PDA

View Full Version : A Bully by any other name?

Bear-Max
05-09-2006, 09:33 PM
IT seems that, for once, Rockstar has bowed to public pressure.

http://img.game.co.uk/ml/3/2/6/3/326303ps.gif

It seems that the game Bully has undergone a name change, and is now going by the moniker Canis Canem Edit, which is Latin for "dog eat dog". The new name became apparent after a preview sprung up on computerandvideogames.com, followed by a revamping of the game's page at GAME.co.uk - the website for the UK's largest video games retailer.

Over the past year Bully has received huge amounts of criticism from politicians such as the notorious game-bashing Jack Thompson, who were making public outcrys with no more information on the game other than a few screenshots.

The name change is unconfirmed as the game is still listed as Bully on Rockstar's own website, but it has been welcomed by gamers. Many see it as a more sophisticated title, as it more accurately describes the game. Bully insinuates that the player takes on the role of a school bully, but this has been denied by Rockstar on a number of occasions, with the developer stating that the player can instead choose to stand up to bullies and defend "nerds".

It is thought that this change in title will only affect the game's release outside of the US, and it is still expected to ship for the PS2 in October. Whether the controversy surrouding the game withstands the transition to the new title remains to be seen, but either way I think I'll be picking up a copy :D

Callum.
05-09-2006, 09:35 PM
I don't really understand, is it out yet?

Me and my school friends were talking about this in CE.

brandon
05-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Same. Unless I don't need to buy the game. You get my drift.

DJ-Ali
05-09-2006, 09:38 PM
That's one hell of a lame name. I would of just liked the game name to be "Bullworth Academy". The game is still worth buying though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!