PDA

View Full Version : Rock or Rap ???

majesticdragon
08-09-2006, 04:23 PM
It seems most members in the forum are balanced in between these two.
I just wanna no settle the arguements that have happened in about 10 of my music threads and see wich is the most popular !

WHANGFACE
08-09-2006, 04:24 PM
rock lol

Victimized
08-09-2006, 04:25 PM
It's definitely rock on this forum.
In most polls, rap gets atleast a quarter of the votes that rock does.
Also, rock is a very limited term to use.
It could mean punk, emo, alternative, metal.
So i think you'll find rock will win.

Eoin
08-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Rock + Dizzee rascal

"Fix up look sharp"

Scriptermone
08-09-2006, 04:26 PM
I like both, I practically like all genres of music.

NekkLe
08-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Grime/Hip hop so yeh, Rap.

Chosen One
08-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Rock .

Tash.
08-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Definitely rock.

majesticdragon
08-09-2006, 04:44 PM
ooommmmggggg no offence to evry1 but all the outkasts and rejects at my school are the people obssesed with rock plz dont tell me that its the same here.

Victimized
08-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Lol very stereotypical.

Jõnathan
08-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Holy crap that's like my school.

uh huh her
08-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Rock ftw.

majesticdragon
08-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Well Cos my school is private and small :@ (really snobby )

I know evry1 in my year and there is only 1 person who gets away with listening to rock and not being a complete reject. So for me it aint stereotypical.

Are school is run by chavs loool me n me m8s are the "G's" loool cos we listen to rap and cos all my tops are huge silly people.

Jamie!
08-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Rap for me even though I do like some kinda rock, just not that heavy metal stuff

majesticdragon
08-09-2006, 05:21 PM
I like pop rock n collage rock such as mcr n fallout boy the heavy stuff is crud I do like linkin park n lost prophets though n the rasmus

Victimized
08-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Hang on.
That stuff you just listed is Rock, but you bully people who like Rock and "run the school". WTH?

cocaine
08-09-2006, 06:09 PM
ooommmmggggg no offence to evry1 but all the outkasts and rejects at my school are the people obssesed with rock plz dont tell me that its the same here.

Thanks, so I'm an outkast and a reject?

DCeption
08-09-2006, 06:12 PM
I must be a reject then, awell better than being a chav :)

Rap stands for - Reteard atempting poerty :)

^^ You can tell im good at english!

Machine Head
08-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Rock ;]

You can tell by the way I walk, act and dress (in real life, not that anyone of you would know ;p)

People who like are normally chavs, gangsters etc, I just can't stand them (no offence) :@

Anyway, rock ftw ;]

Dirgeofcerberus
08-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Rock ftw xD

majesticdragon
08-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Do not accuse if you can not read btw.

1) The example used is my school only
2) The majority of what i listen to is rap you get away with it if u dnt bum just rock.
3) I dont bully or neither Am I bullyed I said they are outkasts at my school

Machine Head
08-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Do not accuse if you can not read btw.

1) The example used is my school only
2) The majority of what i listen to is rap you get away with it if u dnt bum just rock.
3) I dont bully or neither Am I bullyed I said they are outkasts at my school
I can read, I just can't be asked...

Slash
08-09-2006, 07:21 PM
rock.
most rap sounds the same.

Opy
08-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Rock will own rap anyday.

Machine Head
08-09-2006, 07:25 PM
rock.

Indeed it does. +rep (gotta spread)

Il people who say stuff about that <3 +rep ;p

Pwnr
08-09-2006, 07:45 PM
I like both, i like linkin park and i like snoop dogg.

FlyingJesus
08-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Voting both because the poll's been made in such a way that I can do so.. like most people I enjoy many forms of rock, but I also listen to a lot of rap, and to be honest I've heard many hundreds of times more crap rock bands than I have bad rappers.

Josh-H
08-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Rock is music played with instruments not made on a pc.!

FlyingJesus
08-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Actually most music, whatever the genre, now involves digital enhancements. And what's to say there's no skill in making music on a PC? You still have to know what sounds good and where everything fits etc.

majesticdragon
08-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Josh-H to that comment - ludacris dizze greatr live - the state of the raconteurs and the all american rejectzs not messed about with pcs I can sing better than that guy out of the all american rejects hes rubbish.

NekkLe
08-09-2006, 09:17 PM

Your english is about as ******ed as your answer.

And how'd you manage to figure that one out, your opinion? oh yes! You can't say something like that because both genres' are totally different :/

Instruments? I take it you havn't listened to a variety of Rap/hip hop, some of which contain guitars and drums. And whats the difference between intruments and a PC? Because you can manually play it, talk some sense.

