PDA

View Full Version : Electric Guitars

AngJum
18-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Sorry if someone else has posted a huge thread about Electric guitars, and asking who has one. I was wondering if any of you guys play a guitar and what inspired you, if you do have one, are they hard to play? And, how much did you pay for it? I love this guitar, I fell in love with it when I saw it

Dave,
18-02-2005, 10:21 PM
I don't have a guitar, I want to learn how to play the drums or a guitar but in music in school I never mastered the notes so I would be pretty useless I think. I would like a guitar like the one the guy has in the Muse video Hysteria, the silver one with a blueish shine to it.

Simonac55
18-02-2005, 10:29 PM
I play electric guitar and what really inspired me is my godfather playing it. And when he died, I saw how much he was important for me so I started playing it.

lil:quizical:quigly
19-02-2005, 07:45 AM
I have one it kinda looks like yours but mines black, do you guys know any sites where I can post my songs and stuff? Thanks.

AngJum
19-02-2005, 01:20 PM
oo wow, I want to play the drums and electric guitar aswell.. hehe xD and nope, don't know any sites Lil sorry

Dave,
19-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Lol I am gonna give it a go sometime in the future lol.

19-02-2005, 05:18 PM
oo wow, I want to play the drums and electric guitar aswell.. hehe xD and nope, don't know any sites Lil sorry

Is it by any chance a fender strat?

.mcgovlau.
19-02-2005, 08:28 PM
I have a bass guitar and an acoustic guitar, im inspired by my best friend Matt and my ex Ian, they are so good at playing, heh now i am too ;D (not meaning to sound hot headed) guitars are hard to play at first and you get blood blisters whic are terrible, but they go away. i paid $200 for my bass (it was a package deal) and $80 for my acoustic

ttranquility.
19-02-2005, 08:30 PM
OMG. I LOVE IT. lol :p i have a base,electric and acustic :) I love gee-tars lmao :D Base is the easiest for me.. Becusae it only has 4 strings. And the electric you need too have calisis. And it hurts when they pop :p

ttranquility.
19-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Is it by any chance a fender strat?

No its not. you can tell by the strings. :)

AngJum
19-02-2005, 08:34 PM
OoO wow Laura ^_^ I don't want blisters :o And I don't want it to be hard :( I'm not gonna be able to do it ah well I'll try anyway, and I have no idea what kind it is :s It's pink and I luff it

properclone
19-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Har har, Ang. I know somebody with that exact guitar :D!

Janumz
19-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Rofl Proper, you should nick it and send it her in the post ;) ROFL!

Hm.. I've had about 3 lessons on guitar, but gave up :(
I just cant play it

scottish
19-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Ive Played both Gautar And Drums i like them ive got acoustic but

AngJum
19-02-2005, 09:30 PM
:o Coooool Proper, can you send me it - like Jane said? xD

20-02-2005, 03:01 AM
No its not. you can tell by the strings. :)

What does the strings have to do with it? It looks exactly like a fender strat.

gregzilla
20-02-2005, 03:04 AM
are you a girl or are you gay?
sorry... anyway i have a guitar but not an electric and they're hard to play!
it hurts my fingers!
my mate has a bass guitar or something and it only has four strings i think.
he says its easy to play

AngJum
20-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Oh my..

I'm a girl! Ang - Angela, ring any bells? I'm not a man who is gay.

Anti-Frizz
20-02-2005, 11:16 AM
I would LOVE to play the drums and electric guitar...Nothing has really inspired me to want to learn how to play these instruments, I just like the way they should when they're played. Sounds weird but oh well :D

Dave,
20-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Lol thats the same with me.

AngJum
20-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Hehe me too Anti! xD I saw these drums in a shop for £250, that's pretty good and they look fab! The guitar I saw was only £70 :o :o That's well good, and it was a Fender

ramjet
20-02-2005, 12:56 PM
i play electric guitar ive gt a black peavy strat but im saving 4 a gibson SG but the 1000squid - i cn still dream tho :'(

my m8 plays bass and my bro plays drums

Anti-Frizz
20-02-2005, 01:46 PM
I would loveeeeeee a bright pink guitar... Just like the pic on this thread. That would just be like, the coolest thing ever! Lmao. Wonder if you can get pink drums.... Probably :)

AngJum
20-02-2005, 02:23 PM
oo cool Ramjet :)
Yeah Anti I like so agree with you! xD Pink drums and a pink guitar.. and I'd have them in my room, which would be pink with everything pink around it :eusa_droo

20-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Hehe me too Anti! xD I saw these drums in a shop for £250, that's pretty good and they look fab! The guitar I saw was only £70 :o :o That's well good, and it was a Fender

If it was a fender I recomend you buying it for that price.

