PDA

View Full Version : Why do people scam?

A-K
26-06-2004, 08:22 PM
We all know that scammers scam people to get Furni. But why do they do it?
It's so horrible and nasty. I myself have never been scammed or hacked etc. But my cousin was and she lost loads of furni and I felt so bad for her.

I really feel for people who have been scammed :(

Scammers are evil people, and I think they should be ashamed of themselves.

What do you guys think?

GELHEAD2004
26-06-2004, 08:27 PM
They scam because ..... they are sad people with sad little lifes who have nothing better to do.... and cant afford credz and are jelious of other people (because of there furni) and want it so they hack, keylogg, scam etc!

Dopiefreak
26-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Basically they are to idle to do any earning themselves and they dont see how them nicking other peoples furni to get rich is that bad a thing. It does really get you down though i had all my hcs stole of me after i freind had gained mi trust and spat it right back at me

NOBLE-MAN
27-06-2004, 09:48 AM
yer i agree wat u all said my sis was hacked only yesterday she didnt even give out her pass there just lazy gays who cant be bothered workin for furni
or payin it

AngelDude2
27-06-2004, 12:28 PM
They Scam because
A. they think they own furni
or B. they don't have any money to get credits so they use other peoples cash.

hone1
27-06-2004, 01:09 PM
I think scammers, when they join habbo they dont no anything about it so they see ppl scam in trade rooms so they copy them.But there is no reason for this they should ethier get a job:P (what i did hehehe) or go to giveaways thts the gd way to do it and the habbo way:D

A-K
27-06-2004, 02:29 PM
I agree with most of the things you have all said apart from that they are "gay" lol - How can they be a homosexual for scamming, rofl.

Moving on - I know it's a tough job, but I think there should be new methods of anti-scamming introuced into the hotels. Don't ask me what, lol, but maybe we could think up some ideas?

What measures do you think Habbo could take to help stop scamming even more then they are doing at the moment?

:Illusion
27-06-2004, 02:38 PM
I don't think there is much more they can do, as long as theres greedy an gullable people in the hotel then there'll always be some sort of scammin goin on :(

GELHEAD2004
27-06-2004, 02:39 PM
very true ally , all habbo can do is keep warning people about the scams and hope people will take notice

lauralol
02-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Scammers are horrible people, I was hacked a while ago, and lost numerous rooms full of norms and about 30 HCs worth of rares. The hacker recently joined the habbox forums =/ but he hasn't joined again to the new forums, phew! He even told me how he done it! He was real nasty, he said that he hacked my msn and got my pass sent, (I used to give out my msn when I was a newbie :eusa_doh: )

I just wanna say Ally, boo to your avatar! I remember him frm the England V Portugal match and he was a right little :eusa_shhh He seemed really horrible, and he's a mingaaaaa!!!!!! Mwahahaaaa xP

:Illusion
02-07-2004, 05:27 PM
I just wanna say Ally, boo to your avatar! I remember him frm the England V Portugal match and he was a right little :eusa_shhh He seemed really horrible, and he's a mingaaaaa!!!!!! Mwahahaaaa xP

Lol some people have got no taste :p :eusa_whis

lauralol
02-07-2004, 05:33 PM
>=O Me any my mates was smackin him with da end of our flags in the face when we saw his stupid little smirk :mad:

Rodja
09-07-2004, 01:31 AM
well i can tell you one thing, no scammer enjoys his stolen stuff that long, sooner or later they get caught :eek: and then for some reason like obsessvie little creatures do, they start over and over, not learning that there is no point.........its not what one would call clever :)

TheBomb1234
09-07-2004, 06:50 AM
Well theres gonna be always problems in everything like in Habbo u got Scamers in Real Life u got robbers in the Websites u got Computer Hackers.
I already got used to it i just try to stay away from that kinda stuff : :cool:

