PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Reverse Psychology Scamming

WiseBen
03-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi, this is not new or old, but is a method by which scammers can get you.
I will explain using a situation/role play:

You want to buy credits from someone, but say you will not go first, because you don't want to get scammed.

Someone offers to buy you them, and they will go first.
The person who is selling the credits, makes you promise you will not scam, and makes it out as though they feel like they will get scammed by you.
They beg you not to scam them, and may even use stories that they have been scammed before this way.
They may even say that you seem like a trustworthy person. They do everything in their power to make you feel sorry, even making them out to be the victim.
Because you feel sorry for them, you eventually get worn down by their talking, and are convinced to go first, paying them the HCs or whatever it is they want for the credits.
They run off, and have scammed you!

This is a very cunning thing, it lures you into a false sense of security, making you do anything as to avoid seeming like a scammer.
This happened to my friend.
I hope it does not happen again.

This scam does not only apply to credits, it can apply to anything where a simple trade cannot be done.
Ben.

DCeption
03-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah, very nice :) that will help people +rep, although not every cred seller does this.

MG-Scorpion
03-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Yea dats a nice peice of work , + Rep

Glitter
03-09-2006, 05:35 PM
:o
I only buy credits from people i know and trust

WiseBen
03-09-2006, 06:04 PM
I know, I didn't mean it specifically for credits trading, It can apply to any trade where a straightforward trade via the trade box cannot be done.

Porosity
03-09-2006, 07:02 PM
For some reason I laughed really hard when I heard this, lol no-one can make you do anything, but If you do get drawn in by this I suppose It means you cant make up your mind for what you want

anyway nice tip *thumbs up*

Matty
03-09-2006, 07:46 PM
:o
I only buy credits from people i know and trust

Haha, you might 'think' you trust them, but they could turn out to be the total opposite.

Nemo
03-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Well im a pretty good dealer.... and stubborn.... i soughta do that with trades xD like for selling a throne:

me: 29pure plz :)
them: 28plz
me: 29pure ONLY
them: 28.5pleeeease
me: i sed 29pure!!!!
them: Ok fine
-Trades-

Lol its quite funny... and if i dont get the trade... then idc coz i can find another person xD

Ashhizzle
04-09-2006, 08:57 AM
good skem.. but wouldn't work on the sensible peopleeee

-Dispute
10-09-2006, 09:08 PM
+rep for warning, it nearly happend to me once but i started to crack.

WiseBen
12-09-2006, 07:02 PM
You started to crack? What do you mean?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!