PDA

View Full Version : This is a tough question.

WHANGFACE
12-09-2006, 01:54 PM
If you had a very close friend of family member dying in pain, and they asked you to help them die peacfully, what would you do?

We spoke about this in R.E today and ot sorta made me think.

:Hazel
12-09-2006, 02:14 PM
I know they would be in pain and until I was in that situation myself I probably wouldn't be able to say but I've gone for no simply because I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

ross
12-09-2006, 02:29 PM
I done this last year in R.E. Euthanasia I think &_&.. but, I hope I never have to come to the situation. If they had no chance of recovering, then I might.. but if they had even the slightest chance of a recovery, then no.

WHANGFACE
12-09-2006, 02:30 PM
I done this last year in R.E. Euthanasia I think &_&.. but, I hope I never have to come to the situation. If they had no chance of recovering, then I might.. but if they had even the slightest chance of a recovery, then no.
Oh, yeah I sorta forgot to mention. They were dying, and in alot of pain, with no hope of recovery.

Tanya
12-09-2006, 02:30 PM
may sound selfish but no. not because i want them to suffer, i just couldnt kill someone i loved

Ree...
12-09-2006, 02:31 PM
no coz i'd go to prison duh.

WHANGFACE
12-09-2006, 02:33 PM
no coz i'd go to prison duh.
Thats pretty selfish if its for that reason.
& not all people go to prison for it.

Ree...
12-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Thats pretty selfish if its for that reason.
& not all people go to prison for it.
how is that selfish?

not killing someone i love coz i dnt wana go to prison!
WDH

You
12-09-2006, 02:37 PM
I would if they asked, because i know they would be happy then and out of their misery and pain... (hope im never in the situation tho.)

WHANGFACE
12-09-2006, 02:37 PM
how is that selfish?

not killing someone i love coz i dnt wana go to prison!
WDH
Because you're putting your wants before your loved ones.

ross
12-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Did you watch that film, of the girl in Hospital, when she bites her tongue?
Million Dollar Baby, I think.

WHANGFACE
12-09-2006, 02:39 PM
No, but I've heard of that film.

You
12-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Lol, I probably missed the point, but a girl in hospital who bites her tounge? What's that gotta do with this thread?

WHANGFACE
12-09-2006, 02:41 PM
I would if they asked, because i know they would be happy then and out of their misery and pain... (hope im never in the situation tho.)
Oh & thats same with me.

Ree...
12-09-2006, 02:45 PM
yer but i couldnt kill someone i love anyways coz its rong
yer u asked a question i told u the answer now ur complainin

WHANGFACE
12-09-2006, 02:46 PM
yer but i couldnt kill someone i love anyways coz its rong
yer u asked a question i told u the answer now ur complainin
No, just saying your answer was self centred. you missing the point that they are asking for your help.

Ree...
12-09-2006, 02:48 PM
YEH BUT
OMG
>:-[
right
i woodnt wana kill someone i loved
but if they were proper beggin
i still couldnt
because knowing if i do i will be full of guilt n i will be in bloody jail anyway?

ross
12-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Lol, I probably missed the point, but a girl in hospital who bites her tounge? What's that gotta do with this thread?
Because, she wants her friend to kill her.

But he won't, so she tries to bite her tongue, because she's paralysed and can't move anything, so..

cocaine
12-09-2006, 03:16 PM
I couldn't bring myself to do it, it's your dearest closest friend, friends dont kill each other..

Craig
12-09-2006, 03:20 PM

I agree with Mark. Euthanasia is a much debated topic but if they were in that much pain that they asked to die then I couldn't let them suffer.

Jacketh
12-09-2006, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't let someone i loved that much suffer. So yes.

alexxxxx
12-09-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

Smiddy
12-09-2006, 05:24 PM
I agree with Mark. Euthanasia is a much debated topic but if they were in that much pain that they asked to die then I couldn't let them suffer.^

I think Euthanasia should be made illegal, aslong as you don't actually kill them using weapons suchas knifes (some do, which is pathetic) but the use of drugs, I think is OK.
Aslong as the person takes it themselve, I don't think they should be force fed it.

It's a very tricky issue, since it is classed as murder in all..

You
12-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Ohhhh Kkzzz i get it now :d

Smiddy
12-09-2006, 05:42 PM
^

I think Euthanasia should be made illegal, aslong as you don't actually kill them using weapons suchas knifes (some do, which is pathetic) but the use of drugs, I think is OK.
Aslong as the person takes it themselve, I don't think they should be force fed it.

It's a very tricky issue, since it is classed as murder in all..
Correction - I think it should be made Legal.

Otherwise what I just said makes no sense.. :rolleyes:

alexxxxx
12-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Correction - I think it should be made Legal.

Otherwise what I just said makes no sense.. :rolleyes:

Oh smiddy. You fool. I think it should be legal but I don't think I personally could still do it.

-Soph-
12-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Yes I would if I was asked.

If they don't want to carry on and they're not going to survive, and going to die a long painful death, then why not?

:dallsgreen
13-09-2006, 01:28 AM
I'd do it, I mean yeah it'd be hard if it's a loved one, but it'd be harder to see them suffer.

i luv rosie
13-09-2006, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't.
I'd go to prison for a long time.

not that i don't care about the other person, its just I'd rather live my life to the fullest without prison.

Taking their life away would take half of mine.

omgabear
13-09-2006, 06:11 AM
No, watching them suffer is funnier.

Herman
13-09-2006, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't have the heart to do so. If they're really suffering bad, then I'd get someone else to do it. I could never kill someone I loved.

Nightrose
13-09-2006, 09:26 AM
I'd do it, I mean yeah it'd be hard if it's a loved one, but it'd be harder to see them suffer.

Same i agree tho there is a chance you will go to prison if u did but lets hope none of us get into this problem

Charlie
13-09-2006, 11:42 AM
I don't think i could do it, if i was really close to this person, then i couldn't bring myself to do it, i can't even kill a bug, let alone a member of my family.

If i knew, they were dying & suffering in so much pain, i don't think i could even bring myself to see them also, because it would be bad enough knowing & seeing them would make it worse.

But, i guess i would feel guilty for not doing anything also, because i could of helped them get out of all the suffering & misery they were in, but instead, i didn't & i let them suffer.

I don't know, it's a hard question.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!