PDA

View Full Version : Africa group 1 annouced and group 2 countries

Pyroka
12-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Its up on the nav. Screenie to this point of whos been added:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6585/omgafricahq7.png

Only one missing in the screenie is mine methinks :)

Africa Group 2 (Africa/ Middle East/ and Cyprus!) (Tuesday 12th September - Monday 18th September)

Ethiopia

Egypt

Djibouti

Saudi Arabia

United Arab Emirates

Israel

Cyprus

Iran

Turkmenistan

Russia

:)

ross
12-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Ethiopia

Egypt

Djibouti

Saudi Arabia

United Arab Emirates

Israel

Cyprus

Iran

Turkmenistan

Russia

YAY. ONE I WANTED IS IN THERE.

edit: well done ryan!!!!!

The people who got through to Poll are:

Chargeh
SourLolly
revelate
droolish
Rivalry
xxDarkSoulsxx
PebbleHab
s6boydan2
Pyroka
OpenBetz

welldone.

KHK
12-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Darnit thought my clone (khk) was the only one who had an algerian room *bangs head* I liked mine too :P

WELL DONE to all on the list :)

brodeo
12-09-2006, 02:39 PM
The rooms in africa group one suck, sorry!

50% of the ATW rooms have at least 100 mats or plasto chairs..
i think that's the criteria they forgot to mention

KHK
12-09-2006, 02:40 PM
The rooms in africa group one suck, sorry!

50% of the ATW rooms have at least 100 mats or plasto chairs..
i think that's the criteria they forgot to mention

Mine didn't but didn't get picked

*tries for sympathy* :D

Mimisc
12-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Some good rooms, some okay. My favourate of the bunch would have to be Tunisia.

Congrats to all the rooms that made it through. :)

Slash
12-09-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't like most of them, my favourites are Kenya and Nigeria.
Morroco is terrible.
So is Angola.

Pyroka
12-09-2006, 03:06 PM
I actually got this thread up when he was still adding them in, he did them one by one. The kenyan one was first, ive got a screenie if you want it :P

.xkookehx.
12-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Some of the rooms were pretty disapointing but others are quite good. I agree with _Liam’ Morocco is pretty terrible. Good luck to everyone who got through ;p

Catzsy
12-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Congratulations, Pyroka :) Best of luck M8. I have to say i'm a little disappointed this time to be beaten by this Moroccan room.
This was my room:
http://i4.tinypic.com/2u8cuiu.png

This is the room that won:
http://i7.tinypic.com/2h2ijap.png

I am not saying I should have won there is probably better Moroccan rooms out there but I will leave you to judge mine and the one that won.

Slash
12-09-2006, 03:28 PM
What is the Morrocan room chosen, meant to be?
It looks like my storage room.. :rolleyes:

.xkookehx.
12-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Deffientaly think yours should have got through, yours looks as if you spent quite alot of time and effort on where as the room that got through.. :S

Jõnathan
12-09-2006, 03:31 PM
revelate's room is crap.
Not even related to Algeria.

Pyroka
12-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Some of the rooms i must admit are crap, and were probably decided by how rich the person was...That seems how its done :S

com-bat
12-09-2006, 03:42 PM
It's not exactly the design of the room but how much money you spend on it :P

Pyroka
12-09-2006, 03:43 PM
It's not exactly the design of the room but how much money you spend on it :P

It could be, i spent like 30 quid on my room and i got on PMSL.

com-bat
12-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Well this is obviously a money making scheme , the promise of "rare" furniture
makes you want to spend all that money and win but there really are small odds you will win.

Nick-
12-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Congratulations, Pyroka :) Best of luck M8. I have to say i'm a little disappointed this time to be beaten by this Moroccan room.
This was my room:
http://i4.tinypic.com/2u8cuiu.png

This is the room that won:
http://i7.tinypic.com/2h2ijap.png

I am not saying I should have won there is probably better Moroccan rooms out there but I will leave you to judge mine and the one that won.
I already have :P
Your room conveyed Morocco in a much better light and yet again theyve added a room that most people could knock up in a matter of minutes out of random junk in their storages ;)
In all honesty the Moroccan entry is a joke and it definitely proves my point that even though theres better ones out there they will still give the newbies a chance :rolleyes:

In relation to the new list
Iran is there! Any ideas how i can make a nuke out of Habbo furni? :P

pebblehab
12-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Catszy I'm stunned that your room didn't get in :s:s:s wth???

The room they chose is pure junk :(:(:(

I did a market place, and was going to enter it for morocco till I saw your room a couple of nights ago ... then decided to not even bother trying for morocco as I was convinced your room would win :S. Your room is superb and captures the true essence of Morocco perfectly.

I really dunno what to say - it's disgusting. Maybe we should email the competitions department and ask what criteria they use to judge the rooms, because I can't believe they chose the Moroccan room that they did.:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall

On a happier note, congrats and Good Luck to me and Pyroka - may the votes be with us!!

Niall!
12-09-2006, 04:45 PM
what did u all think of south africa?

the river one with loads of blue doormats

Nick-
12-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Catszy I'm stunned that your room didn't get in :s:s:s wth???

I did a market place, and was going to enter it for morocco till I saw your room a couple of nights ago ... then decided to not even bother trying for morocco as I was convinced your room would win :S. Your room is superb and captures the true essence of Morocco perfectly.

