PDA

View Full Version : racism :]

beth
26-08-2006, 03:43 PM
just because there is another thread almost touching on the subject i thought i'd make one.
what are you thoughts on racism and/or are you racist in any sense?
i live in birmingham, which is probably one of the most multicultural cities in britain and i have no problem with racism, although there are so many racist attacks in the city. i think if you grow up with different cultures around you, you almost just get used to everyone living together & being equal.
your opinions?

Victimized
26-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Where i live i don't see any immigrants and i like it that way.

Blood
26-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Racism is sick, Can't stand people being racist. cough Barkseh cough

beth
26-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Where i live i don't see any immigrants and i like it that way.
i like devon, rofl. pretty place.

Dentafrice1
26-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Im sorry but yes I am.. here in America its filled with them... we are the easiest country to get into so why not apply instead of jumping the border?

Victimized
26-08-2006, 03:48 PM
i like devon, rofl. pretty place.

Yup, hardly any pollution, foreigners, criminals etc.

Hecktix
26-08-2006, 03:48 PM
People are people. End of story. No matter what colour their skin is.

The thing that bugs me about racists. Is when they call a Muslim a terrorist.
That is the worst stereotype ever.

Nixt
26-08-2006, 03:50 PM
I disagree with racism totally. It does not mean however, people have to like the idea of immigrants coming into the country! I know a few people think that if you don't want immigrants coming in, then you are racist. That annoys me!

beth
26-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Yup, hardly any pollution, foreigners, criminals etc.
plus everytime i go i come back with a nice tan! hooray!
I also agree with Nixt. i dislike the country being rampacked with people from overseas.. but i do not have a problem with the people themselves. i have a problem with the government for letting so many people in. there's a difference.

Grindie
26-08-2006, 03:53 PM

I can totally see where you're coming from there, but the thing is, it really can't be helped considering most, if not all of the people that get arrested are muslim.

I have a variety of friends from different cultures, so I would say I am not a racist, but it does annoy me sometimes when you get ecomical migrants around.

sarey
26-08-2006, 03:53 PM
I hate racism.
Its just SO wrong.
It doesnt exactly matter whats on the outside, on the inside we are all the same, if someone judges someone just because of there colour, then they are just.. urgh theres not a word for them.

Victimized
26-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Same, they come to our country for refuse because their scared to live in their countries, however i do have a problem with how easy it is to get in.

Grindie
26-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Well yeah I mean some people migrate to our country and help us, doctors for example, but I really really really hate those people who come to our country and milk the benefits systems.

jordybumz!
26-08-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm not really racist, it's just some things annoy me. Like the fact there's a club at lunchtime for black people. :/

Slash
26-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Racism is sick in my opinion.
Racism is getting worse.
We're all the same bag-o-bones at the end of the day :P

Herman
26-08-2006, 04:01 PM
I hate racism. We are the human race, regardless of race or religion. No race or religion is better than another, we're all equal.

Slash
26-08-2006, 04:02 PM
I hate racism. We are the human race, regardless of race or religion. No race or religion is better than another, we're all equal.
Incredibly well said.

Grindie
26-08-2006, 04:03 PM
It's easy to say that, but racism will always exist.

Victimized
26-08-2006, 04:03 PM

But Herman if you lived in England, i think your opinion would be a little different or atleast you'd understand why it happens.

ideabox
26-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Umm... has anybody got anything else to say apart from "we are all equal" or
anything that has already been said because its been used so many times.

I come from a racist family and they always bother me about racism. I don't like racism because its time wasting and meaningless, but do consider that certain cultures such as muslim can change our English culture. For example, I think it was yesterday that a muslim was trying to put extra bank holidays in Britain for there muslim religion. Please remember that this is England and we are a christian country. I don't believe we should really let bank hoildays go on for a different religion.

I don't call people names because of there heritage. I just don't like changing our culture to theirs.

Grindie
26-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Umm... has anybody got anything else to say apart from "we are all equal" or
anything that has already been said because its been used so many times.

I come from a racist family and they always bother me about racism. I don't like racism because its time wasting and meaningless, but do consider that certain cultures such as muslim can change our English culture. For example, I think it was yesterday that a muslim was trying to put extra bank holidays in Britain for there muslim religion. Please remember that this is England and we are a christian country. I don't believe we should really let bank hoildays go on for a different religion.