Its funny how alot of people criticise Rap/Hip hop when they havn't even listened to it. The stuff you lot hear is Pop music, its a commercial scene which makes money so the lyircs don't have to be brilliant because kids are buying it. You can easily judge something but its hard for you to make a valid answer as you know nothing about Rap/Hip hop.

Victimized
09-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Well that Majestic dude is judging rock by crap bands such as All American Rejects.
Oh and saying all the "rejects" listen to it.
Also you said it isn't bullying but you said something like "only one person gets away with listening to rock in my school", so this suggests to me that you give him abit of stick for it.

Jacketh
09-09-2006, 11:24 AM
I don't really like either of the two, but out of them, rap xD

dirrty
09-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Definetly rock. I have my reasons :)

helenishot
09-09-2006, 11:46 AM
i honestly can't choose between them.

i can't think of living my life without rap music, nor can i think of living my life without rock music.

DCeption
09-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Your english is about as ******ed as your answer.

And how'd you manage to figure that one out, your opinion? oh yes! You can't say something like that because both genres' are totally different :/

Instruments? I take it you havn't listened to a variety of Rap/hip hop, some of which contain guitars and drums. And whats the difference between intruments and a PC? Because you can manually play it, talk some sense.

Its funny how alot of people criticise Rap/Hip hop when they havn't even listened to it. The stuff you lot hear is Pop music, its a commercial scene which makes money so the lyircs don't have to be brilliant because kids are buying it. You can easily judge something but its hard for you to make a valid answer as you know nothing about Rap/Hip hop.

Did i say my english was good? and im intitled to a opinion, your probably one of those people who are so arrognat and think there opinion is correct, and nobody elses matters!

jackass
09-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Rock defiantly - it Rocks! :P

helenishot
09-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Did i say my english was good? and im intitled to a opinion, your probably one of those people who are so arrognat and think there opinion is correct, and nobody elses matters!
his opinion is correct though. people who "diss" rap are just idiots. i mean, the question is do you prefer rock or rap? you prefer rock, fair enough. but leave the people who like rap alone.

Victimized
09-09-2006, 12:00 PM
But look at majesticdragon's comments on page 1 & 2!

DCeption
09-09-2006, 12:00 PM
I never said anything against people who rap. I said i didnt like rap.

beth
09-09-2006, 12:47 PM
i like a bit of both please.

majesticdragon
09-09-2006, 01:05 PM
lOOOOOOL A FULL OUT WAR! pmsl and to these ridiculous comments That lad who listens to rock is 1 v me best m8s so why wud I bully him .... dont be silly now and HA HA The All American Rejects do some of the only good rock around better than slipknot n soil and all the rest of it urghhhh Him singing about butterfly wings wierd !

alexxxxx
09-09-2006, 01:12 PM
I personally this RAP is CRAP without the C. I've listened to a variety of Rap music, and it just is rubbish. It's not even music to me:

Rhythm And Poetry..

SOME Hip-Hop is good, but most of it is crap.

Rock_Your_Socks
09-09-2006, 01:14 PM
lOOOOOOL A FULL OUT WAR! pmsl and to these ridiculous comments That lad who listens to rock is 1 v me best m8s so why wud I bully him .... dont be silly now and HA HA The All American Rejects do some of the only good rock around better than slipknot n soil and all the rest of it urghhhh Him singing about butterfly wings wierd !

I would personally say TAAR are pop, but meh.

FlyingJesus
09-09-2006, 01:33 PM
If you don't like a genre fair enough, but there's no need to say that it's actually poor music. It still takes skill and talent to make good music, no matter what genre it is.

majesticdragon
09-09-2006, 03:33 PM
^^^^ very deep lol well he/she is right (forgot to look) and tis like pop rock (TAAR) but they are good when edited n all the rest v it

NekkLe
09-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Ofcourse your entitled to an opinion, were on a forum which is where you'll find that you respect what people have to say and I respect that you don't like Rap, fair enough. But the thing that got me was this comment from you:

Rap stands for - Reteard atempting poerty
^That obviously isn't the correct meaning to Rap, just a comment you'd like to think it was. It takes a certain talent and intelligence to make a rhyme, rappers that you wouldn't know about have this and make Rap what its supposed to be, a rhythm of poetry. You just have the wrong perspective and therefore judge it incorrectly.

