PDA

View Full Version : 5 years on

Tinsual
11-09-2006, 08:21 AM
5 years ago today, at 13:46pm british time the twin towers was attacked with the first jet to hit the twins.

Today, we hold a minutes silence for those who lost there lives.

at 13:47pm, President Bush will call the victims killed in the blast out

at 14:03pm, another minute silence will take place to remember those who was killed, this is when the second jet crashed into the South Tower.

at 14:59pm, another minute of silence will take place, when at this time 5 years ago the twin towers fell.

30 minutes later (15:29pm) the final minutes silence will be introduced for the last time in 2006.

and at 01:00am, President Bush will address the nation from the whitehouse.

What was u doing when this happened?

Ho-Yin
11-09-2006, 10:34 AM
At school, at around lunchtime... I had a english lesson for both periods next so we wrote poems about it... :(

Eternity
11-09-2006, 10:41 AM
I remember this, actually. i was off school.. forget what for and urm i remember everything on TV was taken over by the new flash's.

StylusBT
11-09-2006, 10:43 AM
I was running for my damn life with my younger brother as we lived but 15 mins from the towers although we survived my brother was taken to hospital because he breathed in to much dust from the rubble and it becan to deteriate his lungs he is fine now though.

It was a sad day and that day our life in new york fell apart :(

NekkLe
11-09-2006, 10:56 AM
I was in school, we had a Science lesson and my teacher went out of the class for 5 mins and then came back in to tell us breifly what happened. My science teacher at the time was a bit shakey because her brother was in NY going to a meeting in the World Trade Centre, he was ok though as he was due to have a meeting later on.

:Hazel
11-09-2006, 11:43 AM
I was at home when I found out what happened, I didn't hear about it until about 4pm. I can't believe it has been 5 years already.

My thoughts go out to all the families who lost loved ones on this sad day. :(

Tinsual
11-09-2006, 11:46 AM
I was at home when I found out what happened, I didn't hear about it until about 4pm. I can't believe it has been 5 years already.

My thoughts go out to all the families who lost loved ones on this sad day. :(

Ye i know, i wont home till about then and heard it on the news.

and 5yrs seemed to zoom by, it was only 2003 a minute ago.

DMB-Hosting
11-09-2006, 11:52 AM
I was on holidday playing pool and it came on the teles

lust
11-09-2006, 12:29 PM
i was at school but my dad was in new york so i was well worried.

Liberation
11-09-2006, 03:07 PM
I came home from school and my Mum and next door neighbourgh were watching it on the T.V

-Soph-
11-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Our teachers didn't even say a word about it.
They weren't, in my class, even going to hold 2 minutes silence (as if its much to ask.) Until I asked if we could do one.

i luv ross
11-09-2006, 03:10 PM
i was at school when it happened.

Slash
11-09-2006, 03:10 PM
i was in school, in a pe lesson if i recollect.
i only heard when i left school, my mum said "oh my god liam, you heard what happened?!" i said "what's happened?" she says "it's friggin' world war three!"
i was like :o
i came home and saw my dad watching tv, and i saw a replay. :(

Frodo13.
11-09-2006, 03:12 PM
I was only in Yr6 at the time! I remember watching it on the TV and was pooing myself because I thought it was going to happen here at any moment.

-Soph-
11-09-2006, 03:13 PM
I wasn't at school that day, I was at drayton manor:rolleyes: So I didn't find out until quite late when I got home, Surprised really, I would of thought people would of rung people there, so everyone would of found out.. But nope.
I only found out when I got home.

It was goddamn shocking.

You have to take another look at it on the news once you've seen it.

Liberation
11-09-2006, 03:14 PM
It was weird. As we didnt have a silence at school today. Dont know why. Nobody evan mentioned it.

Fomas
11-09-2006, 03:19 PM
I was in yaer 7, had technology.
Teacher didnt tell us, we over heard,
Then everyone was on the edge of their seats when i got home,

I got home just before they collapsed.

Kymux
11-09-2006, 04:06 PM
I was watching arthur and hit my babysitter when she turned it over.

RedStratocas
11-09-2006, 07:39 PM
I was running for my damn life with my younger brother as we lived but 15 mins from the towers although we survived my brother was taken to hospital because he breathed in to much dust from the rubble and it becan to deteriate his lungs he is fine now though.

It was a sad day and that day our life in new york fell apart :(

Er... 15 minutes is pretty far away from it. Definatly far enough not to breathe any of the smoke and dibree in. I dont see how you could breathe it in to be honest. And new york didnt fall apart, the twin towers did. From my understanding, New York is still there.

We talked about it in English and US History. Our town is about 2 hours or so away from New York so there were a few people who had relatives and stuff who were involved.

Josh-H
11-09-2006, 07:47 PM
I went home and watched in shock... I just had a cold chill. It was... devestating

Liberation
11-09-2006, 07:49 PM
I thought 15 minutes was along way to brethe all that in. But R.I.P to all those who loss their life on that day.

-Soph-
11-09-2006, 07:49 PM
I was watching arthur and hit my babysitter when she turned it over.

And thats all you have to say about what happened on 9/11?

And why does it say your 17 in your biography when your obviously not :s

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!