I really dunno what to say - it's disgusting. Maybe we should email the competitions department and ask what criteria they use to judge the rooms, because I can't believe they chose the Moroccan room that they did.:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall:eusa_wall

On a happier note, congrats and Good Luck to me and Pyroka - may the votes be with us!!
That pretty much sums it up for me too
Except i wasnt going to enter as i knew some of the rooms were going to be pointless anyway -cough-morocco-cough-

May as well have entered my donation room, it may not be wall papered of floored but damn it, its got style :8

Memmish
12-09-2006, 04:56 PM
im not impressed by any of the rooms really, the morrocan one is shocking! catszy yours should have been chosen, defintely.

my favourite is the madagascar one probably, or tunisia.

i luv ross
12-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Morocco is a let down, it looks terrible ;/

Niall!
12-09-2006, 05:06 PM
xxdarksoulsxx room is the best i think

You
12-09-2006, 05:22 PM
every ATW room is terrible.

Niall!
12-09-2006, 05:37 PM
na i dont think so :l sids room was cool

and darks room is cool

:l but ur intitled to ur opinion

JenniferF.
12-09-2006, 08:08 PM
I am disappointed, in my opinion even MY Morocco room was better than the one that won.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7963/rickscafeamericainke2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Nick-
12-09-2006, 08:11 PM
:o Thats actually a really good idea
Wonder why no one else thought of doing Casablanca for Morocco, wouldve been great to remake that 'gin joint' on Habbo
But yer, thats definitely better

Catzsy
12-09-2006, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=pebblehab;2207291]Catszy I'm stunned that your room didn't get in :s:s:s wth???

Congratulations as well.:) Didnt realise to just now that it was you as well as Pyroka. Now i have a little dilemma :) A nice one though. Okay onto the next one:)

pebblehab
12-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Ohhh great idea Jennifer ...... way better than the chosen room :(

Pyroka
12-09-2006, 09:12 PM
I think that Morrocan room Jennifer made is one of the best ideas of the competition in my opinion, NO-ONE in the whole of Habbohotel wouldve thought of that, well maybe not if one of the cast of Casablanca were on the hotel...But i dont see that happening. Good luck to all ATW'ers, and if you dont get in a group just keep trying<3

Neversoft
12-09-2006, 09:13 PM
I need Iraq fgs not Iran :(

BL!NKEY
12-09-2006, 10:08 PM
I can see that Moroccan room isnt the best design and best furni but he did win and spend a lot of effort on it.

I entered a room for Morocco but still think we shuoldnt bag on it because we dont like it.

He put alot of time on it.

The portaloo even links to another room he made which looks like a bathroom.

If I was him and was excited that my room made it into the comp which I spend time on, and went on this forum and saw all the bad things people are saying about it, I would feel bad.

Revelate
12-09-2006, 10:40 PM
erm dunno if ill get flamed for posting here

i thought overall they were alot harder to design. Some of them are quite creative but i wouldnt be too harsh on others.

I know for a fact i wont win, i understand people are entitled to an opinion but please let it be constructive instead of "oh thats a load of crap, mines much better"

Anyways goodluck to everyone in it

Catzsy
13-09-2006, 07:26 AM
Well for once and I believe for the first time I don't agree with either Simon or Bl!nkey. This competition is supposed to be for QUALITY THEME rooms for an eventual best room in the world and the question is how do Sulake actually come to their conclusions? Do they actually consider the applications sent to them or is it just a random exercise and a few are picked out to be looked at.
Sorry Bl!nkey I honestly cannot really see all the effort and time that has gone into the Morrocan room and the fact that a teleporter leads to a room with a bath in it is hardly innovative. As I said before I am not bothered that I didn't get included but I am bothered that after spending almost a week on the room that such a random , mismatching room that i could have 'designed' in less than 30 minutes has been. Its does not even look like any trading to get the furni that would look good in it has been done. There must have been better rooms out there. Both of you are very good room designers and I suspect you know I'm right. Its the selection and judging process I'm having a go at. Hope thats constructive enough for you Simon. On a more positive note I'll be off to make my next room. :)

JenniferF.
13-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my room!

I am not disappointed really at not getting through, just at the idea that *THAT* room was what beat me!

All the other rooms for the Africa group look like someone really put an effort into making them...the Morocco room looks like someone entered one of his own rooms at random, after having removed half the furni!

BL!NKEY
13-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Sorry Bl!nkey I honestly cannot really see all the effort and time that has gone into the Morrocan room and the fact that a teleporter leads to a room with a bath in it is hardly innovative. As I said before I am not bothered that I didn't get included but I am bothered that after spending almost a week on the room that such a random , mismatching room that i could have 'designed' in less than 30 minutes has been.

I am not arguing that the Moroccan room is the best room but just dont think people should be saying that it is horrible.

Saying that all of the rooms picked were bad is not the best way to go about things.

People should look at the rooms that were picked and see what habbo is looking for. Habbo is looking for v9 rooms with a lot of different types of furni.

Arguing that the other rooms shouldnt have won wont do anything.

I have entered 6 rooms in the last three weeks and havent won but I keep trying to make a better room for the next week.

There are 5 more weeks to make a room so everyone should just keep trying.

Or if they truly think that there is no way in winning because habbo "picks random rooms" then dont bother with the compatition.

Catzsy
13-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Well i certainly haven't said that all the rooms are bad in fact there are some spectacular rooms that have been picked but this one is of poor quality. Anyway I think we all entitled to our own opinions and think we should agree to disagree about this and leave it at that :)

Owned?
13-09-2006, 04:34 PM

I agree , Dark souls is the best room there :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!