View Full Version : [Bobba] Sick of FOMO!

Aeon
27-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Im so sick of FOMO, I was sat in a room a minute ago and some guy comes in avoiding the filter swearing at me (For no reason)

I called for help ... got the "you should just ignore" reply back ;L

Why aren't these people banned? They are doing wrong on a hotel where 11 year olds are aloud on, not a good site for a passing parent to see her 11 year old son being swore at and just told to press a button, why isn't the person in the wrong banned?

In other words its saying to MODS, "You click this reply everytime and just tell all habbos to ignore, you dont have to work for pay ... just sit around playing all day for your hourly rate"

Just great ... and its not going to stop either.

This means then, than anyone can do anything on the hotel really with no consequences ... there will be the odd exception (probably some "famous" habbo calling for help) where someone will get banned. But for normal habbo's, theres no hope!

DOWN WITH FOMO!

Mitch4?
27-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Fomo = Fear of mission out
and that is what becs and ione are saying we shouldnt have, Because even if you you ignore them, most of the time you don't Because you actually want to hear if they say anything about you.

So shes trying to get the point across we should do it

But wait a second, WE DON'T GET PAID? Like mods, so basically. Habbo has now become a swearing website. Wich means children will find it offesnive. And even if they ignore them, they can just reload the room. And they're not ingored!

STUPID! Down with fomo :D

Aeon
27-08-2006, 10:39 PM
VERY True about the paid bit! plus rep mitch !

Viking
27-08-2006, 11:31 PM
I totally agree, not that I play.

Rareoid
28-08-2006, 12:08 AM
FOMO... Anyone want to help me with my abbreviation?

I've got eff off for the F and O. Just need to come up with M and O.

Aeon
28-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Fear OF Missing Out - Doesn't mean much really, let me update you ...

Ione and Becs have decided to set up a new campaign where people are encouraged to ignore rather than report ...

It means mods send back messages now saying "Please ignore this person" not many bans now and mods get literally paid for doing nothing.

Your views? :P

Rareoid
28-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the information Aeon, but I already knew!

I don't want to know what FOMO means... I'm just thinking of a better abbrevation for it.

So far I've got F OFF... I just need something for the M and O.

Ione is a great person, but this campaign is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Aeon
28-08-2006, 12:14 AM
ooh sorry, misenterprited that ... Apologies ..

Hmm, its hard :P

Bono
28-08-2006, 12:20 AM
ew. i hate fomo.
i dont honestly know what to say about it.
other than i hate it so much.

Aeon
28-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Why don't they stop it? I haven't found one person (who isn't a safety or habbo X) who actually likes it!

Mitch4?
28-08-2006, 12:24 AM
What can we say, We love to get other people banned, But we hate it when we get banned.

WiseBen
28-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Yes but I'm determined to get people banned now, I was banned for flooding in my own locked room??? Yet I'm told to ignore the person who floods my room... If they really want us to not report them, why don't they give us the :Shutup power, where we can mute people in our own rooms, like Moderators can do.

brandon
28-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Someone avoided the filter, I cfhed with the excuse I can't ignore them because there the owner!! and they didn't reply ;/

Pyroka
28-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Lets face it, theyre employing more moderators throughout the globe only to make so they abide with a campaign about ignoring people. Its more or less taken away the Moderators job. :S Its like theyre trying to make the moderators unemployed! :rolleyes:

Zuar
28-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Wouldn't Just Be Easier To Bring Back Hobbas But You Have To Have The Folloing -

1. 1 Year Of Playing Habbo
2. No Bans What So Ever !
3. Be Trusted !

Etc.

And Just Get Rid Of Mods :p

That Way Sulake Make More Money :D

And Will Be Better For Us Becuase I Can Apply :Sign10:

Say What You Think

Ashhizzle
29-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Hmph.. pettition? :)

Aeon
29-08-2006, 09:47 PM
We should get a list of names against the FOMO campaign and send it to Becs ...

Nemesis
29-08-2006, 09:54 PM

AGREED

Slash
29-08-2006, 09:59 PM
MOD's dont really do much now.
I report someone, for scamming my friend, and they reply "well he took his own risk there"
and he got off scot-free.
and I report someone for avoiding the filter, and flooding.
they give out the old "Ignore and make that offensive chat disappear! bwahahah" -.-'

Aeon
29-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Right, petition it is then :D

MUST GET COLLECTING NAMES ... Anyone who replies to this thread is in then k?

And you give me right to put your name on the petition from now on :D

Slash
29-08-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm in (:

Nemesis
29-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Im in, AdamCookie! fnx...

Ya you have my permission!

GommeInc
29-08-2006, 10:33 PM
My view on this whole idea is:

Scrap the Moderator program like they did with the Hobba program. Hobba's became useless without house keeping and commands, and now Moderators are going that way now too. Although in this situation, they no longer have a job to do because the CFH has become an Auto Reply, much like the old Email System.

I can see Habbo going down hill because of this, parents sending in complaints about their children being sworn at and other stupid remarks like some Habbo idiots give. Just let the hotel destroy itself, sit back and relax...

Right, petition it is then :D

MUST GET COLLECTING NAMES ... Anyone who replies to this thread is in then k?

And you give me right to put your name on the petition from now on :D
I'm not in, Petitions don't do anything. Most the comments are laughed at and the petition will more than likely be ignored.

Pyroka
29-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Habbo name: Pyroka.
Im in for this. :)

Aeon
29-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Gomme, some are ignored, But its worth a try?

