PDA

View Full Version : Worth Getting A PSP

MBond
30-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Hey, I been thinking of Getting a PSP, but Im not sure if it worth it, the only main reason I want one is becuase of the games Midnightclub, GTA: Vice City Stories and Gangs of London, so i was wondering what the other advantages are of having one

!.!.CaR.!.!
30-08-2006, 12:53 PM
ITS NOT WORTH IT MAET GAT A DS SO U CAN PLAY POK3MON!!!111!11 WDF LOL

Porosity
30-08-2006, 01:09 PM
I dont think Its worth It, My brother bought one and he got bored of It quite soon, the graphics are awesome, thats one advantage, but I think people get bored of It fast...

ReInfected
30-08-2006, 01:11 PM
ITS NOT WORTH IT MAET GAT A DS SO U CAN PLAY POK3MON!!!111!11 WDF LOL

Lmao!!!

Yes its definatly worth it. Also PSP will be coming out with more games that you might like. And if u want to get technical, buy a memory stick and u can download videos and music onto the psp. I just bought a router last night to go online with my psp. Its so cooL! I also love the games. METAL GEAR AC!D

Nemo
30-08-2006, 01:57 PM
na dont, get a ds - new variety of games and stuff - psp i got all the features of it, includin a ps2 coz all the games that come out on psp eventually come out on ps2 so to me theres no point.... but its up 2 u ;)

HUGECOOL
30-08-2006, 02:03 PM
The PSP is best used for sit-down plays. Even though its a handheld gaming device, the majority of the games on the PSP aren't very on-the-go-friendly. Usually people buy handheld gaming systems to play game at times when they're mobile, but there are those people who enjoy the PSP which offers a watered-down version of a console game.

:Hazel
30-08-2006, 02:04 PM
I was going to get one because I travel quite a bit, I haven't got round to it yet though. How much do they cost now?

ReInfected
30-08-2006, 02:09 PM
here in the US its 250$ for the Value pack and 200$ for origional PSP

alexxxxx
30-08-2006, 02:38 PM
It's seriously worth it... Really, if you use all the features, it's worth every penny. If you won't use all the features, don't bother.

Josh-H
30-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Mine is on ebay after 8 months

I would not reccomends at all

Bear-Max
30-08-2006, 04:59 PM
If you've got a PS2, I'd say don't bother. If you don't have a PS2, you should get a PS2. The PSP is, in my opinion, a very pointless piece of hardware. It's not a true handheld in the sense that it's actually viable to play on the go, and almost all the games are cheap ports of their PS2 equivalent.

-Eliminate
30-08-2006, 05:20 PM
i have a ds, very good

best game is mario kart ds

Get the pokemon pearl or diamond

Nemo
30-08-2006, 05:31 PM
i have a ds, very good

best game is mario kart ds

Get the pokemon pearl or diamond
ye that is the best game on it, then super mario bros. then maybe animal crossinh :P

alexxxxx
30-08-2006, 07:13 PM
There does seem to be a large amount of people against the PSP. I use it for music and the internet than games. The ability for wireless internet sold it to me.

NekkLe
30-08-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm bored of mine atm, but its still a good bit of kit to have if your bored. The Gangs of London game looks good, definitly gonna get that.

N!ck
30-08-2006, 09:56 PM
I got bored of the games quickly, superp device for multimedia though, if you have a large memory stick (I have 2GB) as it has a fairly high resolutionscreen that is like a computer monitor, and is good for vatching videos/looking at photographs on and it can act as an mp3 player if needed (though it's not the best for that). Also it is good for quickly browsing the internet if you have a wireless router, or if your out and about and there is an access point nearby.

:James:
30-08-2006, 10:03 PM
I have a psp and don't think it's anything special, I would get a ds if I had the money again :)

!.!.CaR.!.!
30-08-2006, 10:06 PM
I WUD G3T A DS BUT ON DA PSP DA GRAPHIS R BT3R U CAN PLAY MUSIC PLAY FILMS LOK AT PICTUR3S AND STUF

FREWIN
30-08-2006, 11:57 PM
ok DONT get a DS!
psp has so much more to offa,its smaller and lighter with a bigga screen.

Feature PSP DS
Mp3 Y N
Photo Y N
Video Y N
Wifi Y Y
Internet Y N
Touch scrn N Y
RSS feeds Y N
Memory More Less
Homebrew Y N

also DS has baby games, all cartoony. cos if they made a realistic game it wud suck cos of bad DS graphics!

Billay
31-08-2006, 12:58 AM
I love my psp. honestly im done with my games but It took me about 7 months just to get tired of Battlefront 2 and now it's only $19.99 (greatest hits) I also use it as my main MP3 device and i got a lot of family guy videos on it. i keep some photos and i always go on the internet. and a bit of a tip. It's totally worth spending more on the Gigapack. It comes with a 1 GB memory card.

HUGECOOL
31-08-2006, 04:28 AM
ok DONT get a DS!
psp has so much more to offa,its smaller and lighter with a bigga screen.

Feature PSP DS
Mp3 Y N
Photo Y N
Video Y N
Wifi Y Y
Internet Y N
Touch scrn N Y
RSS feeds Y N
Memory More Less
Homebrew Y N

also DS has baby games, all cartoony. cos if they made a realistic game it wud suck cos of bad DS graphics!
I don't want this thread to turn to a silly handheld war, but I'm bored and have plenty of time. x]

First off, size:

- DS Lite: 133.0 mm (L) x 73.9 mm (W) x 21.5 mm (H).
- PSP: PSP Dimensions: 170 mm (L) x 74 mm (W) x 23 mm (H).

