobs. I think it's stupid :-/

Frodo13.
25-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Black people and Hindu's I don't mind - They have help British culture and British businesses. But Muslims I dislike. They scrounge are money, then blow the county up.

Muslims say 'Not all of us are terrorists' but alot of Muslims actually said the bombing on London were actually justified.

jordybumz!
25-08-2006, 08:40 PM
unfortuneately that is true.

Victimized
25-08-2006, 08:42 PM
unfortuneately that is true.

Something like 10% of them wanted to live under the muslim laws.

luke-p
25-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Yep they should track down EVRY illegal immigrant and any immigrant on benefits and send them back and lock the doors to the country

Smiddy
25-08-2006, 08:59 PM
I remember a while ago on the Scottish news a female from India I think it was, she studied at a Scottish uni and got her degree in Dentistry. Unfortunately they refused to renew her visa to stay in the country. If you are saying they are taking all the jobs then why are they wanting to do the jobs we hate? The ones where we get our hands dirty or whatever.

I don't mind immigration as my neighbours follow the muslim religion and they are all british born. Sure UK's population might be getting out of control but what about other countries? Many British citizens migrate to other countries (ie New Zealand) plus now in modern days we are more likely to have less children.

Anyway that's my view over, funnily enough we were talking about that in geography today...
Yeah, if it was jobs like shopkeeping, mechanics, plumbing par examplé then I feel we should have priority over immigrants there.
But when noone is applying for jobs (like the NHS), then I feel we can use other countries resources (if they are willing). And yes, many UK citizens do like to live out in countries like Spain and France aswell, should we stop them too?

Yep they should track down EVRY illegal immigrant and any immigrant on benefits and send them back and lock the doors to the country
Because that's the easiest job in the world...
Plus the entire country would then be called Racist for not allowing opportunity to other countries. ;)

NekkLe
25-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Theres so much conflict over this atm that its hard to stick to a suggestion. Australia have there immagration sorted, you have to have so much in the bank, a certified trade, no convictions and some other stuff. Its good because the people they bring in are there to work and live a good life, earn there economy money in a legit way is they way forward for them.

In London, its soo multicultural but i'm used to it.

HUGECOOL
25-08-2006, 09:21 PM
I wonder what everyone's opinion would be if England was still overpopulated with white English Christians and not other races.

luke-p
25-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Well that's a really good point i don't think anybody would care

iluvben
25-08-2006, 09:23 PM

I agree :D

& that's a lot of christians o_o

Mit
25-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Lol you know how many white people sit on their couches reaping in benefits, if immigrants are gonna be stopped from doing it the British people should as well.

Also our population would decline if not for immigrants and there would be many important jobs vacant. We need to make sure we do clamp down on immigrantion but not to the point that hardly any are let in. And why are everyone saying Muslims are bad, I get my teeth done by muslims, I go to hospital and its muslim doctors, my internet went down a muslim comes out and fixes it!

The media find the radical muslims and put them on tv. Lib Dems aren't doing much atm, and conservatives all though some of their views are good some of the views you don't hear about are kinda bad.

Herman
26-08-2006, 04:06 AM
And why are everyone saying Muslims are bad, I get my teeth done by muslims, I go to hospital and its muslim doctors, my internet went down a muslim comes out and fixes it!
Exactly, +rep. For the people who said they hated muslims, if you actually learnt more about Islam, you'd realise it's just a peaceful religion. It's just a stupid group of extremists (sp?) who try to destroy the country and give muslims a bad name. I agree, they are stupid and they should be stopped, but don't let them change your point of view on the whole community of muslims.

luke-p
26-08-2006, 08:00 AM
Actually if we did lock our doors to the country and so did evry other country 7/7 wouldn't of happened, The terrorist plot that was going to be bigger than 9/11 Wouldn't of even been planed If Muslims just stayed in there country and not go to Any other countries or not be allowed in then 9/11 Wouldn't even of happened and we wouldn't have the war on terrorism.

2hd.
26-08-2006, 08:09 AM
They're here getting jobs, when there are more experienced workers. Yet they're out of work.

