PDA

View Full Version : Luring - Banable or Not

Mattx
10-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Can you get banned for this;

Going to mage bank attacking someone getting Tele blocked, running over to the agility arena ( multi ) where your team logs in and kills them.

Can you get banned for that? Thanks

Lord_Gig
10-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Nope luring is very common, most pkers do it at one point.

Dudey!
10-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Luring is just a part of the game now, probably reuqires more skill to lure then to actually kill someone.

Night all.

Chosen One
10-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Can you get banned for this;

Going to mage bank attacking someone getting Tele blocked, running over to the agility arena ( multi ) where your team logs in and kills them.

Can you get banned for that? Thanks

That isn't Luring.

Just PKing.

Lord_Gig
10-09-2006, 10:16 PM
There are different kinds of luring, that is still classed as luring as you're luring them into a trap.

Chosen One
10-09-2006, 10:18 PM
There ae different kinds of luring, that is still classed as luring as you're luring them into a trap.
They choose to run that way.

Ho-Yin
10-09-2006, 10:22 PM
If you lurning a seller to the wild eg a santa, you can get banned...
You said you are buying but actually you want to kill them.

LesbianGhost
11-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Why do people comment on these threads when they've got no idea what they're talking about? Yes, it's a bannable offence now. That's if you get caught, anyway. If you don't believe me I suggest you send a query to Jagex.

Joahh
11-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Why do people comment on these threads when they've got no idea what they're talking about? Yes, it's a bannable offence now. That's if you get caught, anyway. If you don't believe me I suggest you send a query to Jagex.

Shes right but you rarely get caught so people still do it.

Lord_Gig
11-09-2006, 03:37 PM

I'm not stupid, i look up things before posting :/

RSC staff have finally acquired enough information to update you (active PKD posters) on how Jagex is dealing with Luring (from non-wild, to wild); and if it will be permitted on RSC. As of late, Jagex still are not taking complete action against lures. Though some lurers have in fact been banned for this, and there is evidence that Jagex now considers it to be "item scamming," there have been cases where lurers were given an inbox notice of their actions, without a black mark or ban to accompany it.

Basically, Jagex have yet to make a final decision on the punishment for luring (from non-wild, to wild).

>>RSC's Approval

RSC staff has therefore decided that we will take this time to formally Warn lurers that the act known as "Oziach luring" (luring from non-wild, to wild) can in fact result in a full ban/ temporary ban on runescape.. However, we will still permit the posting of lure kills on forums, until we receive 100% confirmation on how Jagex is dealing with every lure report they receive.

If you receive a message from Jagex, or have a quote from a PmodFmodJmod, we ask that you please refrain from posting it, or PMing it to RSC staff members. We have player moderators on our forum moderating team that actively check with Jagex officials to keep us updated on the course of action they are taking. Posting these can incite flames, and may result in your post being deleted - so again, please refrain from doing so.

We would like to take this time to remind you that all posts concerning the "honor" behind luring, belong on pk general sub-forum. They are not permitted on player kills topics.

Despite the formal warn Rsc has placed on Luring, You are NOT to flame/insult/shame any lure topics made on these forums. Doing so will/may result in a rating deduction and proper suspension to acompany it.

LesbianGhost
11-09-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm not stupid, i look up things before posting :/
You've taken a quote from Runescapecommunity to prove you're not stupid? Right.. Try getting one from Jagex, not a forum.

Charles
11-09-2006, 04:39 PM
I DESPISE lurers, right along with rc pkers.
It better be made bannable soon..

Ashley 12344
11-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Luring is against the rules.

If you message somebody off the forum, saying you want to buy something but actually kill them.

If your stood next to wildy skulled with a party hat and run north where your friends kill people (which I think thread maker means) you won't get banned.

Lord_Gig
11-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Removed my post to avoid arguments :)

Ashley 12344
11-09-2006, 06:10 PM
So which Jagex mogerator told you if you get caught luring you'll be 100% banned?

Most of them (who know what they're talking about)

And it isn't 100% banned, its bannable not 100% your banned.

Jae
11-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I hate people who lure, but you can also counter lure, as in.Get your team to run in and own them.Like i have a scout a head that wil get lured, or jumped, then my team comes in and owns.

Mattx
11-09-2006, 07:42 PM
im not on about going on forum or saying i will buy stuff, i meat attack someone and run into multi where your team is to kill the person

kooldude23
11-09-2006, 11:07 PM
If you are caught luring from the forums then it is BANNABLE.
Normal luring isnt.

However forum luring is very difficult to prove so at the moment JaGeX can do nothing but turn a blind eye.

Time_Freeze
12-09-2006, 02:41 AM
Been said, altoguh luring is not against runescape rules, just becarful.. They do own when they lure ;)

JonJonStress
12-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Normal luring like making someone follow you somewhere shouldn't be....

~supah callum~
12-09-2006, 02:18 PM
No, luring is NOT bannable. If you care to look up on the RuneScape official forums, Mod Brad confirms that they will not take action on luring, but they MIGHT in the future.

kooldude23
12-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Normal luring like making someone follow you somewhere shouldn't be....

Its not. But forum juring IS. Just hard to prove.

Havoc_Generator
12-09-2006, 05:32 PM
I think forum luring should be bannable but if your pkin in wildy and you chase after someone trying to kill them and they run in to multi all of a sudden you get barraged over and over again... then no as they know the risk of going into wildy and losing there items.

Wig44.
12-09-2006, 06:11 PM
I think forum luring should be bannable but if your pkin in wildy and you chase after someone trying to kill them and they run in to multi all of a sudden you get barraged over and over again... then no as they know the risk of going into wildy and losing there items.

What he said. If your in the wildy and you attack someone then run to a multi area and get your team to jump them then NO you won't get banned, this is very fair just annoying.

However, you MAY get banned for saying you will buy things then taking the person to the wildy and killing them as this is item scamming.

Wig44.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!