PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian

:Hazel
07-09-2006, 11:39 AM
I am one. People say to me "OMG HOW DO YOU COPE?" When I tell them I don't know any different because I was bought up not to eat meat people call my parents cruel. I'm old enough to make my own decisions now and I still don't even want to eat it. However I do eat fish so others say "Oh your not a vegie then." What are your views on this?

Eamonn
07-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Well you still eat fish , how does it still make you a vege ;s
SAVE THE PLANTS ! :]] You plant murderer ''/

clazzzzz
07-09-2006, 12:21 PM
fish are still animals..

08-09-2006, 07:17 AM
I suppose so, but then I don't eat meat, so I guess I'm a half vegie. :s

NekkLe
08-09-2006, 08:36 AM
What would you say meat is? Its tissue and fats from a animal which is used for cooking, therefore a peice of cod is meat.
I think most vegies' would argue against what i've said for some reason don't know why? but a fish is caught from the sea/river, its a animal and its the same concept of eating pork, lamb, beef and chicken.

I think its up to you what you do and don't eat, me personally i'd stick with eating real meat because its nice and keeps me just as healthy than eating soya based meats.

08-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Good point it is still an animal I suppose. People have spilt views because some people say I am a vegie and others say well your not if you eat fish. I don't know why I chose to eat fish but no meat. I'm just used to things the way they are I think. The only meat which smells nice is a bacon sarnie. ;)

NekkLe
08-09-2006, 01:35 PM
The only meat which smells nice is a bacon sarnie. ;)

I bet they taste nice eh? ;)

velvet
08-09-2006, 03:29 PM
I am one. People say to me "OMG HOW DO YOU COPE?" When I tell them I don't know any different because I was bought up not to eat meat people call my parents cruel. I'm old enough to make my own decisions now and I still don't even want to eat it. However I do eat fish so others say "Oh your not a vegie then." What are your views on this?

If you eat fish your called a peskaterian.
And i'm a vegan. I wasn't brought up to be one it was my own choice.

Tash.
08-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm a veggie and I don't eat fish because I reckon that its an animal and it lived.. so its meat to me. I also dont eat eggs.. the thought of what it might of been makes me feel too sick to eat it.

thesubways<3
08-09-2006, 03:41 PM
I don't see how people can call themselves vegetarian if they eat fish.

velvet
08-09-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't see how people can call themselves vegetarian if they eat fish.

Nor do I as they arn't, they're peskaterians. =S

NekkLe
08-09-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm a veggie and I don't eat fish because I reckon that its an animal and it lived.. so its meat to me. I also dont eat eggs.. the thought of what it might of been makes me feel too sick to eat it.

So you don't eat meat because you think its cruel to kill animals?

Tash.
08-09-2006, 04:00 PM
So you don't eat meat because you think its cruel to kill animals?

I think its cruel some of the ways they are killed. But, no thats not the reason, just had some very bad meals with meat concerned.

NekkLe
08-09-2006, 04:03 PM
I think its cruel some of the ways they are killed. But, no thats not the reason, just had some very bad meals with meat concerned.

Ok, well you stopped me from ranting about that subject :)

Tash.
08-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Ok, well you stopped me from ranting about that subject :)

Lol someone is bound to have that reason, you can rant then :P

NekkLe
08-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Lol someone is bound to have that reason, you can rant then :P
I'd rather not upset people, cba now either, lol.

Victimized
08-09-2006, 04:45 PM
I don't eat most meat coz i don't like it.
It's too chewy and i hate the texture, all i eat is bacon and chicken.

And on the whole eating-fish-when-being-a-vegetarian thing, that's abit hypocritical because fish are animals, so therefore they have meat on them right?

11-09-2006, 02:03 PM
I bet they taste nice eh? ;)

I wouldn't know. :rolleyes:

If you eat fish your called a peskaterian.
And i'm a vegan. I wasn't brought up to be one it was my own choice.

