PDA

View Full Version : Info on guild wars

Blue
03-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Hey i was in HMV and saw guild wars and i saw that you didn't need to pay a fee to play (unlike WoW) so i'm wondering if it's any good cause i fancy buying it. Opinions please. :eusa_pray :eusa_pray

HUGECOOL
04-09-2006, 07:00 AM
Well, I have Guild Wars, but I don't know.. I made one character with it, but didn't really like it. >_>

Of course, that's only my own opinion. Talk to someone who has explored it a little better. :)

Blue
04-09-2006, 08:29 AM
ok then people who have played guild wars for quite a while please post :D

Barmi
05-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Played Guild Wars for nearly 1000 hours since Christmas. It's extremely good. Works out very cheap. I own Guild Wars Prophecies, Guild Wars Faction, and I'm hoping preorder Guild Wars Nightfall soon. Loads of replayability, but there is one important question you need to answer!

Do you prefer skill, or grind?

If you prefer a lot of grind, something like World of Warcraft might be your choice. Guild Wars and World of Warcraft are very different though. Guild Wars rewards skillful players, and those who spend time learning how to play their characters effectively. The Guild Wars PvP system is the best available in any game at the moment. The PvE system is also amazing, because that is what I spend myself the majority of my time with. The graphics are lovely, as is the music.

I'm not going to repeat what other people have said about this game, because it's a waste of my time, however I would suggest you take a look at one of the Guild Wars Elite Fansite Forums. Specifically, make a post in THIS (http://forums.gwonline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=127) forum and read the replies.

You should play quite a bit of the game before you judge it though. A lot of the more exciting content doesn't reveal itself until you've completed the main storyline missions once. If you do decide to get this game, I hope you enjoy it. ;)

If you do need to ask any further questions, PM me here, PM Heath Laron on GWOnline Forums, or send a whisper to Heath Laron ingame (if you eventually get it).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!