PDA

View Full Version : How Come no good films have come out lately?

CokeZero
16-09-2006, 08:44 PM
is this true or not becos i've not bin ta cinema for about 4 months then ageain no movies have come out only stormbreaker and garfield 2 and waitin have been any good, do ya agree wid me?

RedStratocas
16-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Awwww, Im not sure if you guys have this film over there but it was the best movie Ive seen in an EXTREMELY long time. It's called Little Miss Sunshine (no, it isnt a little kid movie). It's about this disfunctional family from New Mexico that goes to California for the Little Miss Sunshine beauty pagent for their daughter. The most famous person in it is Steve Carell (The 40 Year Old Virgin/The idiot weather man in Anchorman). It was absolutely hillarious, and it actually was a really good movie with plot and story etc. It was rated R here in the US (which means no one under 18 unless with an adult)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d8BnJIXXHew&mode=related&search=

brandon
16-09-2006, 09:01 PM
It's because you judge the film by it's "preview" and "name", you haven't been for ages thus why you don't think any good films have came out.

DJ-Ali
16-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Superman was absolutely brilliant. I found Pirates of the Carribean 2 good to.
Those 2 movies were good. So, what you on about?

RedStratocas
16-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Superman was absolutely brilliant. I found Pirates of the Carribean 2 good to.
Those 2 movies were good. So, what you on about?

2 good movies isnt very much. Im suprised how badly Superman did. It got awful reviews, and almost no one here in the U.S. saw it. But I heard about it in the making 2 years ago, I thought it was going to be a big movie.

DJ-Ali
16-09-2006, 09:18 PM
2 good movies isnt very much. Im suprised how badly Superman did. It got awful reviews, and almost no one here in the U.S. saw it. But I heard about it in the making 2 years ago, I thought it was going to be a big movie.
Most of the Film Magazines and my friends & Family said it was worth
5 *****. Hmmm... Thought it would do really well in the States...

RedStratocas
16-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Most of the Film Magazines and my friends & Family said it was worth
5 *****. Hmmm... Thought it would do really well in the States...

Eh, it didnt do good. Most critics said the charactors had completely different personalities than those of the original. And I think it didnt do well because everyone here is sick of superhero movies.

DJ-Ali
16-09-2006, 09:38 PM
And I think it didnt do well because everyone here is sick of superhero movies.
Since when? Spiderman 3 won't do very well there if you said is true.

Chaz
16-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Are you 15+

If you are gp and see severance, a british horror film, absolutly classic, never regret seeing it. I will buy it on dvd as its so good.

RedStratocas
17-09-2006, 02:20 AM
Since when? Spiderman 3 won't do very well there if you said is true.

Well there's been Spiderman, The Hulk, X-men, Sin City, Batman, Catwoman, Daredevil and more all in the past few years. Spiderman might do good because it's a sequal to an already popular movie, but people are just pretty much sick of hollywood pulling out these old superheros everyone forgot about and sticking them in movies.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!