Next, screen:

- DS Lite: New screens are brighter than the PSP's and are visable in sunlight. Less colors than the PSP.
- PSP: Beautiful screen with about 16M colors. Great for picture watching. Not so great for movie watching. I generally dislike watching videos on handheld devices. Not visable, or little visibility, in sunlight.

Multimedia:

- DS Lite: No 'Out-of-Box' multimedia features. Third-party hardware for playing multimedia is available for the Nintendo DS and the price after buying it is still cheaper than a single PSP.
- PSP: Includes many multimedia features out of the box. Better memory device required (sold separately) for storing extra multimedia.

Online:

- DS Lite: The Nintendo WiFi system has already more than 2 Million unique users playing games online. Currently, there is no browser for the DS Lite, but Opera is releasing the browser for the DS Lite in late September.
- PSP: Inferior online gaming due to less games available for online gaming. Features a built-in browser and RSS reader.

Games:

- DS Lite: Features more exclusive titles with better features. Touch- Screen gaming is very fun. Most games are not graphically impressive but you won't care about how it looks when you're having fun playing.

(Your claim- DS has baby games. Seriously, have you even played a DS game? Or do you just look at the graphics and decide if its good or not that way? I'm sure I'm not the only person who's played 'E-rated' games and had fun with them. I hope you realise that you're in the minority when you claim DS games aren't fun, because the rest of the world thinks otherwise.)
- PSP: Overall good game graphics. Gameplay is pretty weak on most games. Lumines is good for the PSP.

Homebrew:

- DS Lite: Yes. Who said there wasn't any? "/
- PSP: Yes.

Recursion
31-08-2006, 07:39 AM
My mate has a DS and i have a PSP . I always have more fun on my PSP than his DS tbh. DS is ALOT more babyish. PSP has all the games for older kids like 12+ ;)

HUGECOOL
31-08-2006, 12:54 PM
PSP has all the games for older kids like 12+ ;)
Says who?

http://www.megalong.com/games/ig/9160.jpg

Loco Roco looks anything but mature, however, it's fun. I could easily say that this game is 'babyish' just simply by looking at the box art, but I'd be in the wrong because it isn't true.

Billay
31-08-2006, 10:58 PM
w.e im about to leave soon and i just wanna get this outta the way. mind.in.a.box stop sticking up for the ds. it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GRAPHICS ARE LAME AND WHO CARES IF THERE ARENT GOOD GAMES ON THE PSP. THERES ACTUALLY ABOUT 9 OR SO GOOD ONES IN MY OPINOIN.

SO STOP BEING SO ARGUMENTIVE AND FULL OF YOU SUPIRIORITY AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THE DS IS THE ULTIMATE SUCKMACHINE

HUGECOOL
31-08-2006, 11:52 PM
w.e im about to leave soon and i just wanna get this outta the way. mind.in.a.box stop sticking up for the ds. it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GRAPHICS ARE LAME AND WHO CARES IF THERE ARENT GOOD GAMES ON THE PSP. THERES ACTUALLY ABOUT 9 OR SO GOOD ONES IN MY OPINOIN.

SO STOP BEING SO ARGUMENTIVE AND FULL OF YOU SUPIRIORITY AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THE DS IS THE ULTIMATE SUCKMACHINE
lol

Feeling insecure that you're in the minority that actually enjoys the PSP?

I'm fully aware the graphics of the DS aren't up to par with those of the PSP.

Who cares if there aren't any good games on the PSP, you say? XD
Well, assuming you bought a GAMING handheld to play GAMES on, it would be pretty stupid of you NOT to care if there were good games or not, don't you think? I mean, apart from multimedia functionality, I'm guessing most PSP owners bought the device to play games on primarily, not as an after-thought.

I'm not being argumentative, I'm simply explaining people's errors when they make certain claims about a system. You may not like what you hear because you're a PSP owner, but what I'm doing is simply stating facts- documented by many- that I've researched in my spare time. I am not making things up when I say games on the DS are better- they just are. People recognize the PSP for what it was- overhyped, overpriced, with a lackluster gaming library.

Futhermore, I'm not acting superior in any way. I just simply have certain knowledge that others here seem to lack, so I fill in the gaps where needed.

Finally, I would like to point out that if the DS was a 'suckmachine' as you put it, how do you explain it selling better then the PSP, the multimedia powerhouse?

N!ck
01-09-2006, 04:04 PM
The ds is certainly not a suckmachine, but as i have already said i prefer the psp. Playing in sunlight can be a problem, but i manage it. The screen on the psp, literally is like a TFT computer monitor!!! I must admit, the games are more fun on the DS, but there are a few good titles out there for the PSP. In no way are some of the games for the DS babyish, just because they heve 'dodgy' graphics. The PSP is worth it for the multimedia functionability (photos, music, videos, films, internet, RSS feed reader and watching TV on, if you can afford that overpriced sony location free player). For the younger users i would recommend the DS (in no way is it babyish though) and older people (teens) i recommend the PSP. If you get a PSP it is best to go for a large memory stick (I have a 2GB Sony memory stick which i got for less than a quarter of the price in the shops at the time on ebay).

Bear-Max
01-09-2006, 04:16 PM

Don't you find it funny that the DS is the console that gets branded as 'kiddy', yet the people who are supporting the big mature PSP are the ones acting like babies. A lot of people prefer the DS to the PSP, so get over it. Don't throw your rattle out of the pram.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!