PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii News - Take-Two (GTA) Currently "In Talks"

Neversoft
20-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Sorce: Cubed³ (http://www.cubed3.com/news/5991)

Nintendo fans have been desperate to get their hands on some Grand Theft Auto goodness, but unfortunately other than a water-down GBA edition, home console fans have been left in the dark. Could that be about to change?

Nintendo of America's president, Reggie Fils-Aime recently spoke with MTV (http://www.mtv.com/games/video_games/news/story.jhtml?id=1541183) about how Nintendo is in the process of trying to enlist as many major Third Party companies as possible, one being Take-Two. The publisher has avoided bringing its Grand Theft Auto franchise to the Nintendo 64 and GameCube, with only a watered-down GBA version in recent times ever coming to light.

But now Reggie has stated:

"We're reaching out to every publisher, frankly every day. I'll be spending some time later today with the folks over at Take Two to see what type of support they can give our console. The fact is there will be M-rated content on the Wii console. EA has already announced that they're bringing 'The Godfather' to our console. And we want every single best-selling game to be available on Wii. Whatever that content is."

This is definitely promising news to come from the new, hard-hitting NoA office and, whilst the actual developer Rockstar could end up merely porting its recent XBOX 360 Table Tennis game over, it would definitely be a step in the right direction.

There are also rumours that Guitar Hero II will be coming to the Wii.

Also...

Nintendo Wii gets 3 from Activision (http://www.cubed3.com/news/5049)

GameSpot (http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6149032.html?sid=6149032) is reporting that Activision has confirmed three Nintendo Wii games for the 'launch window'. One will be Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, another is assumed to be Marvel Ultimate Alliance, whilst the third could be Call of Duty.

mnbvjifhgtge
21-09-2006, 06:06 PM
this is brilliant news i hope it goes ahead. ive got a friend whos a real nintendo fan whos been dying for gta to go onto. i actually have a feeling he only got a psp for gta lol

Neversoft
22-09-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm sure it will attract alot more gamers.

Markness.
22-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Gta is probably one of [ if not the] biggest game franchises on the market and a Wii release would be a major boost for not only take-two & rockstar, but for Nintendo itself

a Gta game integrated with the Wii controller would sure be intresting

Azza
23-09-2006, 12:15 PM
sounds quite good ^^

i wudnt say GTA is "probably one of [ if not the] biggest game franchises on the market" but it is good ^^

ltwistedburn
23-09-2006, 12:21 PM
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo
nitendo will reck it only good think from nintendo was the ds and that aint that good either so just leave it out

SimplyTech
23-09-2006, 07:09 PM
nitendo will reck it only good think from nintendo was the ds and that aint that good either so just leave it out
You cant honestly say that or your saying the psp etc are crap as nintendo invented the dpad and analogue stick also the N64 is my favirote console ever it owns my ps2 xbox etc

Bear-Max
23-09-2006, 07:53 PM
sounds quite good ^^

i wudnt say GTA is "probably one of [ if not the] biggest game franchises on the market" but it is good ^^
I think GTA definately is one of the biggest franchises on the market. It's the 11th best-selling games series of all time.

ltwistedburn
23-09-2006, 07:56 PM
the psp is class but n64 was dump and thats wer my old 1 is now a dump. i had that 4 about a year and then i binned it

SimplyTech
23-09-2006, 08:06 PM
the psp is class but n64 was dump and thats wer my old 1 is now a dump. i had that 4 about a year and then i binned it
im sure u never had an n64

:James:
23-09-2006, 08:07 PM
I personally cannot wait until the release of Nintendo Wii, I will be getting it for christmas. Those games are pretty good too.

Neversoft
24-09-2006, 12:09 AM

Err, no. Who cares if the Wii doesn't have as good graphics as some other consoles. GTA on PS1 still done extremly well. And how can somthing be good but not be good? Make your mind up and give me one reason why Nintendo would wreck* GTA?

HUGECOOL
24-09-2006, 02:38 AM
By the way you sound, I'm pretty sure you weren't even born before the N64 was released. "/

SimplyTech
24-09-2006, 08:05 AM
By the way you sound, I'm pretty sure you weren't even born before the N64 was released. "/

thats what i thought lol

ltwistedburn
24-09-2006, 08:43 AM
i said i did but it was rubbish

Joahh
24-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Argh i just cant wait for it, i mean december the 8th ;(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!