Never ever heard of a peskaterian. :o

lust
11-09-2006, 02:09 PM
i only really eat chicken as its the only meat i like.

NekkLe
11-09-2006, 04:21 PM
I wouldn't know. :rolleyes:
Ha, I bet you wouldn't know :p

-Soph-
11-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Theres another word for people who will eat fish but not meat but I can't remember what it is exactly.

I used to be a vegetarian, but then I started to eat meat again, But I am going off it again.

Guitarist J
23-09-2006, 11:09 AM
I suppose so, but then I don't eat meat, so I guess I'm a half vegie. :s

you either are or you aren't. how can you be confused?

fish is meat sweetheart.

FlyingJesus
23-09-2006, 11:17 AM
I always thought people who ate fish but no other meat were hescatarians not peskatarians.. not sure though and can't be bothered to look it up.

I never saw why anyone would refuse any kind of meat, it's proper good. Animals don't have feelings, PLANTS DO.

RedStratocas
23-09-2006, 12:29 PM
you either are or you aren't. how can you be confused?

fish is meat sweetheart.

Yeah but you can be a vegitarian and eat fish, it depends on why youre a vegitarian. If you think eating animals is wrong, then you cant eat fish. But if youre a vegitarian out of protest to the poor conditions animals have to go through on corporation farms, then you can eat fish.

Craig
23-09-2006, 01:53 PM
If you eat fish you are simply not a vegetarian. At the end of the day fish is still an animal that has been killed [fish usually end up being killed worst with a hook through it's head] and you are eating it meaning you aren't a vegetarian.

Just to back up my point here is the meaning from dictionary.com

a person who does not eat or does not believe in eating meat, fish, fowl
Which states fish as you can see meaning you aren't a true vegetarian. I find it stupid how people will argue themselves into being vegetarians yet still eat fish - it has been killed and was once a living creature and your eating it, just the same as mammals.

I am finding that being a 'vegetarian' is sorta becoming a fashion statement with alot of 'emos' trying to become vegetarian just because the people they look upto for fashion[usually other emos] are also vegetarian.

Myself I would love to become vegetarian and hold alot of principles about vegetarianism however I would find it extremely hard to give up meat - especially tuna. But who knows what might become in the future? I may give up meats but remain eating fish.

-Dispute
23-09-2006, 05:00 PM
fish is actully not classed as meat , you may think it is but it isnt.

although i think it should be as above its killed but not classed as one

FlyingJesus
23-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Fish is "white meat", like poultry. It's all meat to me, and tasty too.

Splinky
23-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Theres another word for people who will eat fish but not meat but I can't remember what it is exactly.

I used to be a vegetarian, but then I started to eat meat again, But I am going off it again.
its a demi-vegetarian.. i used to be that but now I am a full vege

sl4rt
23-09-2006, 09:48 PM
How to make you a VEGIE:
When someone dies
insects eat you
animals eat insects
we eat animals
therefore we eat people! :O
Ps im not a vegie

FlyingJesus
23-09-2006, 09:57 PM
When we die, we decompose. We become one with the soil. Plants use the energy from the soil to grow. You eat plants, you eat humans. OMGZ NOOOOOOOO

SALAD IS MURDER

Memmish
23-09-2006, 11:03 PM
hmm fish arent cute tho like little baby lambs and calves so i guess thats why!. Also people dont really imagine fish to have the same brains as animals, they dont feel as much pain or whatever...

im not a vegetarian but i dont eat big slabs of meat like steak or pork chops because its too like chewy and "meaty" lol.

Splinky
28-09-2006, 03:28 PM
When we die, we decompose. We become one with the soil. Plants use the energy from the soil to grow. You eat plants, you eat humans. OMGZ NOOOOOOOO

SALAD IS MURDER

Very funny.. thats just being padantic. I'm glad there is another vegetarian on this forum. I know that some people find that they can't live without meat, so be it. But I have never eaten meat.. and I never will..
And that is just silly because you don't become one with the soil because since when do you grow lettuce in a graveyard?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!