They aren't stealing our jobs. They are doing the jobs we don't want to. McDonalds, bin men, newsagents, factory workers. 65% of immigrants do jobs that when asked, 75% of people wouldn't like to do.

I wouldn't have a problem with that. Muslims and Asians are proven to be smarter than white youths most of the time, and if we were working with asian/muslim motiviation, our economy would boom.

Acidude
26-08-2006, 08:34 AM
To change the subject completely, I don't understand how there could have been a rise in the amount of babies being born. Although there are a select groups of teenage mothers, most people are waiting until later in life to have children, and some aren't having them at all, so I would that they has, if anything, been a fall in the number of babies being born.

FrozenWhisper
26-08-2006, 08:35 AM
To change the subject completely, I don't understand how there could have been a rise in the amount of babies being born. Although there are a select groups of teenage mothers, most people are waiting until later in life to have children, and some aren't having them at all, so I would that they has, if anything, been a fall in the number of babies being born.
Yer, thats true, I mean, I can't think of any pregant teenagers I've sen around...

Nemo
26-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Lol you know how many white people sit on their couches reaping in benefits, if immigrants are gonna be stopped from doing it the British people should as well.

Also our population would decline if not for immigrants and there would be many important jobs vacant. We need to make sure we do clamp down on immigrantion but not to the point that hardly any are let in. And why are everyone saying Muslims are bad, I get my teeth done by muslims, I go to hospital and its muslim doctors, my internet went down a muslim comes out and fixes it!

The media find the radical muslims and put them on tv. Lib Dems aren't doing much atm, and conservatives all though some of their views are good some of the views you don't hear about are kinda bad.

Exactly, +rep. For the people who said they hated muslims, if you actually learnt more about Islam, you'd realise it's just a peaceful religion. It's just a stupid group of extremists (sp?) who try to destroy the country and give muslims a bad name. I agree, they are stupid and they should be stopped, but don't let them change your point of view on the whole community of muslims.
i completely agree with both of u!! +rep to both

Mit
26-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Actually if we did lock our doors to the country and so did evry other country 7/7 wouldn't of happened, The terrorist plot that was going to be bigger than 9/11 Wouldn't of even been planed If Muslims just stayed in there country and not go to Any other countries or not be allowed in then 9/11 Wouldn't even of happened and we wouldn't have the war on terrorism.

thats pretty racist to ban an ethnic group from travelling to other countries, what if other countries started banning english from coming to their country.

You make me laugh if we had no muslims the NHS would be awful, most people would not be able to get the right medical service, and theres thousands of important jobs filled by muslims.

ilovejordan
26-08-2006, 11:16 AM

I agree. I think i'd have a panic attack if one sat next to me on any form of public transport

beth
26-08-2006, 11:21 AM
people say muslims like it's a type of bug. ROFL. not that i don't agree that there is too many foreigners in britain. but it's not just muslims innit.
someone said earlier about 'it's not bad muslim fixes my teeth, works at hospitals etc' well yeah, that's great but they're taking a job opportunity that could have been used by a native british person.

Mit
26-08-2006, 11:37 AM
people say muslims like it's a type of bug. ROFL. not that i don't agree that there is too many foreigners in britain. but it's not just muslims innit.
someone said earlier about 'it's not bad muslim fixes my teeth, works at hospitals etc' well yeah, that's great but they're taking a job opportunity that could have been used by a native british person.

Maybe if the 'native' british people got the right grades and wanted to do those jobs then sure they could get the jobs. Also why shouldnt we get muslims that are better at the jobs than native britains.

I sit next to muslims all the time on the london underground and i feel fine.

ross
26-08-2006, 11:41 AM
I mean, a Muslim kid in my school was bullying people, and once he called me Gay. So, I said to him 'get back to your own country' as it was the enitial thing that came to my head, and I got in trouble for being 'racist'? yet, he can call people Gay, Milky Bars and other various filtered words. It's wrong.

Plus, they all around in Mafia's.

Mit
26-08-2006, 11:49 AM
I mean, a Muslim kid in my school was bullying people, and once he called me Gay. So, I said to him 'get back to your own country' as it was the enitial thing that came to my head, and I got in trouble for being 'racist'? yet, he can call people Gay, Milky Bars and other various filtered words. It's wrong.

