PDA

View Full Version : XBOX360 Advice Please.

Vixt
17-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Right,

I be getting an XBOX360 and was wondering, where you've seen the best deals...

Whether to get core or full system.

And, some good games, preferably like offer thingies.

Like, Buy xbox360 with 2 games etc etc.

THANKS.

+Rep to all good advice.

Dirgeofcerberus
17-09-2006, 11:58 AM
You will want the full system as you get the 20GB hardrive with that, you don't with the core.
I got mine from Game as a package which came to £400. Got xbox 360 full system, headset, xbox live gold free for a month, 3 games and some other stuff.
The deals might be different now, and you might be able to choose what games you want.
But you want the full system, core is rubbish.

Grindie
17-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Definitely get the premium system, you'll end up buying the extra stuff in the end anyway. And as for prices, well I haven't been looking, so I don't know ^_^

I already have one and I love it.

kano
19-09-2006, 08:27 PM
premium all the way, try and get saints row in a deal, well if u like gta type of games.

be warned, ask to see the console and its manufactoring date on the back first before because if you have a console made b4 christmas theres a greater chance of it breakin down, since i have gone through 2 360's now, even the person at MS support told me that.

make sure you get xbox live with it, its a must have, i would recommend saints row,pgr3,hitman blood money and test drive for games

kooldude23
19-09-2006, 09:11 PM
I got my Premium from Toy'R'Us with all the extra's about but without the Xbox live thing.

Like Kano said, i reccomend Saints Row. Also GRAW is p00nage.

Azul
19-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Xbox Live, must have!

Games:
Saints Row
GRAW
Oblivion

up coming must haves:
PES6
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Gears of War
Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Rauhl
19-09-2006, 09:59 PM
lol i got the core pack :( but i got ma headset today

zainx1
20-09-2006, 12:24 AM
premium all the way, try and get saints row in a deal, well if u like gta type of games.

be warned, ask to see the console and its manufactoring date on the back first before because if you have a console made b4 christmas theres a greater chance of it breakin down, since i have gone through 2 360's now, even the person at MS support told me that.

make sure you get xbox live with it, its a must have, i would recommend saints row,pgr3,hitman blood money and test drive for games

Didnt know that, (goes check)

Oh dear, 2005-10-20 knoe wonder it always freezes, best keep a few hundred in the old bank ready then.

Also invest in some arcade games, and get UNO :)

kano
20-09-2006, 05:53 PM
maybe the guy was lying to me about the date thing but im pretty sure he wasnt, but from personal exprience and talkin to my friends whos 360 has broken, their 360's where made b4 christmas so were my 2 360 i had.

zainx1
20-09-2006, 07:31 PM
maybe the guy was lying to me about the date thing but im pretty sure he wasnt, but from personal exprience and talkin to my friends whos 360 has broken, their 360's where made b4 christmas so were my 2 360 i had.

It's maybe just on how much its used, As I use mine for about 15-20 hours a week, dont know if that is a lot but i just hope it keeps goin.

NightSlasher
20-09-2006, 08:23 PM
i got the full sytym brand new boxed on ebay for 100 pounds, really cheap be careful who u buy from though mine works fine

reindeer.
21-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Good deal that. I reccommend Test Drive, Just 'Cause, or MotoGP06 ;)
Get the full, core sucks.

Josh-H
22-09-2006, 05:24 PM
i got the full sytym brand new boxed on ebay for 100 pounds, really cheap be careful who u buy from though mine works fine

*word removed*

:)

I have a 360, get dead rising ;)

Mine says 2006-03-09

So thats 9th March as its american? Because .. I had it around the 4th Sep so... I doubt that was the day after it was made:P

Also NEVER move console while disc is ruined, after playing PGR3 for one hour.. I did that... Killed the disc, shot up asda on bike while mom was out and
bought a new one... Phew close one...

Dirgeofcerberus (Forum Moderator) - Please don't avoid the filter.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!