PDA

View Full Version : England squad announced for Andorra + Macedonia.

Smiddy
25-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Kirkland (Liverpool), Ben Foster (Manchester United)
Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), John Terry (Chelsea), Luke Young (Charlton Athletic), Phil Neville (Everton)
Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham Hotspur), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieran Richardson (Manchester United), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Michael Carrick (Manchester United)
Andrew Johnson (Everton), Darren Bent (Charlton Athletic), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur).

Recalls for Carrick after his injury, for Andrew Johnson after Dean Ashton's injury and for Wes Brown as Gary Neville recovers from a thigh strain.

Thoughts on the squad, predictions on the starting 11?

edible
25-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Lols sozzard.

Johnson pwns Crouch - He lanky.
Starting 11 = Anything with Johnson and P.Neville..

Everton FTWs!

Pu$$y
25-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I would like to see Richardson get a game :)

Smiddy
25-08-2006, 07:08 PM
I would like to see Richardson get a game :)
Instead of prehaps Downing this time? Agreed. :p

Lols sozzard.

Johnson pwns Crouch - He lanky.
Starting 11 = Anything with Johnson and P.Neville..

Everton FTWs!
Yet Crouch is the 1 with the 8 goals in 12 games record...
And Phil Neville has had this time, he will not get another game for England me thinks.

jordybumz!
25-08-2006, 07:09 PM
not bad squad. :]

edible
25-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Yet Crouch is the 1 with the 8 goals in 12 games record...
And Phil Neville has had this time, he will not get another game for England me thinks.
Cos he's lanky.. And also, i never seen a good goal from him which makes me say WOW! Thats was brilliant..
And AJ not been given the chance to play because of Sven and him having been a championship player.
Who scored 84 goals for Crystal Palace in his time there..

Yet Phil Neville is a good defender, but hey you think he wont get another game thats your opinion. I think he will.

Pu$$y
25-08-2006, 07:13 PM
I think Andy Johnson is average.

jordybumz!
25-08-2006, 07:14 PM
And also, i never seen a good goal from him which makes me say WOW! Thats was brilliant..

they all count ;]

Smiddy
25-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Cos he's lanky.. And also, i never seen a good goal from him which makes me say WOW! Thats was brilliant..
And AJ not been given the chance to play because of Sven and him having been a championship player.

Yet Phil Neville is a good defender, but hey you think he wont get another game thats your opinion. I think he will.
I don't expect him to score a goal which makes me go Wow, he is a striker, a majority of strikers score from inside the 18 yard box. :)

I'll give it to you, I do think AJ is a decent player. And I'm not ruling out his place, but at the moment, I prefer Crouch. :)

Phil Neville, compare him to his brother. Compare him to the other 3 defenders in most likely to make the line-up. Doesn't spring "World Class" to me. And indeed it is my opinion. I think Luke Young will get a starting place this time.

Tom H
25-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Nice squad :)

Azul
25-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Aha, a women trying to debate football, dear God.

Decent squad, Jenas picked again, ffs - why?! Johnson, I feel he has to prove himself in the Prem again. Strikers there look quite poor if i'm honest, but the midfield and defence look as strong as ever.

Mit
25-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Crouch adds something many players can't, his height. Andy johnson doesnt have that and wont be able to beat world class players atm.

Carragher could be right back, i dont like phil nevil and i hope richardson is left winger.

ScouseOrient
27-08-2006, 12:16 PM

Did you see his goal yesterday?

You need people to score for you e.g Davenport and Doyley (The player who "AJ'S" Shot bounced off and went in against watford).

Also i cant exactly see David weir scoring a Dagger-esq goal can you?

Oh well theres no point arguing until we whoop your **** in the derby.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!