There was a white kid at my old school that went round being rudde when some black guy called him .... he got in trouble.

NekkLe
26-08-2006, 11:53 AM
When i worked in central london a few months back, I was working on a construction site for a big firm and the majority of labourers there where from Bulgeria, Russia, Poland and Czech Republic. This women had a painting and decorating firm which was full with foreign people. The work they produced was tacky because they weren't certified to do this job. Wrong tradesman can't do proper jobs and thats a thing people look into if they want work doing.
Its all dodgey aswell how the labourers work aswell, they come into the country on someone card and get housed seceretly. I disagree to this as this isn't legit and if they start raping people, the police won't know who they are.
If the English goverment tightened up there immigration they'd know who is who.
I don't disagree with foreign people comming in but they need to certified in trades and other jobs that require degrees or grades and not some fake ID.
But people need to realise that the UK is a small island and its getting very croweded and this is why UK resaidents are getting annoyed with immigrants.

I think because i've grown up in London all my life its had an effect on me, I actually can't stand going on holidays where its not multicultural, it annoys me for some reason. But when i'm in London I feel at home because theres a mix of ethnicity.

Herman
26-08-2006, 12:15 PM

There was a white kid at my old school that went round being rudde when some black guy called him .... he got in trouble.
EXACTLY. Ross, not only muslims bully others you know? Infact, you're discriminating muslims right now, which is even worst than bullying.

ross
26-08-2006, 12:20 PM
EXACTLY. Ross, not only muslims bully others you know? Infact, you're discriminating muslims right now, which is even worst than bullying.

nope i dont like muslims, i stated that in first thread :/ i have my reasons not to dislike them which i'm not gonna discuss with you.

GommeInc
26-08-2006, 12:26 PM
I've just spent the past 5 minutes laughing at the people who are affraid of people. Honestly, lighten up. Muslims are great! You only get a small amount of extremist muslims out there... I think some people should ignore the news, the papers and other people who talk about Muslims as if they're a disease. I for one like them as like any other, I only dislike the Extremist Muslims, the ones that are terrorists...

Herman
26-08-2006, 12:54 PM
I've just spent the past 5 minutes laughing at the people who are affraid of people. Honestly, lighten up. Muslims are great! You only get a small amount of extremist muslims out there... I think some people should ignore the news, the papers and other people who talk about Muslims as if they're a disease. I for one like them as like any other, I only dislike the Extremist Muslims, the ones that are terrorists...
Atleast some people on this forum has some brains. +rep.

NekkLe
26-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Atleast some people on this forum has some brains. +rep.

Brains? so the people that dislike a certain ethnicity have no brains, why exactly? I'm sure you've heard that everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

Herman
26-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Brains? so the people that dislike a certain ethnicity have no brains, why exactly? I'm sure you've heard that everyone is entitled to there own opinion.
Ah yes, I didn't look at it that way, sorry. Lemme rephrase that.

Atleast some people on this forum agrees with me.

NekkLe
26-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Ah yes, I didn't look at it that way, sorry. Lemme rephrase that.

Atleast some people on this forum agrees with me.
I wasn't having a go at you just seeing if you realised what you said :)

Assassinator
26-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Pfft 60Million thats nought :P

Herman
26-08-2006, 01:10 PM
I wasn't having a go at you just seeing if you realised what you said :)
Well sometimes it's best to admit you're wrong. After all, it's just a forum. I don't come on to create arguments.

26-08-2006, 01:13 PM

So if White People sit on their Bums getting Benefits why let Millions more in?, Conservatives Under Cameron are rubbish, They just blab on about Global Warming and Africa, Thats why Michael Howard wouldve been better because he was against Gypos and he was against MASS IMMARGRATION, NHS Is already in tatters (Thanks Tony), I dont mind the Docters and NHS Muslim workers - Its the people who come here and sit on OUR Couches and when theirs a terroist attack they say "ALLAH KILL THE BRITISH PEOPLE" They are utter scum, Our Grandads and Granmas Fought in Wars and worked all their lives and all these Muslims come in and take their Pension money, Many Old people live in poverty in this country because their isnt enough money, YET we can still afford to give Billions to EU, UN and Africa and the Muslims - But we cant even afford to pay back the people who kept this country running.