I don't call people names because of there heritage. I just don't like changing our culture to theirs.

England is a changing country, a change like that is bound to happen soon.

ideabox
26-08-2006, 04:47 PM
England is a changing country, a change like that is bound to happen soon.

Yeah but I disagree with it.

Grindie
26-08-2006, 04:49 PM
So do I :)

Kardan
26-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Well, I live in Leicester, THE most multicultural city in the United Kingdom.

People are people, no matter what colour they are...

I mean, I met a polish person earlier today... they were fine... just need to touch up on there English ;)

brandon
Being honest sometimes I'd say a racist joke, but not infront of a black person. I am not really racist and I wouldn't offend any black person because of there race/skin colour.

ideabox
So do I :)
Thats good :d

Chaz
26-08-2006, 04:56 PM
"The thing that bugs me about racists. Is when they call a Muslim a terrorist.
That is the worst stereotype ever."

Who else is it? go on, who?

Grindie
26-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm sure if you picked up a history book you'd see Chaz :)

But yes, in the other thread, I think we've established that the majority of terrorists are muslim.

Herman
26-08-2006, 05:00 PM
But Herman if you lived in England, i think your opinion would be a little different or atleast you'd understand why it happens.
I guess so. But. I'm a muslim myself. I don't see why I'd find all muslims terrorists.

Chaz
26-08-2006, 05:03 PM
You don't see people running round the streets with guns? Go to there country...full of them.

And thats history, what about now? there not american there not english? Its them, half of them come into this country illigally, and use our resorces, and we end up paying most of out taxes for them to live here?

Then they have the NERVE to say "sorry, can you take that union jack down?" and march through the streets saying they want more? If they dnt like it, go home. I understand there not all like this, but we end up being over crowded by people that shoulnt be here? WE SHOULD BE TOUGHER ON THESE LAWS? Because us letting them in is what leads to attacks like this.

Don't take offense, as i totally understand there not all like this, i'm not blaming anybody, its JUST an opinion, and you all are entitled to one..

velvet
26-08-2006, 05:29 PM
You don't see people running round the streets with guns? Go to there country...full of them.

And thats history, what about now? there not american there not english? Its them, half of them come into this country illigally, and use our resorces, and we end up paying most of out taxes for them to live here?

Then they have the NERVE to say "sorry, can you take that union jack down?" and march through the streets saying they want more? If they dnt like it, go home. I understand there not all like this, but we end up being over crowded by people that shoulnt be here? WE SHOULD BE TOUGHER ON THESE LAWS? Because us letting them in is what leads to attacks like this.

Don't take offense, as i totally understand there not all like this, i'm not blaming anybody, its JUST an opinion, and you all are entitled to one..

I agree with that.
Not ALL Muslims are bad, and in a way it's the governments fault for not enforcing a law about immagration. But some of them want to change our culture, this is Britain, not Asia, we do things differently. When they come to Britain they should accept that this is the way we live in OUR country. If they'd rather have it their way, they can go and live in Asia, where a lot of people would agree with them.
I don't think i'm racist as I don't have a problem with the Asians who come over here and do their bit. In Asia they have high standards of education, hence why you see a lot of Asian Doctors and things, they come over and help Britian, yet people will still say they're terrorists and stuff. I think I remember one of those terrorist attacks, the people may have been Asian, but they were BORN in Britain, technically making they British, so it's not always immagrants.
We do have an issue with racism in Britain, but that's because a few people give a large group a bad name.

Herman
26-08-2006, 05:33 PM
The best explanation I've heard all day. +Rep.

I agree with that.
Not ALL Muslims are bad, and in a way it's the governments fault for not enforcing a law about immagration. But some of them want to change our culture, this is Britain, not Asia, we do things differently. When they come to Britain they should accept that this is the way we live in OUR country. If they'd rather have it their way, they can go and live in Asia, where a lot of people would agree with them.
I don't think i'm racist as I don't have a problem with the Asians who come over here and do their bit. In Asia they have high standards of education, hence why you see a lot of Asian Doctors and things, they come over and help Britian, yet people will still say they're terrorists and stuff. I think I remember one of those terrorist attacks, the people may have been Asian, but they were BORN in Britain, technically making they British, so it's not always immagrants.
We do have an issue with racism in Britain, but that's because a few people give a large group a bad name.

