PDA

View Full Version : Food that sounds weird but is actually nice.

Memmish
18-09-2006, 08:18 PM
i was just trying to explain to my american friend what a scotch egg was and the way i described it made it sound so disgusting, a boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat and bread crumbs :S eugh but really they're tasty!!

Can anyone else think of weird stuff that tastes good?

cocaine
18-09-2006, 08:18 PM
If you think about it when you're eating bacon, you're eating a pig

kasi
18-09-2006, 09:34 PM
If you think about it when you're eating bacon, you're eating a pig

ew lol

nd um when your eating eggs ur eating liquid chickens :eusa_danc

Jordsxc0re
18-09-2006, 09:35 PM
ew lol

thats enough to make never eat eggs again.

Barker
18-09-2006, 09:36 PM
winegums (sp)

Chewy sweets made out of jelly from pigs brains.

Jordsxc0re
winegums (sp)

Chewy sweets made out of jelly from pigs brains.
lol aint that just a rumour?

n there disgusting anyway.

brandon
pig in a blanket.

Barker
18-09-2006, 09:37 PM
lol aint that just a rumour?

n there disgusting anyway.

OMG IV TLD U I DNT LIE!

Nah, it's not a rumour. There made out of gelitene or w/e it's called, search it on G(,)(,)GLE!!!

Jordsxc0re
18-09-2006, 09:40 PM
OMG IV TLD U I DNT LIE!

Nah, it's not a rumour. There made out of gelitene or w/e it's called, search it on G(,)(,)GLE!!!
ROFLMAOO, isnt gelitine made from animal bone cooks really high & it goes funny & like jelly not brains lmao.. ew anyway ];

Barker
18-09-2006, 09:41 PM
ROFLMAOO, isnt gelitine made from animal bone cooks really high & it goes funny & like jelly not brains lmao.. ew anyway ];

lil miz jamie oliver ye!

Memmish
18-09-2006, 09:45 PM
ew lol

its not really a liquid chicken because the egg isnt fertalised but its what a baby chicken would be floating around in rofl!

The production of gelatin starts with the boiling of bones, skin, and connective tissue of pigs, horses and cows, [Wikipedia]
^^^^ SICK

pig in a blanket. if we called sausage rolls that i dont think i could eat it, a pig in a blanket sounds cute :<

also i was thinking and pickled eggs are weird, boiled eggs soaked in vinegar - i like them though! :P

:dallsgreen
19-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Blood sausage, it actually looks gross too, but it's pretty good.

Jordsxc0re
19-09-2006, 01:52 AM
lil miz jamie oliver ye!
roflll!! ye dats me ;]

Ellis.
19-09-2006, 01:55 AM
its not really a liquid chicken because the egg isnt fertalised but its what a baby chicken would be floating around in rofl!

^^^^ SICK

if we called sausage rolls that i dont think i could eat it, a pig in a blanket sounds cute :<

also i was thinking and pickled eggs are weird, boiled eggs soaked in vinegar - i like them though! :P

Actually, in some asian countries, like the Philippines, eggs are sometimes eaten raw with the actual chicken fetus still inside. Some actually eat the chick fetus itself. I used to when I was young because I was still in the Philippines and I was still used to the culture. But then I moved to Canada and I'm not really used to eating Filipino tradition foods anymore, so yea.

Jerremykle!
19-09-2006, 02:24 AM
pumpkin blossoms,
they are pumkin blossoms soaked in egg and covered in crushed crackers then fried.
yummm

Zample
19-09-2006, 03:10 AM
Psh

Imagine being cannibal
you're eating someones internal organs and their guts and blood

just imagine red and yellowish stuff dripping down your chin as you chew on a piece of meat O_o xD!!!

But some people still [sickly] think its [creepily] good. xD!

Tanya
19-09-2006, 05:28 AM
toad in the hole!

Memmish
19-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Actually, in some asian countries, like the Philippines, eggs are sometimes eaten raw with the actual chicken fetus still inside. Some actually eat the chick fetus itself. I used to when I was young because I was still in the Philippines and I was still used to the culture. But then I moved to Canada and I'm not really used to eating Filipino tradition foods anymore, so yea.

OMG that makes me feel physically sick!!! serious i dont think i can eat my lunch now!

also "Blood sausage" EUGH black pudding, people love it but i could never ever eat black pudding.

rofl and "toad in the hole" sounds random, but is gooooood :)

Splinky
22-09-2006, 03:31 PM
this thread has put me off winde gums and eggs for life. eurghhh.. and I dont eat meat so i'm safe!

Misawa
26-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Heh, yeah, all 'gummy' sweets are made from gelatine, and that's crushed and cooked pig bones, not brains. :)

Haribo - Babe's legs stuffed into an industrial pestle and mortar. :D

foxyfox00
27-09-2006, 09:45 AM
gelatine used to be made from animal bones etc now it more-a-less artifically made. Because of cost etc.
Traditional sausage is made form intestines!

Vegemite, jam and cheese on toast sounds ick but its tastey!!!!!!!!
Well to me =)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!