NekkLe
26-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Pfft 60Million thats nought :P
It is when the island your living on isn't that big.

Well sometimes it's best to admit you're wrong. After all, it's just a forum. I don't come on to create arguments.

Neither do I but i've said nothing to offend muslims, I wouldn't. I just don't agree with some laws the goverment uses.

luke-p
26-08-2006, 01:34 PM

Totally agree they call us milky bars , Milk bottles , White trash and we don't do anything about it but the Second we call them black so and so we get arrested for racism / discrimination.

My cousin was actually Murdered my a Illegal immigrant About 6-7 years ago Yet they did not deport him they sentenced him to life in a UK Jail.

Hecktix
26-08-2006, 01:34 PM
60 Million People. I suppose a population increase is a good thing.
However the reasons for the population increase arent. xD

Herman
26-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Neither do I but i've said nothing to offend muslims, I wouldn't. I just don't agree with some laws the goverment uses.
I didn't mean you, as in you. Wasn't aiming it at ya. :D

Pizza
26-08-2006, 03:32 PM
i dont mean to be rude or anything but..
they come over here, take our houses we need and our jobs we cant get because they have them! my sister is pregnant and when the baby is born 8 people will be living in a 4 bedroom house, she, her boyfriend and the baby has to wait over a year for a house, where as people who come in from other countires get houses straight away.
fields and parks are being demolished for housing for them and stuff, i think we should be like austrailia and if they come here they have to earn their homes rather than scrounging money off the council which we give to them through tax!

beth
26-08-2006, 03:35 PM
i'm against racism right, but i think tbh the amount of racism in britain at the moment is the medias fault. when stating there is a bomb suspect or whatever they don't say there is a 'man' they say 'asian man' or 'muslim man' which makes the viewer be like, ;l ew asians bombing us blahblahblah. whereas if it was a white person it would just be 'a man'. if that made any sense rofl..
also i believe racism is a lack of understanding, so really flaming people for hating a certain race/religon isn't particularily fair.. if they were taught more about other races/religons they probably wouldn't be racist.

26-08-2006, 03:38 PM
i'm against racism right, but i think tbh the amount of racism in britain at the moment is the medias fault. when stating there is a bomb suspect or whatever they don't say there is a 'man' they say 'asian man' or 'muslim man' which makes the viewer be like, ;l ew asians bombing us blahblahblah. whereas if it was a white person it would just be 'a man'. if that made any sense rofl..
also i believe racism is a lack of understanding, so really flaming people for hating a certain race/religon isn't particularily fair.. if they were taught more about other races/religons they probably wouldn't be racist.

They say Asian Men because the Terrorists are Asian.

beth
26-08-2006, 03:41 PM

no -, sherlock. it's the first thing they say though. why does it matter if the man is asian or not. either way they're a bomb threat. why does it matter what race they are? OH AND BTW.. just to point out not every asian is 'muslim' it seems as if the term is being used to describe the asian race as a whole.

26-08-2006, 03:44 PM
no -, sherlock. it's the first thing they say though. why does it matter if the man is asian or not. either way they're a bomb threat. why does it matter what race they are? OH AND BTW.. just to point out not every asian is 'muslim' it seems as if the term is being used to describe the asian race as a whole.

Because they are Asian, and Asian is the Minority (Not for long) in this country so they say Asian - There is nothing wrong with saying asian, because if your Asian your asian.

Nemo
26-08-2006, 03:47 PM
no -, sherlock. it's the first thing they say though. why does it matter if the man is asian or not. either way they're a bomb threat. why does it matter what race they are? OH AND BTW.. just to point out not every asian is 'muslim' it seems as if the term is being used to describe the asian race as a whole.exactly im asian yet NOT muslim or any religion... kick me out then? wot u think i'll blow u up? pfft im 11!

