PDA

View Full Version : Is a PSP worth buying? // +REP

Hitman
15-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey,

I have £200 to spend on anything and I want to buy a game console. Now, my brothers also got £200 and bought nintendo DS's, but they don't seem that great.

Now, I was wondering is a PSP very good, as I'm interested in getting one.

Or should I not bother, or can you reccomend me something cooler?

Thanks, +rep to helpful people.

luke-p
15-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Personally I Would wait till the Wii comes out, But if not then I'd recommend A PSP

Dirgeofcerberus
15-09-2006, 04:54 PM
I got a PSP at christmas, and to be totally honest, I havnt played on it that much since ive had it.
Theres no decent games in my opinion, they all blow.

Charles
15-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Hm. Well, make sure you know which games you want before getting one. I bought a PSP, only got two games and sold it due to the lack of decent ones.

bum
Not really. Id buy a Nintendooo ds. "]

VersionUpdate
Psps are wicked !

NightSlasher
15-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Theres Two Factors

psp has all the ps2 games just different ways of playing and better graphics which is brilliant.

On the other hand it can get boring if you play on it too long

cocaine
15-09-2006, 04:58 PM
I never play on my psp..

Hitman
15-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Hm, so some say its boring, some think its ok but lack of games, some say its kwl, BUT some say get something else.

May I was whats the wii thing, never heard of it =[

thx

Charles
15-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Hm, so some say its boring, some think its ok but lack of games, some say its kwl, BUT some say get something else.

May I was whats the wii thing, never heard of it =[

thx

The Wii is Nintendo's new console. Released 8th dec at £179. It's gonna be great, even better with friends.

Hitman
15-09-2006, 05:48 PM
The Wii is Nintendo's new console. Released 8th dec at £179. It's gonna be great, even better with friends.
thanks, I might get that when its out ^_^

Jamie!
15-09-2006, 05:52 PM
PSPs are alright, but you get pretty bored from playing on them. I played on mine for about 2weeks and aint played on it since, but a suppose its the same with all consoles. You can go on the internet and all that if you have a wireless router in your house aswell and stuff like that so they are alright.

If I was you, I would wait until the Wii comes out like Charles said, that looks as if its gunna be good.

ltwistedburn
15-09-2006, 05:59 PM
well ive got a psp and the only game that was half good was the gta game

but i still use it to listen to my music or watch a movie on it with good quality screen and graphics

Sony.Com
15-09-2006, 06:00 PM
I recommed a PSP for sure.

Best hand held on the market.

Charles
15-09-2006, 06:03 PM
I recommed a PSP for sure.

Best hand held on the market.
Ew, how can you honestly say that!?

ltwistedburn
15-09-2006, 06:18 PM
he can because the ds aint as good as it and i dout a gameboy advance would come close to good

HUGECOOL
15-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Ew, how can you honestly say that!?
I wonder which market he's talking about. It can't be the handheld market, since it's being beat by the Nintendo DS. o.o

The PSP is best if you don't plan on doing a lot of outside gaming. It's better to have sit-down sessions with it.

I also second Charles' opinion on getting a Wii instead. I just think it would be better to get a new full-fledged console than an old handheld.

Demynx
16-09-2006, 02:52 AM
There arent many decent games made one was Daxter, thats probably it, you may want to save it for a Wii or wait for the PS3, but your gonna need x2 the money

HUGECOOL
16-09-2006, 03:09 AM
or wait for the PS3, but your gonna need x2 the moneyx3.5 the cost actually. o.O

i luv rosie
16-09-2006, 03:11 AM
I would get one, but not only for the games, I'd just use the internet on it and watch videos.

Demynx
16-09-2006, 03:12 AM
x3.5 the cost actually. o.O

that just sucks, ill wait 4 years till the price drops for all i care.

JoeyK.
16-09-2006, 07:04 AM
I still like mine, still hopelessly addicted to Lumines...

Skizard
16-09-2006, 07:08 AM
Well yer as i have a psp they are great white ones are faster

SimplyTech
16-09-2006, 08:10 AM
well id go for wii but if not just buy the ds and the opera internet browser [£30]

Chaz
16-09-2006, 08:23 AM
all my mates are getting one, an i dunno what to do either, i proberbly wnt end up getting one..

Hitman
16-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Hm, well my brother has a DS, and it seems really cool. I could possibly get the Wii for christmas. The PS3 I'll wait on, untill it's cheaper :p PSP seems cool, but as many people said not the great games.

Well, now this is my thoughts: I think the DS may be better, but the PSP seems cool.

Lol, stuck now :(

Well, maybe this might help: I'm moving to spain in 2 weeks, and we'll be going on a ferry through france, then touring a little then finding somewhere. I won't be on the web due to no web connection in the caravan, so I want to get a game console that will keep me entertained, and some games.

So thats it basicly lol.

HUGECOOL
16-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Hm, well my brother has a DS, and it seems really cool. I could possibly get the Wii for christmas. The PS3 I'll wait on, untill it's cheaper :p PSP seems cool, but as many people said not the great games.

