PDA

View Full Version : STEREOTYPING

Craig
06-09-2006, 03:29 PM
I´ll stereotype you if I want and when I want, whats your problem?

Most people who complain about stereotyping are actually using reverse psychology to try and get called a certain thing - note I said most!

So do you honestly stereotype? I stereotype all the time, will always do and nothing in this world is gonna ever make me stop stereotyping people or make stereotyping stop. End of!

cocaine
06-09-2006, 03:30 PM

Most people who complain about stereotyping are actually using reverse psychology to try and get called a certain thing - note I said most!

So do you honestly stereotype? I stereotype all the time, will always do and nothing in this world is gonna ever make me stop stereotyping people or make stereotyping stop. End of!

Stereotypes are part of life

Jamieeee
06-09-2006, 04:01 PM

same...well said! everyone stereotypes, you can't help but not to.

Callum.
06-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi Craig.

I dunno about stereotyping (i do but i need this to be on topic :rolleyes:)

clazzzzz
06-09-2006, 04:06 PM
nice as a first thread since you got home eh?

You
06-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Thats nice.

iluvben
06-09-2006, 04:16 PM

exactly what i said in the other thread :]
i wish people would stop complaining about it in the hope of being called emo or w/e

NekkLe
06-09-2006, 04:51 PM
I think people worry too much, just get on with your life and ignore the people who annoy you. Good thread.

iluvben
06-09-2006, 08:15 PM
nice as a first thread since you got home eh?

he isn't home yet

FlyingJesus
06-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Stereotyping is about as much fun as you can have in town.

Mentor
06-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Meh posers always complain about being steriotyped, its part of the steriotype
*i may intentinaly be trying to provoke people - hopefuly they wont see this part

Charlie
07-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Everyones going to sterotype some way or another, even if they say they don't they still do. It's just a way of life & everything, like others have said.

thesubways<3
07-09-2006, 03:52 PM
i used to think it was kind of rude but i know it isnt gonna stop so i dont care. it just annoyed me how people were calling me a chav one minute then an emo the next and whatever. :]

HUGECOOL
07-09-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm perpetually against stereotyping people because of their age, race, or social class, I still say that joking about trend labels isn't stereotyping- just simply 'typing'.They're the ones who put these labels on themselves so I don't see how its wrong to make fun of a bunch of self-made social outcasts.

Jacketh
07-09-2006, 04:13 PM
As much as stereotyping is often bad and sometimes misleading, i must agree, it can't be helped, everyone hates "chavs", and for one reason only, THATS WHAT THEY ARE. Honest truth =X

Rory
07-09-2006, 04:15 PM
"I´ll stereotype you if I want and when I want, whats your problem?"
Sorry, but correct me if I'm wrong... who do you think you are?
Do you think you're someone because you have 16 reputation power on HabboxForum? *****. Oh dear!

Craig
07-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Do you think you're someone because you have 16 reputation power on HabboxForum? *****. Oh dear!

No I think I can do what the hell I want on stereotyping and will continue to do so, backdoor bandit.

Rory
07-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Sorry, solid.
Lmao, people like you make me laugh.

Grindie
07-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Well I don't mind you stereotyping aslong as you don't mind being stereotyped yourself, k?

-Soph-
07-09-2006, 05:08 PM
I probably used to a hell of a lot more than I do now, I barely do it now, Just the occasional couple.

NekkLe
07-09-2006, 05:09 PM
People are entitled to have their say and hes doing nothing wrong, freedom of speech. And your no better in this matter because your labeling people on here by there rep power, your contradicting yourself.

Hecktix
07-09-2006, 05:10 PM
I don't agree with stereotypes. But everyone does it. I make stereotypical comments every day.

::d4nnyt::
07-09-2006, 05:11 PM

When I read the thread title I thought it was gonna be some pathetic person complaining about being stereotyped. But your spot on there mate.

Regards, Danny.

Victimized
07-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Stereotyping is natural.

Craig
07-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Well I don't mind you stereotyping aslong as you don't mind being stereotyped yourself, k?
Oh ofcourse, an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth as they say;)

People are entitled to have their say and hes doing nothing wrong, freedom of speech. And your no better in this matter because your labeling people on here by there rep power, your contradicting yourself.

Exactly my point! Thanks mate:) Btw I got The Streets - HWTMAEL the other day and Leo has such a good voice. Quality album but not as good as AGDCFF.

Rory
07-09-2006, 05:31 PM
kewl__

NekkLe
07-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Exactly my point! Thanks mate:) Btw I got The Streets - HWTMAEL the other day and Leo has such a good voice. Quality album but not as good as AGDCFF.

Nice one! I want to get their new albulm. I've been listening to AGDCFF recently :)

iluvben
08-09-2006, 09:58 AM
backdoor bandit.

LMFAOOOOO

:Hazel
08-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Stereotyping is what everyone does whether they realise it or not. Thing is theres a thin line between stereotyping and bullying. It depends how far you take it.

Tanya
08-09-2006, 02:46 PM
i dont do it much tbh

FlyingJesus
08-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Stereotyping is what everyone does whether they realise it or not. Thing is theres a thin line between stereotyping and bullying. It depends how far you take it.

Tru dat.

I'm simply a bully.

iluvben
08-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Tru dat.

I'm simply a bully.

u wish.

FlyingJesus
08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
*cri* &#160;

iluvben
08-09-2006, 08:37 PM
*cri*

soz bbz <333333

FlyingJesus
08-09-2006, 08:44 PM
bully :( </3

brodeo
08-09-2006, 09:06 PM
I hate being seperated by stereotypes such as a chav, goth, emo. But i do make stereotypes of religions, races and cultures which is wrong.

FlyingJesus
08-09-2006, 09:30 PM
I don't get why it's "wrong" to stereotype people. If the majority of their type has a certain feature (or if not majority, then enough to make it a stereotypical feature) then assume away. Even if the assumption may be wrong, I don't think that the natural train of thought that goes through your mind when you see certain people is wrong in itself.

iluvben
08-09-2006, 09:33 PM
I don't get why it's "wrong" to stereotype people. If the majority of their type has a certain feature (or if not majority, then enough to make it a stereotypical feature) then assume away. Even if the assumption may be wrong, I don't think that the natural train of thought that goes through your mind when you see certain people is wrong in itself.

yah!
and most of the people who complain about stereotypes, actually really want to be.

NekkLe
08-09-2006, 09:34 PM

I agree, your always gonna think something of anyone you see, you always analyse people and sometimes categorising people in groups makes it easier to analyse.

RedStratocas
09-09-2006, 03:50 AM
Dont judge people who stereotype.

Rashelly
09-09-2006, 05:57 AM
Stereotyping up to a point is fine, it's when people take them to the extreme, that problems occur.
Passing someone in the street and idly making connection to a group/race/religion is perfectly natural. "Oh look! they're a chav/goth/emo/townie(whatever the hell you're calling the little brats these days)"
And then there's taking things too far, like saying all Muslims are terrorists, all lesbians are butch, all black people are from the ghetto, all "emos" slit their wrists every night, all Germans are nazis - and so on and so forth...You get the point. Extreme stereotyping can lead to hatred amongst the community, even racism.
The fact is, that being stereotypical is showing ignorance, stereotypes only come from what you see in the media, around you, and what people say...which in most cases is not at all accurate.
But you know what they say...Ignorance is bliss.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!