PDA

View Full Version : Safety X Sessions - The Lowdown!

Barmi
13-09-2006, 03:40 PM
The topic for the sessions this month is "common scams and how to avoid them". For the following 4 weeks, scams will be the topic, to allow a lot of Habbos to hear what is being said, and participate. Each week has a different two hosts.

This week, Aitken and Coolmandan6 were hosting.

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/5703/xshow3sx3.th.png (http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xshow3sx3.png)

Edit: Put screenie number 2 back in at Witnezz's request ;P .
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/4253/xshow2mo5.th.png (http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xshow2mo5.png)

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/610/xshow1jg3.th.png (http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xshow1jg3.png)

Basic stuff, but nice job Dan and Aity nevertheless.

There is a problem with the promotion of the event though. It is hidden away on the eXperts page, so not many people see it. Consequently, after the first batch of people, the Safety X's had to invite people on their console. Hopefully there will be some better promotion on the actually website in the following weeks. :)

Rory
13-09-2006, 03:43 PM
So what

Edited by Foxmoth (Forum Moderator) Please do not pointless post.

Yggdrasill
13-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Tell them all what I said, each and every one of them :)

Kymux
13-09-2006, 03:55 PM
No big deal. What is it again. and isnt basic scams ALWAYS the topic ?

Barmi
13-09-2006, 03:58 PM
No big deal. What is it again. and isnt basic scams ALWAYS the topic ?
Not necessarily a large deal, no. But it is an event on the hotel, and this forum is pretty dead nowadays, y'know? (Plus, if you care to differenciate between what is and isn't a "big deal", and change the forum rules to indicate such, feel free.) The reason why I said "basic stuff" is because it is repeated so often, yeah. But they've got to start somewhere, and it'll be interesting what the next topics are, I guess.

:Tanky
13-09-2006, 04:02 PM
I want to know why uber loads of noobs end up habboXs...
Only non noobie one I know is Kokey -.-

Aitken
13-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Yeah tbh witnezz you were being a bit of a plank in the room. if you didnt like what we where doing you could have left.

Anyway it was basic as we thought we would start off easyer and work our way up as the sessions went on =]

Barmi
13-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Anyway it was basic as we thought we would start off easyer and work our way up as the sessions went on =]
I guess another factor is that new Habbos are joining all the time, so things covering basic things need to be repeated frequently, to hammer them in? That's the bad part of having new people coming, I guess. ;S

What happens when all topics are covered? Recycle?

Aitken
13-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Nope, after all the topics are covered well be moving on to another subject =']

And tbh scammers are going to be thinking up new ways to scam all the time so there will always be somethings to add on (if you know what i mean)

Just-One
13-09-2006, 04:33 PM
The Safety X's should be getting new habbos in these sessions, not flooding their consoles for people who already know Habbo very well. it looks like everyone in that room were habbo's who already know all of safety. They should not have turned up, and encouraging them too come wasn't a wise move either :P

My 2 cents.

Yggdrasill
13-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Blame it all on Barmi, he never told me it was for new habbos k.

Yeah tbh witnezz you were being a bit of a plank in the room. if you didnt like what we where doing you could have left.

I never stated I didn't like what you was doing, so I didn't leave. I stated from Previous experience in whatever I said. I made a few complaints about the Odd thing here and there (Fomo especially) And had a chat with Barmi. But overall I could read what you were saying. And I was paying atleast some attention.

Aitken
13-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Maybe you should have just remembered to whisper what you said about me then =']

Yggdrasill
13-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I'll make sure I don't whisper anything next time actually. I'd rather let any of my thoughts out then keep them locked up inside.

On topic, I so want one of those gold pillows now. They look so good when you give them a mixture of white.

Enansed
13-09-2006, 05:20 PM
It is to early for the 'Newbie' Habbo's to come online at 4, since it is straight after you come home from school. Just-One you have a point but most Habbo's that were there wanted to see what it was like. Also maybe the X's should note down who has been and kick them if they come again?

Nayth
13-09-2006, 05:33 PM
The Safety X's should be getting new habbos in these sessions, not flooding their consoles for people who already know Habbo very well. it looks like everyone in that room were habbo's who already know all of safety. They should not have turned up, and encouraging them too come wasn't a wise move either :P

My 2 cents.

Thats a very good point, considering its suppose to be teaching habbos about basic skills on staying safe. This topic will seem a little boring to someone whos been on habbo 2-3 Years as theyve heard it all before.

