PDA

View Full Version : iPod Video

Crouch
14-09-2006, 06:04 PM
** ONLY ANSWER IF YOU OWN AN IPOD VIDEO **

Yeah urm, I have a question, I'm thinking of buying an iPod Video, I have a nano atm, and I NEED to keep it in a case & sock or it will get scratched to hell, is the video the same as that?

Kymux
14-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Yes they are, to be quite honest they are worse.

As its a video screen it contains plasma elements. If the plasma elements get scratched they leave little multicolored scratches on the screen.

Also the back gets easily scratched so cover that up too.

IF I were to reccoment anything get down to Selfridges and get the Orange case. They have a screen cover (£15)

Alternately you can buy a case without a screen covr and carefully cut the protective screen that comes with your iPod just so it covers the screen.

They are a hassle and you need Alive Video Converter to convert movies without paying but a HIGH reccomendation!

Thanks,
Dan

Crouch
14-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Hmmm, I'll order a case while i'm buying it too then, thanks for the advice

jordybumz!
14-09-2006, 06:27 PM
the video comes with a free pouch thing, and i keep mine in that. ive had mine about 2 months and it hasnt got a scratch, and i take it to school and everything.

HUGECOOL
14-09-2006, 06:48 PM
the video comes with a free pouch thing, and i keep mine in that. ive had mine about 2 months and it hasnt got a scratch, and i take it to school and everything.
Yeah, a free iPod pouch comes with the iPod Video but a hard case is recommended anyway. Also, I recommend choosing a white iPod video because it will show scratches less than a black one will.

iPod Nanos had a high tendancy of scratching because of their thin plastic enclosures, but the new iPod Nanos come with a very sturdy enclosure that will show very few scratches.

Capri-Sun
14-09-2006, 07:00 PM
My ipod video scratches easy but i recommend it

You can buy a screen protecter :)

-hints for something looks for green-

Kymux
14-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Lmao, ye the pouch is good but mine came with the 30gb pouch and I have te 60 ):

But I cant be bothered returning xD

Crouch
14-09-2006, 07:08 PM
o does the size vary deppending on which memory you get

HUGECOOL
14-09-2006, 07:26 PM
o does the size vary deppending on which memory you get
Well, yah. Both iPods have different measurements and the pouch are made to have a tight fit so they wont fall out. I don't think there are any more 60GB iPod videos any more though. They upgraded them to 80GB for lower price. :O

-Soph-
14-09-2006, 08:47 PM
I keep mine in my blazer pocket at school all day, Usually without a case, It hasn't got a mark on it yet..

JoeyK.
14-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, mine's really scratched up... I just recently bought a case, haven't gotten any more noticable ones since.

Metric.
15-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Mine gets pretty banged up in the car, but I hope to get a propper integration kit for my new car =)

i luv rosie
15-09-2006, 12:29 AM
I wouldn't get one, wait for the Zune or whatever its called to come out.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!