Chanel87
20-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Scammers are so sad. Habbos all work very hard to get where they are in habbo and the amount of money we spend inorder to get there, then oneday to have it all taken away from u is just so horrible. Ive been scammed 2wice and it is really heart breaking, and more and more scams are being made aware that you just have to be so aware and careul. It is so important not to give personal information or ne thing like that out as the simplest name ect could mean uve been hacked. Hackers will always be there trying to steal someones furni, we are their nxt scam so u always have to be careful. Stay safe and take care ppl :)

Tantrums
23-07-2004, 04:19 AM
what a stupid question, they scam to accumulate their furniture, bobba other people off. they dont care about others, they probably have no friends and have nothing better to do than prey on newbs. =)

EDITED by Arcanum - Forum Moderator

Warning. You have broken the Forum Rules.
Please refrain from using explicit language in posts, as we have a varied age range of users on this Forum.

Gottomi
23-07-2004, 06:39 AM
Scammers scam to get rich quick. It's not that confusing. I dont think they are "evil", they just are to lazy to try to get rich the long and justifide way. Besides, I think it is the person who was scammed fault for not being careful. If you don't want to be scammed, then just be more carful with your furni and dont doing anything that sounds fishy or shady with it. :rolleyes:

F1L73R
23-07-2004, 06:42 AM
Hmm i think ppl hack and scam for the number one reason which is to get furni the cheap, easy, and illegal way. But if your asking about sum other reasons which they do it i think to make themselves feel big about themselves probably the type of ppl who got picked last to play on the court in school :)

Evolution
24-07-2004, 08:28 AM
I think there is a few reasons to why scammers scam.

1. To obviously get furni.
2. The addrenaline of getting caught and blah.

thats all for now : :@

Simonac55
28-07-2004, 11:38 PM
I think they scam because they are jealous that they don't have their own furni and they stel other's furniture, to feel rich. But all they want is more and more and they are furni angry. I think scammers are evil people and that if you see one, you should report him. Stop them breaking the rules by reporting them!

TopBuz
29-07-2004, 12:12 AM
if im honest, i used to think most ppl who got scammed brought it on themselves, and i didn't have alot of sympathy with them. i have been using habbo almost a year and had never been scammed.........
untill a few days ago :(
i didn't lose that much to the petty thief in question, but i was devastated.
i dont know if these scammers know wat its like to lose hard earned furni / creds... prob not, but either way its a discrace. as for why they do it?
lonley sad people who dont have any real friends. boring, lazy, unintelligent people who are bored themselves.
'idle hands do the devils work'
unfortunately, im not allowed to tell you the habbo's name who scammed me
but he will not enjoy his stolen profits long. of that i am certain.
its a real shame to think these worms can actually enjoy making honest people miserable. but i guess thats just how sick and wrong their minds are.
stay safe people
TopBuz

Wixss
29-07-2004, 03:08 PM
I use to be friends with a scammer until her scamming turned into a habbit and then she tried to scam all her friends including me. Well I know scammers just start off needing furni, cant afford credits so they need a way to get furni without having to wait a long time with a donation room so they start scamming then once they get some good furni they think "hey I can get rich off of this" then it turns into a habbit. Now my friend is a really rich habbo with loads of rares and many ppl have reported her including me but nth has been done.

lauralol
02-08-2004, 06:03 PM
You don't actually need to scam to get furni. One of my old friends, had no furni at all. She made a donations room and wanted to make a help center. I donated, amongst other people. But then she made richer friends and moved account without telling me and just basically ditched me because I didn't donate as much as some of her other friends. :@ Though thats not the point, :p The point is that she didn't scam for her furni but she still wasn't that nice in getting it... I know quite a few other rich people who have never bought creds in their life.

Wixss
02-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Lol yeah, on .ca and .ch everyone there is so friendly. They donate like crazy to anyone, all I said to my german friend was "Yeah it's to bad I can't get credits on .ch." Then all the sudden a trade window opens and I have some furni. You don't really find many people like that on .co.uk, I guess because there are so many people lol.

Arcanum
10-08-2004, 04:10 AM
I think they scam because they see other people soing it. Other scammers are bad influences on the newbies. :@

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!