PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin Problems

Swastika
09-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Ok.
Im a moderator on Speed-Networks forum.
And i have some problems, if your good with VB, please answer the following q's as im new to Vb, never moderator a vb forum before.

How do i lock thread etc?
How do i edit posts?
How do i ban?

Im a super mod before you ask.
I thourght they would be a "edit" button underneath every post, but there isnt! ;/

+Rep to anybody who helps.
Also is there a way the owner can put rep points and post counts up?

Edited by ---MAD--- (Forum Administrator): Thread moved from computer problems to forum designing, please post in the correct forum next time, thanks :).

Muhamid-Paul
09-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Edit Posts - There should be an edit button on the bottom right of the post. (If there isn't an edit button near each post the who ver uploaded the forum fkd it up :P)

Closeing Threads - You can do all that via thread tools at the top of the thread.

Ban people - You need to log into the MODCP, go to the bottom of the forum and look on the right hand side, it should sya MODCP. or you can just go to - www.DOMAINHERE.com/modcp (http://www.DOMAINHERE.com/modcp) once you're int here its really simple.

Also, yes there is away that you can edit rep n post coun ect but it must be done via admincp, just tell him to edit a user and he will see were to do it.

J0SH
14-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Just click thread tools at the top mate, you got all the options there, if you wanna mess around with vB learn the functions etc, theres a 24 hour demo on vBulletin.com and you can use it as many times as you want.

www.vBulletin.com

---MAD---
15-09-2006, 06:09 AM
All thread tools are under the thread tools tab. If you want to edit posts under the signatures (to the right) is the edit tool (next to quick reply and quote).

If you want to ban someone:

www.yourdomain.com/modcp/index.php

To increase somes rep/post count log in admincp and edit users. Then simply change the post count and rep numbers to whatever you need them to be. You need to be admin to do this.

mat64
15-09-2006, 03:19 PM
All thread tools are under the thread tools tab. If you want to edit posts under the signatures (to the right) is the edit tool (next to quick reply and quote).

If you want to ban someone:

www.yourdomain.com/modcp/index.php

To increase somes rep/post count log in admincp and edit users. Then simply change the post count and rep numbers to whatever you need them to be. You need to be admin to do this.

Couldnt have said it any better, He is correct :8.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!