PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the law?

Pizza
20-09-2006, 03:14 PM
well, i looked into this today and it seems my school break a fire saftey law alot. during exams, the fire alarm gets switched off, when the fire alarm sounds we have to wait 2 minutes before going outside? <- that could be a matter of life and death if u think about it? and also we never have fire drills!

is my school allowed to do this?
should i report it?

also the fire alarm is so quiet you can hardly hear it in most rooms

Lµke
20-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Well im pritty sure they should do fire drills pritty regularly, we had two fake ones yesterday just to keep everyone on there toes and fresh, funnily enough there was a fire today in one of the science labs, but only a mild one.

Anyway i think switching it off is against the law, and im sure not doing drills regular is also against the law. Im not sure about the waiting two mintues, and not being able to hear it would also be a concern.

If your school needs a push in the right direction to get there fire safety standards up to scratch, i don't see the harm in reporting them.

Yoshimitsui
20-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Wow wait 2 mins are the teachers at your scholl doo-laley, anyway if a fire alarm is sounded you must leave the premises IMEDIANTLY leaveing all spersonal bellongings behind. And i dont think it its illegal to not have a fire drill in schools as where you have to in buisnesses or face being shut down.
Even if it isant illegal your school are playin chicken with your lives.:eusa_wall

Rockerboi6
20-09-2006, 05:18 PM
* Cough * Report >:D

Yoshimitsui
20-09-2006, 05:21 PM
* Cough * Report >:D

Excuse me are you dissing my reply?:rolleyes:

::d4nnyt::
20-09-2006, 05:25 PM
MY school must be breaking a fire law too, they have no end of blocked fire exits, in the ict room there is a computer on a desk right infront of one of the fire exits, how stupid.

Yoshimitsui
20-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah very stupid, teachers these days.

Angel-Light
20-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Rofl last year at my school, when the fire alarm went off we just all stayed in unless the Headteacher came on the announcements actually saying there is a fire :rolleyes: Different now though..

It may be best to report it

brandon
20-09-2006, 05:42 PM
I would report it.

Yoshimitsui
20-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Rofl last year at my school, when the fire alarm went off we just all stayed in unless the Headteacher came on the announcements actually saying there is a fire :rolleyes: Different now though..

It may be best to report it

Lol, living dangeresly? what happens if he couldant announce there was a fire?

Angel-Light
20-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Lol, living dangeresly? what happens if he couldant announce there was a fire?

Even if the fire was in the room we probs wouldn't be allowed to live but hey they have grids on the windows so we can't even climb out :P

Jamie!
20-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Our fire bell is like that too..

Its sounds for about 10secs then it stops for 2min then if it sounds again thats a sign that we have to go :rolleyes:

Rizla,
21-09-2006, 11:36 AM
I didn't even read the rest of the posts, but how sad are you? "should i report it?!?!?"

Hitman
21-09-2006, 12:01 PM
I didn't even read the rest of the posts, but how sad are you? "should i report it?!?!?"
How is he sad? By reporting it he could help save a life if there was a fire and somebody didn't get out. That isn't sad. You're sad if you'd let somebody burn to death. So it isn't sad. :)

-Dispute
21-09-2006, 08:08 PM
report it, my scholl do them all the time, and turning it off is stupid, what harm is there in seeing if your right?

Eternity
21-09-2006, 08:12 PM
If i was you, i'd report it to be spiteful :)
and plus, for the lifes... :rolleyes:
our school's is real loud, but most of them are blocked? in the dinner halls they're jammed with a chair by prefects & staff to stop people leaving through the exit.

Frodo13.
21-09-2006, 09:30 PM
People set them off as pranks in my year. Its gone off 3 times since going back.

We had a massive fire last year though. Took out the entire 6 form block and we was off for weeks.

Yoshimitsui
21-09-2006, 09:33 PM
People set them off as pranks in my year. Its gone off 3 times since going back.

We had a massive fire last year though. Took out the entire 6 form block and we was off for weeks.

Omg i think i saw that on tv if it is the one i think it is!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!