Porosity
29-08-2006, 11:23 PM
I agree with the people who think this campaigne is stupid, mods are getting paid to do nothing? they started this because they wanted to make their jobs alot less harder, Which turns to the fact that we actually have to ignore people now, instead of report them, but theres still a swearing child! So I can see how habbo might go downhill because of this...

Drewar
29-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Wouldn't Just Be Easier To Bring Back Hobbas But You Have To Have The Folloing -

1. 1 Year Of Playing Habbo
2. No Bans What So Ever !
3. Be Trusted !

Etc.

And Just Get Rid Of Mods :p

That Way Sulake Make More Money :D

And Will Be Better For Us Becuase I Can Apply :Sign10:

Say What You Think

No offence, but I think that if they do bring back the Hobba system, they would want applicants who are aged over 18 and applicants who do not abuse the shift key.

Now, I am unsure of your age, however, I am guessing you aren't 18, and I know you abuse your shift key.

Hmph.. pettition? :)

Sorry, but for some reason, I don't think that they will respond to your petition if you got a signature from over 5000 Habbo's.. after all, they aren't responding to your CFH's .. right? So what makes you think they will respond to your petition?

MOD's dont really do much now.
I report someone, for scamming my friend, and they reply "well he took his own risk there"
and he got off scot-free.
and I report someone for avoiding the filter, and flooding.
they give out the old "Ignore and make that offensive chat disappear! bwahahah" -.-'

It's true! Once that you click the "Accept" button in a trade (and if the other person is offering nothing, you even get a Scam Alert popup), or drop furniture in somebody else's room, it is THEIR furniture, and they are under no obligation to return it to the user.

I agree with the people who think this campaigne is stupid, mods are getting paid to do nothing? they started this because they wanted to make their jobs alot less harder, Which turns to the fact that we actually have to ignore people now, instead of report them, but theres still a swearing child! So I can see how habbo might go downhill because of this...

Mods are paid to do more than nothing, they are paid to do lots. However, there's a word many people need to learn : Priorities, priorities, priorities!

If there is paedo on the Hotel, or a threat that Habbo will be hacked, that is a much bigger priority than if somebody is cursing at you when you have the ignore button.

In any case, my opinion is : Win the war, use ignore!

It's a perfectly good tool. If you don't like being cursed at USE IGNORE! YOU WON'T SEE WHAT THEY ARE SAYING! And for those people who said "but many people want to see what they are saying about the person", well then, take them off ignore and be nosy.. but don't take offense to them swearing at you if you are nosy ;)

Phew, this took me a long time to type up :p

</end rant>

Kingzy
31-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Hmm, Yep. I'm in.

But they'll probably read the first couple words and reply with; "USE IGNORE"

The FOMO Campaign Sucks big time.

Thanks!

--Kingzy

Barmi
31-08-2006, 07:08 AM
In any case, my opinion is : Win the war, use ignore!

It's a perfectly good tool. If you don't like being cursed at USE IGNORE! YOU WON'T SEE WHAT THEY ARE SAYING! And for those people who said "but many people want to see what they are saying about the person", well then, take them off ignore and be nosy.. but don't take offense to them swearing at you if you are nosy
The problem is that swearing and avoiding the filter is against the Habbo Way anyway, thus the offender should be banned (unless the Habbo Way is going to be revised :rolleyes:). Why has it suddenly become the responsibility of everyone else to "Ignore" someone swearing or flooding? All 24 people in the room have to press Ignore just because the MOD on duty can't be bothered to issue a ban? Lost_Witness issued a ban when a winner of the BOD swore..

Good point was posted by Sid - what if the room owner is swearing? You can hardly ignore them. The next reply will be "Ignore or leave the room", but why should a victim to swearing/offensive behaviour have to suffer by leaving a room that they have every right to be in, just as much as anyone else?

Besides, the Moderators clearly aren't doing their job properly even with this "click and forget" idea they've been given. Click Ignore on a room blocker? It's absurd! If they actually read the CFHs properly, why would they send the same automated reply? Another thing I have noticed: scripting rooms. Quite a lot of them getting high on the navigator, with lots of people who would jump to the chance of reporting them. Now, explain how these rooms remain open for hours upon hours when people are in there spamming "AMAGADZ IZ CALLED A MOD!!"?

The Ignore Campaign is a total shambles, and is (dare I say it?) the worst campaign Sulake have tried to issue. I wanted to give it a chance, but I find it to be too inconsistent, and on the whole very hypocritical. Habbo are working by double standards at the moment, and does not set a very good example for a "prospective customer". Not to mention; I can't imagine parents of young children being very happy. If a Habbo signs up in the knowledge that rule breakers will be dealt with, and then the parent finds out they won't be, it ain't too good.

The arguments put up defending this campaign (IMO) have been very weak. The problem with Habbo is there is very little communication between the staff and the Habbos, especially on matters like this. I know for certain that on a game I play (Guild Wars), the Public/Customer Relations staff regularly post on official forums - to take note of suggestions, to pick up opinions, and to shed light on things that people are generally critical of, such as this.

Habbo is without a doubt rolling down a steady hill, and it's just been given another speed boost. It will take some serious convincing to win me over into this campaign, and so far I don't see anyone convinced apart from Habbo X, Safety X, MODs, Staff, and a capful of people. I agree with Gomme - a petition is not going to get us anywhere. However, check Evolution's thread in Anything About Habbo (or click in my sig). If you are desperate to grab staff attention on a topic like this, there's a good place to start. You can hardly miss a lot of forum users with the same image in their sig...

*Cough* Before long, it will be advertised as a "self/user moderated chat environment".

Nemo
31-08-2006, 08:17 AM
even lost_witness is against it..... =l he banned that..... ermmm u no nicci girl wen she swore..... Why didnt he use ignore?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!