PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] ATW Africa poll- Taking competition to far?

adam088
16-09-2006, 07:15 PM
It really bothers me how habbos try and gain votes by having giveaways,game rooms, advertising/flooding rooms etc. I mean how pathetic is that?? Are people so unsure of the quality of their rooms that they must resort to these desperate acts. Its just completely ridiculous, and I for one am fed up!

I will not name habbos/countries, but I am sure other people are seeing this trend which I find very frustrating. What happened to voting on rooms towards there merits and their appeal?

Similarly, I will not mention the few countries this week who have continued to stick by their virtues and have not given into this shameless mockery. You probably know who they are, and I feel habbos/countries like these have truly positive attitudes and intentions towards this competition. They are the countries who truthfully need to win and have showed true sportsmenship.

I really hope people aren't being persauding by these acts and realize the absurdity behind them. You may feel that I am overreacting towards this matter and that is your opinion. I would just hate to see countries which display such a crude manner further in this competition.
In the end, I don't only hope that the "cool" rooms get noticed, but the rooms with merits, dignity, respect, and distinction. For they are the rooms which will make this competition memorable.

Moved by Foxmoth (Forum Moderator) Moved from Cool rooms to Bobba - Scams - and Bugs Errors and Glitches, please post in the correct section.

pebblehab
16-09-2006, 07:25 PM
I couldn't agree more - well said :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I am one of the ones who stuck to my morals and refused to partake in the giveaways, competitions, mudslinging etc. I want my room to win on merit, because it's a good well thought out room, with interactive features .... not because I gave lots of rares away.

Similarly, I have no problem with losing to a better room, but I will be so cheesed off if I lose to a worse room, who won because of this new attitude to gaining votes.

Pyroka
16-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Dude, i must say 1. Its because i want a bit of fun while we have these few days of "Fame". and 2. Votes dont come into it much as well, i get more votes when im NOT doing events. :P

But anyway, there have been some disruptions lately within the competition like tonight but this is sorted. :) Thank you.

Tristan
16-09-2006, 08:28 PM
LOL You were doing a giveaway for votes Pyroka? LOLL.
I agree with whatever thing.

DJ-Ali
16-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Pyroka's room ruled. :P

Anyway, I have to agree with this. I would call this "Cheating" really.

Pyroka
16-09-2006, 08:42 PM
LOL You were doing a giveaway for votes Pyroka? LOLL.
I agree with whatever thing.

A giveaway is GIVING them the furni for free, without having to really do anything...I just do a few games, like a Habbo quiz for example...

+ Im losing rares here LOL. I dont think its really good for me to keep on losing rares eh? Not much of a advantage x)

Frodo13.
16-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Ya, this is really annoying!! Its cheatin at the end of the day.

Puzzling
17-09-2006, 12:49 AM
I wouldnt exactly call it cheating since theres no rule against it, but the room witht the most votes should be based on the best room solely, not whichever room owner gave you the best stuff.

adam088
17-09-2006, 03:15 AM
A giveaway is GIVING them the furni for free, without having to really do anything...I just do a few games, like a Habbo quiz for example...

+ Im losing rares here LOL. I dont think its really good for me to keep on losing rares eh? Not much of a advantage x)

Thats fine, but I hope you don't mind if I ask you a question. Where did this giveaway take place?
Was it a game room? trade room? chat room? giveaway room? Call it a hunch, but my answer would be neither. I'd bet it was your ATW room.
But why would you do this when your competition room has no relation to a giveaway??? Obviously because you felt it gave you an advantage or aided your chances within the competition.

Also, I noticed that you said having a giveway was "fun". In the end you are taking advantage of people, and its NOT okay. You are still cheating. Are scammer/hackers acceptable as long as they are having this "fun"? No, they are still cheating to further themselves, not to help others.