Craig
09-09-2006, 05:28 PM

man the only ****** around is here, grow up you stupid moron.

rock.
It might do if your deaf, because no it doesnt - rap varies with the beats and rhymes so your wrong there _moron'

Voting both because the poll's been made in such a way that I can do so.. like most people I enjoy many forms of rock, but I also listen to a lot of rap, and to be honest I've heard many hundreds of times more crap rock bands than I have bad rappers.
I also like both xD

Actually alot of rock music is now becoming adjusted with newer technology such as drum beats being made to sound faster, and also what is the difference of using a 'computer'[as you put it] to make music and an instrument,both takes skill!

his opinion is correct though. people who "diss" rap are just idiots. i mean, the question is do you prefer rock or rap? you prefer rock, fair enough. but leave the people who like rap alone.
agreed

I never said anything against people who rap. I said i didnt like rap.
you called it ******ed you liar, go grow up and when you voice deepens and your balls drop then come back and talk more maturely.

;2192485']I personally this RAP is CRAP without the C. I've listened to a variety of Rap music, and it just is rubbish. It's not even music to me:

Rhythm And Poetry..

SOME Hip-Hop is good, but most of it is crap.
You cant call it crap, you can say you dont like it but to some people its not crap so therefore your statement is false,your opinion is you dont like it "/

I like both to be honest but punk music is the best so rock just edges it ;D

DCeption
09-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Yeah i said i thought that about rap, but not about the people who like rap. And you know nothing about me, so how can u say my balls havent dropped. Your the more immature one here trying to start an argument.

And Nekkle i appreciate rap take alot of talent, and i cant do it at all, so im sorry in the way i expressed myslef.

majesticdragon
10-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Looool theres like hardly any rap fans why why ??? :s

-Wolverine
10-09-2006, 07:09 PM
I actually like both, 50/50 so really i can't decide. I guess i'm more of a rock fan, but i'm getting more into rap right now, so yeah once again i won't vote.

alexxxxx
10-09-2006, 07:14 PM
man the only ****** around is here, grow up you stupid moron.

It might do if your deaf, because no it doesnt - rap varies with the beats and rhymes so your wrong there _moron'

I also like both xD

Actually alot of rock music is now becoming adjusted with newer technology such as drum beats being made to sound faster, and also what is the difference of using a 'computer'[as you put it] to make music and an instrument,both takes skill!

agreed

you called it ******ed you liar, go grow up and when you voice deepens and your balls drop then come back and talk more maturely.

You cant call it crap, you can say you dont like it but to some people its not crap so therefore your statement is false,your opinion is you dont like it "/

I like both to be honest but punk music is the best so rock just edges it ;D

Yah, that's what I said.

kasi
10-09-2006, 08:07 PM
umm i like both :]]

Many
11-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Hip-Hop fo sho.

-Soph-
11-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Rock..

Sazzle
11-09-2006, 03:42 PM
rap fo sure. i like nearly all rap, whereas im really fussy when it comes to rock music..

majesticdragon
12-09-2006, 05:24 PM
On thw hole out of all the comment's Sazzle reflects my music tastes te most lol :P

Infractionized
12-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Looks like rock won.

Slash
12-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Looks like rock won.
Just slightly. :p
and Craig, I made my comment, and you call me a moron.

Nadgers
12-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Rock, all the way.

Swastika
12-09-2006, 05:35 PM
On thw hole out of all the comment's Sazzle reflects my music tastes te most lol :P
You seem like the typical school bully. No offense. Like saying "ommmggg proppa freakz ere initz!".
I hate people who call others freaks and what not.
I hope your not like that.

OnTopic:
As always, rap!
Carnt see what the big thing about rock is. Hip hop FTW!

Infrontation
12-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Rock ftw

N!ck
12-09-2006, 05:46 PM
I can't really see what people see in rock to me it's just a load of noise and distortion :p. Tbh, though, I do like the arctic monkeys, but thats not really heavy rock. Out of the two i choose rap by far, as i think Eminem is great, but my favourite genre is probably club/dance :D

Mit
12-09-2006, 09:09 PM
I like rap more because I like the intelligence used to write the lyrics in some songs. Theres a difference between rap and hip hop btw...

Eminem - You couldn't make the crowd through up their hands if they swallowed their fingers.

TheBoyWonder - We fightin wars over precious soil, Call me Bush cause I love the turm-oil. ;)

Big L- I'm so ahead of my time my parents ain't met yet.

Theres better ones but they're to rude for this forum...

majesticdragon
17-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Jamie was there any need for that bully comment ???? Im not a bully in the slightest nore do I get bullyed and I aint taking a stab at rock I love mcr fallour boy lp (both) the rasmus taar, AFI and loads more Im not a bully I'm just dissing the people who diss rap.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!