PDA

View Full Version : Mods Scam!

Shanker
30-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Today I saw a Mod selling Bad Wine, so I went and asked him how much?, He goes 250k!, I was like OmgZ you scammer and I couldn't even report him :(, because hes a mod!

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9734/yaypw5.png (http://imageshack.us)

Edited by ---MAD--- (forum moderator): Thread closed as requested :).

JonJonStress
30-08-2006, 12:40 AM
What is bad wine? And that isn't a scam. You recieve an item for a price you pay, explain how that's a scam?

Blood
30-08-2006, 12:41 AM
It's not a scam, it's just the price they're wanting to sell it for.

Shanker
30-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Yeh so i can go and sell tinderboxes for 2mill?

JonJonStress
30-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Yeh so i can go and sell tinderboxes for 2mill?

If you want, just no one will buy them.

Shanker
30-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Kwl, am gonna do unfermeted wine and charcoal and zammy wine, close this thread please

ShadowSam19
30-08-2006, 03:48 AM
You can sell any item for what ever price you want. When is gets illegal, though, is when you lie about the items value or rarity. If you shouted that you were selling a "rare charcoal" that is a scam, since it is an easily attainable item. As long as you don't purposely lie or mislead others, you can set your own price, just don't expect others to always pay it.

Calum
30-08-2006, 10:04 AM
You can sell any item for what ever price you want. When is gets illegal, though, is when you lie about the items value or rarity. If you shouted that you were selling a "rare charcoal" that is a scam, since it is an easily attainable item. As long as you don't purposely lie or mislead others, you can set your own price, just don't expect others to always pay it.

Amen ^

Been
30-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Mod Ash
Jagex Mod

01-Sep-2004 19:06:53
Last edited on 19-Jul-2005 14:39:21 by Mod Hitesh
The following items are often sold as "rare" or valuable, yet are not really rare. Please do not fall for these common scams!

4-dose potions
Although potion vials only contain 3 doses when you make them by herblore, you can combine two 3-dose vials to make a 4-dose vial and a 2-dose vial.

Charcoal
Not a common item, but you can buy it from a shop on Karamja. Also available in the wilderness...

Machette
Not a common item, but you can get a free one from the Legends' Guild or buy one from a shop on Karamja.

Crushed gemstone
When you try to cut the semi-precious gems from the gem rocks in Shilo Village, you may fail and get crushed gemstone instead. This is worthless.

Spinach roll
You can get these from moss giants/ Mysterious old man and the Dragonstone chest in Taverly. It has no effect on your combat stats apart from healing a little health.

Elemental shields
You must do the Elemental Workshop quest to wield one of these, and once you've done the quest you can make your own. They fetch a few gp in a general store.

Paramaya Inn ticket
These are sold in the Shilo Village. They allow you to access the bedroom of the Paramaya Inn, where you can sleep. Actually, now there's no more fatigue, you can't sleep - they're completely useless. And they're certainly not rare.

Gnome ball
You can get these by going to the Gnomeball pitch in the Gnome Stronghold and scoring 5 goals.
EDIT
Big thanks to the player who told me they're tradable.

Pete's candlestick
When you are doing the Heros' Quest you will get one of these. If you do not get it by doing the quest properly you will not be able to use it to complete the quest, so there is little point in buying one.

Toy horses
There's a smelly salesman who sells these in Draynor Village. They were added on April Fools' Day 2004.

Unfermented wine
When you make wine it first becomes unfermented wine for a few seconds before becoming wine. There is absolutely no point in buying this.

Bad wine
If you have a low cooking level you will get plenty of this when you try to make wine.

Shantay Disclaimer
In RS-Classic people would try to sell these for huge prices. They are actually given freely to anyone who tries to go through the Shantay Pass.

Half-pizzas
ALL types of pizza are eaten in two bites, so you can make your own half-pizza with a click of the mouse.

Hollow Reed
Use a machete with certain reeds in the game to get a hollow reed.

Colored gloves
You can buy these for a few hundred gp from the werewolf village (Canifis) once you've done the Priest in Peril quest.

---MAD---
30-08-2006, 10:13 AM
I don't think its scamming, you can sell whatever for whatever as long as people agree, they will trade you :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!