Demynx
26-08-2006, 05:53 PM
i am an immigrant. :l

-Paul
26-08-2006, 06:22 PM

Good God, pls leave you're house once in a while?

Have you got any proof that i was racist?

Jargit
26-08-2006, 06:54 PM
In my area racism isnt a major problem, but in cities not far away. I can't walk very far without being Verbally abused by someone.

I've learned to live with it, but some people cant and it can be very upsetting

Chaz
26-08-2006, 06:56 PM
i am an immigrant. :l

Illigally?:rolleyes:

Jargit
26-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm sure if you picked up a history book you'd see Chaz :)

But yes, in the other thread, I think we've established that the majority of terrorists are muslim.

Mayb alot of terroists are muslim. But u have to look at it the other way round.

also The IRA, Are you going to say to the Irish! o ur IRA ur irish! no u wouldnt... would u...

I feel that everyone is an individual, colour, race, accent, size, nothing should effect that

Swastika
26-08-2006, 07:37 PM
I suppose im a little racist, we all are, just admit it.
When people can hardly speak english and try to ask you things, that gets on my nerves, sometimes i walk away, sometimes i tell them to learn the lingo them come back.
I like black, white and yellow its just people from the middle east like pakistan i dont like.
Please dont bad rep me for my opinion.

Corq
26-08-2006, 08:24 PM
I agree with Jamies post above, everyone will be racist once in a while...

But the thing that annoys me is that if they all flee from their own countries and then start trying to make Britain more like their former country like building Mosques.

If they want to come and live over here then they should learn to live by the way that we live and not how they used to.

P.S Please don't be offended by what I just posted as its not meant to cause any offence etc

NekkLe
26-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Theres a mere line between an opinion and racism. This is what Muslims can't seem to get around when living in England. When the police raided that Mosque in Finsbury Park for that hook handed idiot, Muslims said this was inappropriate, why? if the police have knowledge they'll do what they like, you can't stop them because its offending you in some way.

I've been brought up around a multi cultural enviroment, many of my freinds are from different ethnicities, quarter of my family are African and Jamaican.

Seatherny
27-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Im sorry but yes I am.. here in America its filled with them... we are the easiest country to get into so why not apply instead of jumping the border?

In my opinion, America is the worst country in the world and well creates all the terrorism and millions of deaths. Look at iraq and afganistan. If America left other countries alone instead of trying to rob them, then maybe terrorism would go down.
The more country America attacks, the more terrorists it creates.

Everyone is human ... the only thing which is different is their skin colour.
I am pretty sure all the white people wouldnt like it if everyone who isnt white started being racist ...

savage
27-08-2006, 09:55 AM
imo racism sucks.

ideabox
27-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Who on here has been called racist names?

RedStratocas
27-08-2006, 02:04 PM

Because!:

-Theyd have to take english lessons which cost money (that they dont have) and time (which they don't have)
-Crossing the boarder legally would mean that they HAVE TO be payed at least minimum wage because the government sees their income. Therefor, they wouldnt get a job because the jobs they want to work at want illegals so they can pay them less
-They would have to pay taxes, which would take up all their income

In my opinion, America is the worst country in the world and well creates all the terrorism and millions of deaths. Look at iraq and afganistan. If America left other countries alone instead of trying to rob them, then maybe terrorism would go down.

I am pretty sure all the white people wouldnt like it if everyone who isnt white started being racist ...

The thing you are unaware of is that it isnt the people of America that called for the war in Iraq. It was the president. Citizens dont go around throwing bombs saying "Be a terrorist! Be a terrorist!". So that has nothing to do with imigrants.

stratosphere
27-08-2006, 02:23 PM

Same :)

Seatherny
27-08-2006, 03:11 PM
[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]The thing you are unaware of is that it isnt the people of America that called for the war in Iraq. It was the president. Citizens dont go around throwing bombs saying "Be a terrorist! Be a terrorist!". So that has nothing to do with imigrants.

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear, when I said "America" I was referring to its goverment.

RedStratocas
27-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Sorry, I should have made myself more clear, when I said "America" I was referring to its goverment.