Barmi
13-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Thats a very good point, considering its suppose to be teaching habbos about basic skills on staying safe. This topic will seem a little boring to someone whos been on habbo 2-3 Years as theyve heard it all before.
Yes, but I daresay the turnout would have been very low without. ;P There was an advertiser that walked in and started advertising aswell, which was quite funny. The problem is that there was very little publicity on the safety session, so it couldn't target newer Habbos. IMO, it should appear in a "What's on Today?" box every Wednesday, along with Soapbox. I also think more emphasis should be made on the topic. For example:

"This week's topic is on common scams and how to avoid them. It will cover basic advice on scams, which is ideal for all you new Habbos!"

A second sentence after the topic (like one I added above), explaining the difficulty of the session, and the target audience for the session, would really clarify what is already said.

:Jamie
13-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Most of these events are really unfair on those new people its for them instead the habbo/safety X's invite there mates first.

Evolution
13-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Not necessarily a large deal, no. But it is an event on the hotel, and this forum is pretty dead nowadays, y'know? (Plus, if you care to differenciate between what is and isn't a "big deal", and change the forum rules to indicate such, feel free.) The reason why I said "basic stuff" is because it is repeated so often, yeah. But they've got to start somewhere, and it'll be interesting what the next topics are, I guess.

I bolded the part that made me laugh. It could possibly be due to the lack of updates on the UK site at present. I say we all move to SG! The best Habbo :) or to runescape!

WELL ANYWAY ON TOPICISH I didn't go as you all know and I would have been very bored going. I agree with Just-One. What is the point of everyone who went in this thread going if you know it all already? :p

Pyroka
13-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Ewww, now theres one event i wouldnt attend even for fun, sorry but it looks like a snoozefest. Thats my opinion. :)

Barmi
13-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Most of these events are really unfair on those new people its for them instead the habbo/safety X's invite there mates first.
They didn't invite their friends first. At 15:50, the Safety X Center was virtually empty - so I got the impression that new Habbo didn't even know about these safety sessions. Some Safety X's invited those on their consoles during the second session (which was a repeat of the first with different people). The only reason I can gather for this happening is that turnout was very low. If it was bustling, I would agree with you wholeheartedly.

"Why go if you know it all already?" There is no guarantee you know everything, thus I attended "the crack of it" (as someone said to me), and to see if I could pick up anything. The topic was "common scams and how to avoid them", but nobody said to me "you will know absolutely everything we are going to ask anyway, so no point coming", because nobody knows exactly how much I know. Sadly, I didn't learn anything new, but the Safety X Center was pretty empty, and there was the possibility I could have learned extra tips. I can confidently say "I will probably know everything mentioned anyway, so I won't turn up", but nobody can say "I know absolutely everything, so there is no point me going".

Before another person replies saying "people should have let new Habbos in", stop and read.

Evolution
13-09-2006, 05:54 PM
They didn't invite their friends first. At 15:50, the Safety X Center was virtually empty - so I got the impression that new Habbo didn't even know about these safety sessions. Some Safety X's invited those on their consoles during the second session (which was a repeat of the first with different people). The only reason I can gather for this happening is that turnout was very low. If it was bustling, I would agree with you wholeheartedly.

"Why go if you know it all already?" There is no guarantee you know everything, thus I attended "the crack of it" (as someone said to me), and to see if I could pick up anything. The topic was "common scams and how to avoid them", but nobody said to me "you will know absolutely everything we are going to ask anyway, so no point coming", because nobody knows exactly how much I know. Sadly, I didn't learn anything new, but the Safety X Center was pretty empty, and there was the possibility I could have learned extra tips. I can confidently say "I will probably know everything mentioned anyway, so I won't turn up", but nobody can say "I know absolutely everything, so there is no point me going".

Before another person replies saying "people should have let new Habbos in", stop and read.
I'm not bashing you - just was wondering why someone of your expertise went to that. On the plus side you made it look more busy than it was!

Rareoid
13-09-2006, 06:29 PM
I bet every single person in that room could have delivered the same class - all about safety.

What the hell is the point in teaching people safety tips they already know?

Tomathy
13-09-2006, 08:02 PM
If you look in the room, and slight screenshots which have chooser in them, none of the people (i think) need help with safety.

