PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea are OUT! OUT!

Michael.
21-02-2005, 06:51 AM
Chelsea are out of the FA Cup!

I thought I would never want to see the Geordies win, but Newcastle dominated everything.

3 minutes in, Patrick Kluivert put the Geordies ahead with a powerful header past Carlo Cudicini and Newcastle were running riot.

HT - Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea

Jose Mourinho, made a brave decision at half time, bringing on all 3 subs. He realised that he needed to stick his big guns on. The gamble didn't pay off though, Wayne Bridge fell over (I never thought I'd ever say this) from a fair tackle from Alan Shearer, and now has a suspected broken ankle.

Duff got himself into a few challenges, yet he couldn't come off, or they'd be down to 9 men!

And things went from bad to worse as Carlo Cudicini was sent off for a professional foul on Kluivert. This ment that no substitute keeper could come on. Step up defender Glen Johnson, who produced a fine save from Robert's free kick.

Gallas also finished up limping as the dream of a quaduple vanished for this season.

FT - Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea

Newcastle boss Graeme Souness:
"It's the first time we've won 1-0 for some time. If you do that, you will get to where you want to be. "We have found it hard to win 1-0. Chelsea were accused of being boring when they were winning 1-0 earlier in the season, but they're a great team.

"If you win it gives you confidence. People say nice things about you."

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho:
"Sometimes you lose and you are still very proud of the team, even more than when they win. I thought they were magnificent.

"The way they reacted against a very good team, when they were a goal down, then we had 10 players after Bridge's injury, nine players when Duffer got injured.

"We had good chances to score goals - the Kezman one was unbelieveable. The way they fought was fantastic."

Luayminator
21-02-2005, 07:49 AM
YAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And Man.Utd are still in :D:D:D

bladesbcrew
21-02-2005, 10:03 AM
up the blades. lets hammer the gooners

Luayminator
21-02-2005, 11:05 AM
I think the gunners are goners .. from about any competition , they are so inpredictable now. Lose Lose, Win Win Win Draw Lose Win Lose Lose.

SSC7
22-02-2005, 02:36 AM
Jose Mourinho Made a terrible decision. Why would he bring all three in at half time!?!? Maybe 1 like lampard, but then bring the other 2 in later. Cudichini made that foul and ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! NO MORE QUAD :'( O well still have champions league but the Duff, Robben, and Bridge are OUT!

Cypher-
06-03-2005, 01:15 AM
One thing to say, Go on the magpies :D

Davisman
20-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Gunners ain't gonna win, no mroe Gunpowder left:Dlol

Vause
28-03-2005, 11:57 PM
man u for ever!!

Luayminator
29-03-2005, 07:08 AM
Glowy Glowy man unite,d We shall kill Cypher arseanl fan

hellzfrost
29-03-2005, 07:45 AM
*Screams* No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueTails
29-03-2005, 08:54 AM
yeeeeeeeehah! Come On Newcastle, We Shall Win, Hopefully

Sketti
29-03-2005, 12:01 PM
You beat the B team... Nothing to be proud of.

BlueTails
29-03-2005, 02:31 PM
we had payback......

the wombats
29-03-2005, 02:33 PM
middlesbrough 4 life

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!