Yeah, we do have some idiots in charge right now. Most of the country thinks we need someone new, 60% say the Iraq war was a big mistake etc. Once the democrats get it back in 2008, we'll be all good. Hopefully they get it back....

iluvben
27-08-2006, 03:34 PM
I can be quite racist sometimes.

jordybumz!
27-08-2006, 03:42 PM
I can be quite racist sometimes.
-remembers conversation about hindu's from a few nights ago and bursts into laughter-

iluvben
27-08-2006, 03:43 PM
-remembers conversation about hindu's from a few nights ago and bursts into laughter-

lmao wrong place to say that

Mirmana
27-08-2006, 05:03 PM
First of all, there aren't a lot of cultural differences. The food might be different, they might not speak English very well (try to learn French in France within' a few weeks, without having lessons) and maybe they only give two kisses on the cheek instead of three.
But are those the things that REALLY matter? No.
I think most people just fear the unknown. And because both sides fear it, they just try to avoid each other. That way no one will realy get to know one another and they just try to theorise on what they see from a distance.

F.e.
Say, me, a dutch girl, wants to move to Australia (which I'm planning on doing). I pack my things and plan to get a nice job there.
For some reason no one will hire me. So I have to stay at home and I'm not able to pay the rent because no one wants to hire me.
Suddenly, when I'm walking on the street, I hear someone say: "Those Dutch people are so lazy, they just stay at home and want to live of our taxes."
So is that the reason that no one hires me? Because all Dutch people are lazy? But if no one hires me, I have to stay at home and I'll prove that that position is correct.

Exactly. My best friend (from bosnia) is a muslim herself, but because she's not Turkish or w.e. people sometimes talk to her about muslims ruining the culture and stuff.

Well yeah I mean some people migrate to our country and help us, doctors for example, but I really really really hate those people who come to our country and milk the benefits systems.

I think everyone has the right to live where he/she wants. Do you live in the US? If so, you have a lot of economical fugitives there, right? Have you ever had no money, no house, no food? I would also move to a country where I have more chances in life.

I agree with that.

Exactly! There are some bad apples in every country, every culture, every religion. But if an American guy would blow up the Big Ben, would the English declare war against the US? Would they bomb New York to find a terrorist group there? Would they avoid American people because one of them might be THAT one might be a terrorist?

I suppose im a little racist, we all are, just admit it.
When people can hardly speak english and try to ask you things, that gets on my nerves, sometimes i walk away, sometimes i tell them to learn the lingo them come back.
I like black, white and yellow its just people from the middle east like pakistan i dont like.
Please dont bad rep me for my opinion.

In France I see some people who do that too. I can speak a little bit French, but I was in a restaurant and there was a guy who tried to speak English to a waitress. She didn't understand him 'cause she only spoke French and just walked away waving madly. Don't you think that's a little bit rude?

It's the majority and/or the wealthy people who are the racists most of the time...
I've seen it the other way around, though.
There are some foreign 'gangs', who don't hang with white people.
My grandparents are Indonesian, but they almost didn't leave any traces on me, I'm a ginger (only without the freckles). And there was this girl, she was 1/4 Indonesian, and I had a fight with her over something really stupid. Suddenly she started calling me a racist. I didn't know her, she didn't know me. So I said to her that she had to come with me. My granparents were at some Indosian 'party' so I took her there. She apologised and we even discovered that we were related in some way.

Lmao, sorry for the long stories.

Because!:

-Theyd have to take english lessons which cost money (that they dont have) and time (which they don't have)
-Crossing the boarder legally would mean that they HAVE TO be payed at least minimum wage because the government sees their income. Therefor, they wouldnt get a job because the jobs they want to work at want illegals so they can pay them less
-They would have to pay taxes, which would take up all their income

The thing you are unaware of is that it isnt the people of America that called for the war in Iraq. It was the president. Citizens dont go around throwing bombs saying "Be a terrorist! Be a terrorist!". So that has nothing to do with imigrants.

I really can't stand Bush.. Sorry, but the people who voted for him (AGAIN!) are .. (how can I say this politely?).. pretty unintelligent. :P

Machine Head
27-08-2006, 05:09 PM
97% of people in Latton Green (where I live) aren't religious, but I'm only racist if I'm ticked off enough.

In Dominican Republic, I learnt that the locals aren't offended by the 'N' word, because there are different shades of black people in the country.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!