AngJum
21-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I saw some Fenders on the internet some were £200+ So £70 is brill

RedStratocas
22-02-2005, 03:32 AM
Yeh I have a guitar. You can tell by my name :) My insperation was the oldies like queen, nirvana led zepillen and bands that could ACTUALLY play guitar. If you love music as much as I do, you will be dedicated to get better. If you do get one, NEVER give up on it. They are very expencive. Lets just say you could buy a lot of credits with that much money. Lol. Also, get lessons for at least a year and a half. Ive been playing a few years and I still go to lessons. I figure that you can only get better :)

PS. My guitar is a mexican Stratocaster, which may make it sound cheaper (Lol) but it is MUCH MUCH more expencive. Also, if you get a fender guitar, unless it comes with it, dont get a fender amp. They dont go good with their own guitars for some reason

22-02-2005, 03:48 AM
Yeh I have a guitar. You can tell by my name :) My insperation was the oldies like queen, nirvana led zepillen and bands that could ACTUALLY play guitar. If you love music as much as I do, you will be dedicated to get better. If you do get one, NEVER give up on it. They are very expencive. Lets just say you could buy a lot of credits with that much money. Lol. Also, get lessons for at least a year and a half. Ive been playing a few years and I still go to lessons. I figure that you can only get better :)

PS. My guitar is a mexican Stratocaster, which may make it sound cheaper (Lol) but it is MUCH MUCH more expencive. Also, if you get a fender guitar, unless it comes with it, dont get a fender amp. They dont go good with their own guitars for some reason

Theres this guitarist called albert collins and they call him the master of the stratocaster, just thought id point that out cus of your name. :P

Btw, whats your guys favorite guitarist? Mine are Brian May, George Harrison and Alex Lifeson.

AngJum
22-02-2005, 03:57 AM
o_O Interesting.. -Takes notes- I need a job! I quit my paperound, some other girl got to do my paperound because I didn't go 1 week because I was at my mums ;l and I went round late last sunday and it had already been done by that girl.. so he can get lost I'm not doing it

ttranquility.
22-02-2005, 07:03 PM
What does the strings have to do with it? It looks exactly like a fender strat.

Lol Because In each guitar You need spiecal strings. :D I can tell how they are tuned and stuff by the way they look. Its not a fender strat. Its a telecaster.

Azela
22-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Bands likem snow patrol inspire me and my friend who plays it. We are such rivals but the best of friends at the same time. he had a guitar and I didn't So i had to practise, practise practise till I'm better than him ;)

Jealously - terrible thing

AngJum
22-02-2005, 10:16 PM
oo lol cool azela! You didn't tell me before that you played the guitar..

Fingerboots
22-02-2005, 11:27 PM
The one I'm getting is like that, except it is black and trimmed white, with gold tuning pegs. ;D

AngJum
22-02-2005, 11:54 PM
o.O Cool Ash! ;D I'm getting 1 like that :p

23-02-2005, 12:03 AM
Lol Because In each guitar You need spiecal strings. :D I can tell how they are tuned and stuff by the way they look. Its not a fender strat. Its a telecaster.

Nah its not a telecaster it doesnt have the same pick guard or pickups. Its a strat trust me.

AngJum
23-02-2005, 12:11 AM
I'll go back on the site and see what it is to stop this arugment over what kind of Guitar it is =]

23-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Ive found an almost identical one its an 88' fender plus.

ttranquility.
23-02-2005, 01:14 AM
hmmn. It looks like a telecaster at the bottom. What does it look like on the top? Normally you can see the type of it by the top :p

23-02-2005, 02:23 AM
hmmn. It looks like a telecaster at the bottom. What does it look like on the top? Normally you can see the type of it by the top :p

Can tell by the pickguard :P

AngJum
23-02-2005, 01:31 PM
OoO cool .. lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!