MY POV

HHI5
13-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Awww Euan my lil safety freak x)

You
13-09-2006, 08:16 PM
I bolded the part that made me laugh. It could possibly be due to the lack of updates on the UK site at present. I say we all move to SG! The best Habbo :) or to runescape!

WELL ANYWAY ON TOPICISH I didn't go as you all know and I would have been very bored going. I agree with Just-One. What is the point of everyone who went in this thread going if you know it all already? :p
sorry, .AU :D

Coolmandan6
13-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Okay reading through i thought i would post because the whole session stuff was my idea in the first place. Just to remind you SafetyX's are not directed towards "Newer Habbo's." The SafetyX's are for everyone. Today was a trial run to see how they would work etc.

We noted that infact that it's to much of a rush to get home from school/college/work for 4pm-5pm (I barley made it!). So we deciding to change the time of the sessions which will be a later time. At first we also said we would have 3 mini sessions within each hour. However we also learnt that they last for a bit longer. So now it's going to be two half hour sessions.

The point of the sessions isn't to teach safety, it's to remind habbo of safety, to create the safety awareness with everyone. Of course the first week your get people that not interested etc. It may also be advertised and promoted a bit better in upcoming weeks.

The topics also within the sessions will change every month and we are going to see how that works, having a different topic each month gives habbos a massive chance to come to a session and then the next month it's onto something new. Your right you don't have to be a SafetyX to be able to host one of the classes - It's not anything advanced etc it's just creating the awareness!

GommeInc
13-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Considering the irrational, stupid and damn right useless FOMO campaign, the whole of Safety X's is a stupid idea "/ Sure you can teach people about safety, but you need people who can sustain the safety on the Hotel by banning the mis-behaving people, these Moderators as they once were. But, as we all know. Habbo is too stupid for this. They are making peoples lives harder by ignoring aload of idiots who are possibly combing for children on the internet. Can't we just get rid of them rather than ignore them? Which basically means they are left to do their dirty deeds? There are alot of young children on Habbo, and the chances of them turning up to a session is minimal. They get found by others, they don't find people.

Also, telling people about scams is common sense, if they don't have it, they will nearly always get scammed.

Coolmandan6
13-09-2006, 09:35 PM
This thread is talking about Safety X Sessions - Not if SafetyX's should be about the hotel or not or how they affect our community etc. The Safety Sessions are not talking about FOMO they are not telling people to go ignore everything that happens it's just a way to give out a bit more safety awareness and to do it in a fun way.

Simple thing for people who dislike the idea - Don't visit them :) One thing you cant do is please 10,000 habbos everytime an event or something happens.

Evolution
13-09-2006, 09:50 PM
This thread is talking about Safety X Sessions - Not if SafetyX's should be about the hotel or not or how they affect our community etc. The Safety Sessions are not talking about FOMO they are not telling people to go ignore everything that happens it's just a way to give out a bit more safety awareness and to do it in a fun way.

Simple thing for people who dislike the idea - Don't visit them :) One thing you cant do is please 10,000 habbos everytime an event or something happens.
10,000 Habbos was so 4 months ago :rolleyes:

Now it's like 9000 Habbos

DJ Rareness
13-09-2006, 10:03 PM
And its nothing to do with change in HM before you say :P Habbo is just boring these days even with the events put on by staff. I agree with dan though if you don't like the idea of safety sessions don't go, simple! :)

You
13-09-2006, 10:03 PM
10,000 Habbos was so 4 months ago :rolleyes:

Now it's like 9000 Habbos
Lol + rep (If i can)

DJ Rareness
13-09-2006, 10:08 PM
I think the loss in number is because users who have been using habbo for a number of years have got bored of it. Then theres the lack of decent new furni and loads of re-colours, new policies like the FOMO rubbish and no goals to achieve in game because things like badges are given out so often.

Flumples
13-09-2006, 10:59 PM
I want to know why uber loads of noobs end up habboXs...
Only non noobie one I know is Kokey -.-
Omg what are you on about, shes the noobiest (ha fun word) of the lot! <3333 :]!

Convent
14-09-2006, 03:51 AM

Do you suffer from FOMO?

krazyhouse
14-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Next week's safety session will be improved upon from the trial run done by dan and aitken.

Hopefully to encourage newer habbos to come along rather than the same people each week.

AH MAN REP FOR OWN
pls

Coolmandan6
14-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Do you suffer from FOMO?

I dont have the fear of putting someone on ignore no :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!