Well, now this is my thoughts: I think the DS may be better, but the PSP seems cool.

Lol, stuck now :(

Well, maybe this might help: I'm moving to spain in 2 weeks, and we'll be going on a ferry through france, then touring a little then finding somewhere. I won't be on the web due to no web connection in the caravan, so I want to get a game console that will keep me entertained, and some games.

So thats it basicly lol.
Well, I think you just answered your own question. Were you looking for an entertaining handheld, or for the cool factor?

But personally, I would recommend the DS Lite. It has small, fun games you can play whenever you're bored and since you'll be travelling a lot, it helps that the DS doesn't consume so much battery life so it'll last longer than a PSP, which has a smaller battery life.

Crouch
16-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Well, it deppends what you do. I have 2 houses and we go to one on weekdays, and one on weekends, so I travel alot. I use my PSP in the car, and while I'm there. I don't like *****ng my PS2 or any other console. I'm gonna get the Wii for
Xmas I think. If you don't travel much, and prefer to game at home, save for a Nintendo Wii, PS3 or get an Xbox 360.

Hitman
18-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Ok, I have decided.

Nintendo DS Lite White.

;)

brapbrap
18-09-2006, 08:04 PM
If you like kiddy games then get a ds, if you liek good graphics, Movies, Music, GOOD Games E.G Pro evo, GTA.

Then you option is to buy a Psp.

Hitman
19-09-2006, 08:40 PM
The DS is cool 8) Worms war thing is awesome, me and my bro played multi-player with the wireless connection (I had the game, but it downloaded on his), I also have super mario which is cool :)

Ellis.
19-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Like any other game console, the PSP can get boring. Personally, the game selection is pretty bad. Basically PS2 games except downgraded graphics.

I bought one but I only use it for music and movies :)

jojoandme
19-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Well, If you want a hand held game your top quality choices are:
Psp- Great for adult games more glore, There are alot of extras liek movies and cummunitcating options.
Ds- More for little children games known for it's mario games.

Personaly there not for me I like the big hard drives with great graphics such as the high definition xbox 360.

MADDEN 07!!!

Rauhl
19-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Ds's arent for kids ive got 1 and even my mum goes on it she enjoys it some of the games are

The best is:MARIO KART

and its good when all ya m8s have ds's aswell so u can link up on mario kart in school

System32
20-09-2006, 09:47 AM
yh i got a ds and its awesome.

my bro, zengo, has worms nd mario and its kl cos we link up on worms, i dnt eve hav da game we do da download nd play its swell. jolly ho.

Neversoft
20-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Nintendo DS is much better game-wise. I guess PSP would be better for media but you can get MAX Media Player for Nintendo DS anyway, so DS is better in my view.

ReInfected
22-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Listen, I have a PSP and i think its great. Although i do agree that there arent as many good games but give it time there will be eventually. I would only recommend buying it if your going to use all of the abilities the PSP can use. I use everything except the internet. (I had trouble with my router and i returned it but i dont really need the internet.) But when i did have the internet it was cool to go online outside with it. Here are my list of Ups and Downs

Downs - PSP Can get scratched easily. (have to wear protective gear)
- There arent many good games (Yet!)
- Its larger than a DS put it still fits in my pocket
- The Battery lasts only 5(?) hours of play time
- The Gloss finish is a magnet for fingerprints.

Ups - Has the capability to be an MP3 Player
- Has the Capability to play MP4 Movies (Easily can do a transcode using PSP Video 9)
- Wireless internet using Wi Fi with a router
- Play Games online that support Wi Fi like Socom or NFS
- Its like a mini ps2 in the palm of your hands
- Play UMD Movies (Id rather just download the video via USB)
- Tons of accessories for the PSP to use

Like i said its all on what you want. I bought it cause there isnt a handheld gameing system like the PSP that has the capabilities that no other has.

Hxf Santa
23-09-2006, 08:29 AM
PSP is def worth it

ltwistedburn
23-09-2006, 12:44 PM
i have to take the psp side because much better quality and games and mario yer i used to play on that (wen i was 8) psp can store movies and music ds can do erm erm erm (just games)

so thats y i like the psp way better

Jackbee
23-09-2006, 04:15 PM
mine broke and i have just had it a year

viperkyle1
23-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Well, ive got a ds and i dont play it..
im getting a psp for my birthday, which is in october.
Youve also goit to considor if your friends have it or not.

Josh-H
24-09-2006, 07:29 AM
I got a PSP at christmas, and to be totally honest, I havnt played on it that much since ive had it.
Theres no decent games in my opinion, they all blow.

Thats exactly the same as me.

I would not reccomend as mine was on ebay and never even sold!

ltwistedburn
24-09-2006, 08:50 AM
lol in my opinion theres only 2 good games for it gta and locoroco or sommet lol

Josie Maran
24-09-2006, 08:41 PM
i would buy a psp, there really good

-Dispute
24-09-2006, 09:24 PM
i have one, i have no complaints about it, i say get one!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!