Herman
26-08-2006, 04:07 PM
i dont mean to be rude or anything but..
they come over here, take our houses we need and our jobs we cant get because they have them! my sister is pregnant and when the baby is born 8 people will be living in a 4 bedroom house, she, her boyfriend and the baby has to wait over a year for a house, where as people who come in from other countires get houses straight away.
fields and parks are being demolished for housing for them and stuff, i think we should be like austrailia and if they come here they have to earn their homes rather than scrounging money off the council which we give to them through tax!
Er, I'm in Singapore, but. We have people from the UK who take our jobs, our houses. I don't blame them though? They just want a living.

But I believe the media should not name the race of the men. It causes conflict and racism.

Edit: And Nintendoxc0re is right. Asia's a HUGE continent; the biggest infact. Obviously not all asians are muslims.

Mit
26-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Lol why is everyone singling out muslims, muslims came and did muslims came and did that. Why not kick out all the irish, polish, africans, austrialians etc Have you bothered looking at the figures, muslims arent rats they're not gonna suddenly increase in numbers to 50million lol.

Michael Howard had something of the night about him ;)

26-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Why shouldn't the Media name what Race people are?, Thats what the West fought for years ago - FREEDOM OF SPEECH, Also I know Michael Howard had something of the Night about him :P

Found this :P

'Michael Howard' = Am "Drac", eh? I howl!

Mit
26-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Ann Widicom (sp?) ruined his credibility with that statement.

26-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Ann Widicom (sp?) ruined his credibility with that statement.

Lol I remember seeing pictures of Howard with Pointie teeth in the News papers.

http://uk.altermedia.info/images/howard.jpg

Wouldve been a good PM

Tash.
26-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I don't know if anybody realises, whilst ranting on about asians coming into 'our' country and taking jobs, but tbh this country was founded on immigrants. In the earliest of times, people came from scandanavia and invaded. Then it was people from ireland etc. So there isnt really any such thing as english people... we're all descendants from other countries.

Also, as other people said, the people that do come over atm take jobs we dont want to do, help our economy and are overall more intelligent than us. This has all come about from the medias influences, people really do believe everything they read in a paper. :rolleyes:

Demynx
26-08-2006, 06:29 PM
im an immigrant. :rolleyes:

Frodo13.
26-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Er, I'm in Singapore, but. We have people from the UK who take our jobs, our houses. I don't blame them though? They just want a living.

There not imigrants though, they are emagrants.

Imigrants smuggle there way in. Emagrants buy a VISA and are forced to have a trade before they are allowed in.

Mit
26-08-2006, 08:01 PM
A lot of the muslims have visas as well in Britain, they got them a while ago. So i guess we should call them emmigrants...

Frodo13.
26-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Alot of Muslims probably havn't themselves smuggled themselves in - More like the work of their grandparents and parents

Smiddy
26-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Pfft 60Million thats nought :PBelieve me, on a country of our scale, it is a lot.

And for the person who mentioned how birth rate has increased;
It's because all the immigrants (I'm not slating them, they're allowed to have as much right to this country as possible when you think about it); have all created offspring like the native British.

When you think about, it's kind of like the American Dream, people migrate to other countries (in that case, America) and try to start a new life in which they feel they could really help around.
When you see a Muslim/Jewish/Sikh doctor, they didn't have to come to the country and help our health needs. But they do it anyway, and they do a good job at that.

JonJonStress
26-08-2006, 10:39 PM
My school planner says 64 million and it was made last year?

Smiddy
26-08-2006, 10:40 PM
My school planner says 64 million and it was made last year?
Mine says 59.6 M

iluvben
26-08-2006, 10:46 PM
according to the Daily Mail they're all flocking to Scotland :/

RedStratocas
26-08-2006, 11:02 PM
LOL @

4.39M refuse to reveal their religion.

Wow, you guys have a lot of athiests. Only 2% of our population is Athiest.

Neversoft
27-08-2006, 01:13 AM

I agree.
There was this programme on ages ago saying that by 2030/40 or somthing there will be more imigrants here than anyone else.

Smiddy
27-08-2006, 01:27 AM
LOL @

Wow, you guys have a lot of athiests. Only 2% of our population is Athiest.
It didn't say they were athiest did it ;) it said they refused to reveal what there religion was ;)

I agree.
There was this programme on ages ago saying that by 2030/40 or somthing there will be more imigrants here than anyone else.
At the moment it's us and the USA I think anyway.. so halfway there..

