PDA

View Full Version : Selling Habbo Rares on ebay - Is It right/wrong?

Lµke
22-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Ive seen on ebay 4 Thrones going for 41 Pound so far..
and to my amazement...
there is 20 Thrones and 2 Dinos going for a staggering £1,020. I think this is wrong because you can easily be scammed... I think that Habbo & Ebay should talk to eachother and decide on a course of action to stop people selling there rares for real cash.

Plz Vote in poll and leave comments ;D

lukeisok
22-02-2005, 08:07 PM
It Is Illgeal And You Can get Perm banned if you are caught doing it.

Lµke
22-02-2005, 08:09 PM
It Is Illgeal And You Can get Perm banned if you are caught doing it.

Yes but ebay are still letting them do it... and i dont see many people getting caught do u?

lukeisok
22-02-2005, 08:12 PM
No Not Really,

I Don't Search The Hotel Looking For People

lil-rarez
22-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Well Basicly Habbo are copyright owners of habbo rares and do not give permision to sell rares although its not mentioned in the agreement so technicaly until they update it or someone copyrights the trade of rares on ebay (start of the habbo stock market) its not wrong. But is they said perm ban id advise you not to do it! Btw if anyone has copyrighting laws to use i would suggest taking this in matter. :D

jesus
22-02-2005, 09:58 PM
ALSO, -THIS IS IMPORTANT-

Once you have sold the furni, the person can message ebay and tell them you gave them nothing, because it is virtual. So then they get their money back and you lose your furni.

Lµke
23-02-2005, 09:34 PM
ALSO, -THIS IS IMPORTANT-

Once you have sold the furni, the person can message ebay and tell them you gave them nothing, because it is virtual. So then they get their money back and you lose your furni.

Yep which is a good feature for example say u ordered a book or something and paid for it... and it didnt come... all you do is tell ebay and they get ur money back for you...

Luayminator
25-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Well , the person on ebay might pay the money then the person on habbo dude might not give the furni . so its dangerous

Pulchritudinous
25-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Of course is dangerous, but most people are sensible, and make sure everything goes smoothly, even though you'd have to be pretty stupid in the first place to spend money on pixels.
I have some from ages ago, so I might sell them, I dunno if my account even exists anymore, I havn't been on for a while.

hellzfrost
28-02-2005, 07:42 PM
It is SO wrong !
A flooder came in saying "Search habbo on e-bay", so I did and then it said stuff like "You pay me and then I'll drop the rares off" More than likely to be a scam. How do you know they really WILL drop it off ?
So I think it's wrong... :@

FRISC0
28-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Plus it's not yours to sell, its Sulakes property. Wel we just own it, but its not actually ours

Pulchritudinous
28-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Plus it's not yours to sell, its Sulakes property. Wel we just own it, but its not actually ours

Yeah that's a good point, I can't say whether it's right or wrong, its just a bit risky, you could risk getting a ban or a scam.

Adzeh
04-03-2005, 02:51 PM
it is illegal and against the habbo way, do not do it.

just buy them yourself, for alot cheaper.

Lµke
04-03-2005, 04:03 PM
U can get around the its sulake's not your's by saying im selling the right to posses the furni not to own it...
and...if they dont give the furni all you do is email ebay saying that didnt give u it and they get ur money bak for u :D

Mined
04-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Its very dangerous, and it should not be done, not only is it against the habbo way - Even though it has not been put in the rules of habbo, it still is. Plus sometimes the furniture does not arrive, and the same with the money, posting £1000 Worth of Cheques/Money is very dangerous and can easily be tampered with, therefor i recommended and order that you dont purchase it.

Soyers
04-03-2005, 11:49 PM
It is illegal to sell habbo furni on ebay, many many people have been reported and caught out. I dont suggest risking it honestly :s

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!