PDA

View Full Version : web site help?

geertjuhhh
25-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Hej, i have site www.geertjuhhh.helpmy.net (http://www.geertjuhhh.helpmy.net) i have to make my own site for school, but we're not allowed to make it in a program, we have to totally write it in html, now my question is, if you see the "banner" at the top, it doesnt fit, how do i make it fit? Just make the picture smaller? I dont want people to be able to scroll.

Also, does any1 know how to do it if you click a link left, how to let it open on the right?

Ps: please ignore what's on the site its all dutch :p)

Thank you

Geert.

Mentor
25-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Your site sbuilt in a frame set?

Anyway wich image you mean, the one that looks like the page cannot be displayed error?
At the top?.

Anywa your frame sets width and height is all done in % so the amount of space a box is given is depened on the screen size of teh viewer. Athogh kept in perportion. If you want to keep bist exscty the same size you would have to set the dimntions in pixles rather than %.

geertjuhhh
25-02-2005, 08:17 PM
hmm, ok, but what ive learned is that if you put pixels instead of % and do this in 1024x768 and some1 sees the site in 800 x 600, he cant see whole the site, how to solve that then?

Mentor
25-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Only if you wanted it to.

for exsamle (edited your frameset)

<frameset cols="200,*">
<frameset rows="120,*">
<frame name="frame4" src="4.html"noresize>
<frame name="frame3" src="3.html"noresize>
</frameset>
<frameset rows="120,*">
<frame name="frame2" src="2.html"noresize>
<frame name="frame1" src="1.html"noresize>
</frameset>
</frameset><noframes></noframes>

The size or the frames around teh deges are partaly locked, athogh the rest can still resize freely

(the sizes are off the top of my head, so will probly need chaning to fit your layout)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!