But it's a shame because so many places like public schools are knocked down for new housing, then the kids who go there can't actually be educaetd..

And don't even get me started on foundations in fields + forests.. :rolleyes:

Seatherny
27-08-2006, 08:30 AM

Where do you think UK got its resources? It attacked other countries and took theirs.
Also the richest person in the UK is a Hindu and UK's richest people are asians .. so in a way they create jobs and help this country.

I don't have anything against muslims. Its a small percentage of their religion who is making them look bad. Suppose a few christains went and blew up planes and went "WE ARE DOING THIS FOR CHISTIANITY AND JESUS", I am pretty sure people wouldnt be racist against christains.
But if people do start having hatered against christains, I am pretty sure if you are a christain, you wouldnt like it.

Its easy to say OMGOSH ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS. If that was true, then well, all of them would go around with guns shooting non-muslims ... but they arent are they.
Its easy to say things, but most people don't realise what they are saying. E.g - People say "urgh, i hate my mum, i wish she died cos she didnt buy me blah blah". How would you feel if she did die?

I think you shouldnt judge people because of their religion or their race. Its not their fault a few idiots from their race/religion are idiots.

But I do agree, if people come to this country, they shouldnt be allowed to do nothing. I think they should have to work.

27-08-2006, 12:42 PM
The UK didnt attack other countries and take theirs, WE invented most Engines which run the world right now, Without the Industrial Revolution, Computers, Phones etc probley wouldnt have been invented, Sure EARLY on we wouldve invaded africa and found some better things like weapons etc.

RedStratocas
27-08-2006, 01:57 PM
It didn't say they were athiest did it ;) it said they refused to reveal what there religion was ;)

Yeah it did... right here. I waent talking about the same statistic in the last part.:

9.33M are Athetists + Agnostics (unsure).

Seatherny
27-08-2006, 03:07 PM
The UK didnt attack other countries and take theirs,

Are you telling me UK invaded so many countries and didnt take anything?

27-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Are you telling me UK invaded so many countries and didnt take anything?

Yes we took stuff, But without us invading and taking that stuff the Industrial Revolution might not have taken place therefore we might not have the Luxerys we have today.

Seatherny
27-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Yes we took stuff, But without us invading and taking that stuff the Industrial Revolution might not have taken place therefore we might not have the Luxerys we have today.

so people cant say "stop using our resources". If it wasnt for the countries UK invaded, UK wouldnt be where it is today.

27-08-2006, 07:29 PM
so people cant say "stop using our resources". If it wasnt for the countries UK invaded, UK wouldnt be where it is today.

The British Public pay their taxes and Taxes shouldnt be given away to anyone else.

Seatherny
27-08-2006, 07:52 PM
The British Public pay their taxes and Taxes shouldnt be given away to anyone else.

In my opinion, if you come to this country, you must work.

NekkLe
27-08-2006, 08:31 PM
I also forgot to mention, I saw on the news the other day that the Polish people who are living here want child benefits for their children who live back in Poland. How does that work out?

GommeInc
27-08-2006, 11:01 PM
I also forgot to mention, I saw on the news the other day that the Polish people who are living here want child benefits for their children who live back in Poland. How does that work out?
Simple, don't give it to them "/ The children should be in this country if they want anything. I don't know if I want to be living in this country when I am older... Although me and a friend might be planning to stay in South Africa, or traveling the world... So I suppose my life plans are ready...

NekkLe
28-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Simple, don't give it to them "/ The children should be in this country if they want anything. I don't know if I want to be living in this country when I am older... Although me and a friend might be planning to stay in South Africa, or traveling the world... So I suppose my life plans are ready...

I'm not sure if there getting it, i'm sure if they where receiving it it would say on the news sometime.
I'd love to stay in London when i'm older but if inflation carries on as it is and the crime keeps increasing there no way of me staying. I'd like to live in Australia or South Africa, my neighbours have a house there and they say its really good.

jackass
28-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Eww, too much sex... :o

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!