PDA

View Full Version : My 1st real attempt at a Habbo layout

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey guys,

I have created a few Habbo layouts before and sold for a couple of pounds / HCs but this time I wanted to go bigger. I posted a draft copy on other forums and they told me how to improve it so here is the "2nd draft" if you like.

Can I have some C&C please and if you are going to be negetive, then give me some ways of how to improve it instead of posting "it's ugly" or "I don't like it".

http://www.****************/uploads/a578bbab15.gif

Thanks a bunch :),

Adam.

Wizzdom
30-08-2006, 10:23 AM
I dont like the layout much as its very different, a bit messy. (i dont like different :P), the buttons are great! I love them

But its fantastic for a first :)

+rep

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 10:25 AM
So what can I do to improve it further? Keep the buttons obviously :)

Hitman
30-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Hey, I like the nav buttons, but I don't like the colours used. They don't match too well. Also, everything is jumbled up, which is messy. And now I'm really being mean (:(), but some of the boxes aren't spaced out evenly and theres a pixel error on one.

But it is good for a first habbo layout! Get lots of criticism, that way you can do even better in your next! :)

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks,

I will get to work on re-spacing the boxes now and any help on some decent colours would be appreciated. Also, where's the pixel error :p.

Liberation
30-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Hey Thtere.

Nice try for your first. I would say don't include so many images next time as that im my eyes spoils it abit.And also maybe try and include a pattern or something on those lines as a backround instead of one solid colour as you have.
But its a nice try for your first. +Rep.

-Xperience
30-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Maybe a light blue, medium grey and some toned orange? I like them colours dunno if you will! :P Good layout work on the things suggested then it should be very good! :D

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Maybe a light blue, medium grey and some toned orange? I like them colours dunno if you will! :P Good layout work on the things suggested then it should be very good! :D

Would that work for a Habbo layout?

I will add the background pattern now, might see what the actual Habbo BG looks like with it, or may include some screenies of public rooms etc.. I will post an update once done :).

-Xperience
30-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Look at the habbo homepages. Just yellow/orange content boxes, and if you add a blue background with scanlines or something it would match.

---MAD---
30-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Buttons are nice however I think you are making pictures more important than the layout itself.

Move the pc guy or w/e out and make one of the boxes longer or so.

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Ok here's an update with a new bg and better spacing.

http://www.****************/uploads/f70d2cbd1a.png

See what you think of that and if it is still negetive, I will update it to include MAD and -Xperience's views :)

Ree...
30-08-2006, 11:05 AM
its really good but i think the ADZEH evrywhere ruins it coz ppl wont wana go on a site with riting evrywer :/

but if u take that away its good

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 11:06 AM
its really good but i think the ADZEH evrywhere ruins it coz ppl wont wana go on a site with riting evrywer :/

but if u take that away its good

Are you for real? That's a watermark to stop people from stealing (ripping) the layout. A buyer would recieve a copy without the writing lol.

Ree...
30-08-2006, 11:10 AM
oh rofl i fort they were see-through-ish tho so u cood see behind it
but YERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR its good x

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 11:12 AM

Lol I would do well to sell somebody a website who wanted my Habbo name plasted all over it :p.

ClubTime
30-08-2006, 11:16 AM
didnt you post this on thinkhabbos forum? i posted my comments on there.

Hitman
30-08-2006, 11:17 AM
The pixel error is on the Radio stats box, right at the top, its white.

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 11:17 AM
I posted an older version to get feedback while HxF was down :). Any comments on the latest update (a few posts above)?

ADAM:
30-08-2006, 11:23 AM
To me this is what i think.

You have gone of habbohotel's website and copyed all the content boxes then added abit to the bottom. Then you have got the nav buttons and change the colour.

Sorry i really dont like it because so many websites look like that, plus dont do a water mark only idiot's rip peoples works :)

Change the style of the content boxes
It all looks out of place try and make it more tidy
change the font
remove the habbo pictures out side the boxes

Atleast you didnt make it super small like most people but the main content is still abit small.

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 11:28 AM
To me this is what i think.

You have gone of habbohotel's website and copyed all the content boxes then added abit to the bottom. Then you have got the nav buttons and change the colour.

Sorry i really dont like it because so many websites look like that, plus dont do a water mark only idiot's rip peoples works :)

Change the style of the content boxes
It all looks out of place try and make it more tidy
change the font
remove the habbo pictures out side the boxes

Atleast you didnt make it super small like most people but the main content is still abit small.

Are you talking about the first one I posted, or the update which cna be found here (http://www.****************/uploads/f70d2cbd1a.png)?

So you want me to :

Increase size of content
get rid of all Habbo images that are not in the frames
re-jig the order of the frames
change the font style (give an example of which)

Also, how do you propose I make it more tidy?

Wizzdom
30-08-2006, 11:42 AM
He is very hard to please Adzeh :P

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 11:44 AM
lol ok well I'll take his comments into account anyway.

I might have to make a new thread about the latest update of this layout as people (including me) are getting confused :p.

mrcone
30-08-2006, 12:51 PM
erm

looks like the habbo homepage :D

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Lmao very enlightening comment, is it good/bad? If bad, why?

Porosity
30-08-2006, 05:32 PM
you should move the disclaimer all the way to the left, then put the picture of the habbo sitting on a chair next to the computer on the right were the disclaimer used to be, then drag the "DJ Says" to the left next to competitions, then move "radio stats" and "navigator" down along with the picture of the 2 computers, and then make the updates a little longer :D

that might look better, but as It is now I rate 8.5/10

alexxxxx
30-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Change the background to something like a blue and the images of the habbos , it'll look great then!

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 05:55 PM
you should move the disclaimer all the way to the left, then put the picture of the habbo sitting on a chair next to the computer on the right were the disclaimer used to be, then drag the "DJ Says" to the left next to competitions, then move "radio stats" and "navigator" down along with the picture of the 2 computers, and then make the updates a little longer :D

I will edit it and post an update later, sounds pretty good though :).

Per
30-08-2006, 06:03 PM
I think its hot ^^
Good job.

And by the way are you deadman :S

Hecktix
30-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Me Likes It. I like simple stuff and that is sure simple, Love the buttons.

Adzeh
30-08-2006, 07:51 PM

Ok here you go, yet another update to this guys specs :). Looks marginally better I'd say.

http://www.****************/uploads/1b40ea755b.png

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!