The purpose of my thread was not to point out peoples particular wrong doings. It was to inform people regarding a current problem.
You however came forward and allowed yourself to be pigeon-holed into my previous statements. Well done :eusa_clap

We will all find out soon enough weither people who "cheat" will further in this competition. However if this is the case and these individuals make it beyond the deserving habbos, I will withdrawl myself from any future ATW
competitions and suspend my account with Habbo Hotel.
Because if cheaters shall always prosper, why shall I bother playing the game?

pebblehab
17-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Reading through another thread

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=220946

I came across these comments :o:(

Hmph.. i'm not voting <3 i voted sid's cause i got rights <3 i not voting now <3

I will not vote any of them unless there a friend soz.

Brandon lol , for Group 2 vote the worst and then you have 1 more vote's chance of a rubbish one winning and going into the final with you giving you an easier competition. :P

However, in the same thread, Matty summed it up in a nutshell:

Exactly why user voting spoils the fun, they vote for the 'friend' instead of the quality of the rooms created.

What started out as a great competition, is now turning into a complete farce, and it's only week 3. With another 5 weeks to go, I have a feeling that the "rivalry" will get worse :(

brandon
17-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Reading through another thread

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=220946

I came across these comments :o:(

However, in the same thread, Matty summed it up in a nutshell:

What started out as a great competition, is now turning into a complete farce, and it's only week 3. With another 5 weeks to go, I have a feeling that the "rivalry" will get worse :(
Actually, I gave him rights and he voted, I did not say rights if you vote.
Second off, why would I want to vote anyone that isn't my friends? because that would basically give me more competition in the final and I'd rather my friend win then some randomer.

pebblehab
17-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Second off, why would I want to vote anyone that isn't my friends? because that would basically give me more competition in the final and I'd rather my friend win then some randomer.

Why??? Because that isn't the spirit of the competition? People are supposed to be voting on what they consider the best room that week.

Remember, when casting your vote you should be considering the creativity in the room and how well the room resembles the country it is based on.

Please don't take this the wrong way but your win was a case in point. I loved your room, I thought it was great, but it wasn't the BEST room that week. Many people feel that Memmish should have won that week. Your room only won because you had most of habbox voting for you! Yet that really isn't what the competition is meant to be about is it? Sadly, however, that seems to be the path the competition is taking - it's not about best room, it's about most popular person :(

Again, I reiterate, this post isn't meant to target you, and I apologise if it offends you - I'm just using your room as an example ... I'm sure there will be more examples to use, as the competition goes on :o

adam088
17-09-2006, 01:25 PM
I completely agree with you on that Pebblehab. It is no longer (or ever was) about the most creative room. Its about the most popular habbo submission.

And yet here's another issue:
"None of them
After seeing the relatively average/poor standard of the rooms in this round i wont be particpating anymore"

What do you mean the rooms are "average/poor standard". This comment completely baffles my mind.
First of all, I thought this week was a tight competition because of the good guality of the rooms. And a few of them really stand out with there displays of creativity.
Secondly, what do you mean the rooms are "poor". This competition is not only for wealthier habbos, its for the WHOLE hotel. Weither the rooms are wealthy or not shouldn't make a difference. This competition is based on representing a country using your ideas and creativity. Its not about showing off how many thrones you can shove into Kenya.

adam088
18-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Looks like the cheaters came on top again this week. Nice voting habbos :eusa_clap

BTW, anyone notice which African room has been leading the pops list for a few days now? Cameroon. Which doesnt make sense since it came 5th place. Why would people continue to enter a room which they feel is "just average"?
Obviously the voting methods are flawed, and the true winners got shafted.

Memmish
18-09-2006, 07:02 PM
i think its pathetic to only vote for your friends! i simply look at the rooms and vote my favourite, its about the most creative room.

Im glad chris won this week because in my opinion it was the best room, same with the switzerland one.

I hope people will vote simply for their favourite room and not for any other reasons such as free furni, being good friends, free rites, plus rep..... i could go on.

Also i agree that the comment saying the rooms were of a poor standard is odd :S all of the rooms had plus points and everyone had made an effort.

Just look at the rooms and vote your favourite! its not hard!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!