PDA

View Full Version : ps3 xbox360 or nintendo wii ???

ltwistedburn
22-09-2006, 03:49 PM
which 1 do u have or hope to get and y ???

personly im wating till i know more about the ps3

kano
22-09-2006, 05:28 PM
i have a xbox360, i think i will get a ps3 but not till its drops below £200

Josh-H
22-09-2006, 07:11 PM
360 ftw

NightSlasher
22-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Playstation 3 definately

:James:
22-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Nintendo Wii..

JonJonStress
22-09-2006, 07:33 PM
PEE-ESS-THR33

Sony.Com
22-09-2006, 07:38 PM
PS3 all the way.

Tyed
22-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Not Another One Of These Debates. Depends Really If U Got A HDTV Just Buy The xBox360 .. Or If Ur Not Into All Action Games Wait For A PS3 But Personally I Woudnt Buy A Wii

Josh-H
22-09-2006, 08:25 PM
360 ftw

Pyroka
22-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Obviously the Nintendo Wii.
Im a proud Xbox360 owner and i strictly believe:
1. The PS3 doubles as a George foreman grill, which bakes nothing but badly done salads. See image below.

http://www.sonyplaystation3news.com/images/ps3-grill.jpg

2. PS3 will be beaten beyond belief by the Nintendo Wii's great price of £150. Nintendo just ripped Sony a new one. (A)

3. Click HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4) for the last reason. (A) Thatll make PS3 fans cringe.

Neversoft
22-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Nintendo Wii.

Vodata
22-09-2006, 09:48 PM
no1 can really vote ps3 or wii cos its not out lol
ps3 - to expensive rip off
wii - crap games like mario, pokemon
xbox - only one you can like seeing as its the only 1 out

i dont even like xboxs but it looks like im going to have to get one
i like nitendo like the ds i got one but omg the games they r rubbish wdf when i play it i feel like im 10 or something
psp crap rip off games crap only good things is u can watch films on it

Vixt
23-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Wii: Tacky and unprofessional
Ps3: Big and expensive
360: Re-named by me and my mates - Sandbox

Go with the 360 though if anything.

Stick with the PC ;)

.demolitionman.
23-09-2006, 08:14 AM
the ps3 ill be the better console out of all three, because in my stuff magazine
it says it will be the most powerfull machine out.
plus it will have blue ray :D and a 60gb hardrive the top package anyway.
it may be expensive but well worth it!!! :eusa_danc

Neversoft
23-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Wii: Tacky and unprofessional

:s You do know that the Wii is probaly the most revolutionary console there.

Frodo13.
23-09-2006, 10:17 AM
PS3 all the way.

Wii is extreamly revolutionary and I havn't got a bad word for it. But, Ive never really used Nintendo consoles, and I have just got used to PS.

XBOX, when it came out was a compleat rip off of PS2. And the Xbox 360 hardly has noticble changes an the only argument they carry is that its cheeper then PS3

Grindie
23-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Xbox 360 FTW

ltwistedburn
23-09-2006, 12:06 PM
u see the ps3 will have double the memory of the xbox360 and the pice has been cut so put that in ur pie hole :P
also hu came up with the name wii it sound lame

Azza
23-09-2006, 12:14 PM
i will get Wii - mainly as the controller and that they r getting alot of 3rd party games for it which seem good.

PS3 - too costy ^^

xbox360 - maybe if Wii gets boring after while as its cheaper than PS3 ^^

Albion
23-09-2006, 12:15 PM
i have xbox360 but you find the games alot more fun when your playing online with other people

Vixt
23-09-2006, 04:14 PM
:s You do know that the Wii is probaly the most revolutionary console there.
Yes.

But I think it's tacky.

I just don't get the concept of a remote control controller.

HUGECOOL
23-09-2006, 04:24 PM
u see the ps3 will have double the memory of the xbox360 and the pice has been cut so put that in ur pie hole :P
also hu came up with the name wii it sound lame
There's been a price cut in Japan.

Sony still shafts you, mmkay?

The name 'Wii' involves a concept and even some history to it. I won't go into details, but point being, it involves more than just looking at it, but analyzing it as well.

Yes.

But I think it's tacky.

The Wii already won an award for best hardware, and the controller was no exception.

The concept of the controller isn't very difficult to understand. It was made to emulate a computer and provide a user a more intuative way of playing video games. How people find this hard to understand is beyond me.

ltwistedburn
23-09-2006, 06:56 PM
i dont care if it won the dog awards i still think the name is lame and the would only be golf ad cricket and games like that , that would be good

HUGECOOL
23-09-2006, 08:34 PM
i dont care if it won the dog awards i still think the name is lame and the would only be golf ad cricket and games like that , that would be good
Thanks for your opinion, I suppose, but I really could care less what you think since it doesn't concern me. "/ (Or were you just angry that you still pay premium price for the crap version of the PS3?)

And the only people that know what games have potential in the Wii are the game developers who have already tried and tested them.

Neversoft
23-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Yes.

But I think it's tacky.

There is a classic joypad controller aswell you know.

womanizer
23-09-2006, 08:55 PM
I picked the Wii

NightSlasher
23-09-2006, 09:16 PM
ps3 all the way

N!ck
23-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I voted 360.

The PS3, Sony have really made themselves look prats with this one. The delays, and the "new", unproven hardware. Ok it has potential, but i'm unsure weather Sony will pull it off. After all they have been PostPwned :D.

The Wii. I think the hardware is amazing for the price you pay, and they are not going for any of that fabcy graphics business. Just fun Nintendo games as always. I really don't think the Wii is a 'kiddy' console at all, as they have shown innitiative in their design. Wii comes in close 2nd to 360 for me.

The 360. Microsoft got their act together with this (none of the ****ing about like Sony). A great all-round console, which has the graphics and performance potential, without the complexity of the PS3. Also now with the HD-DVD drives this console is at the top at the moment for me. We'll have to wait until November to see weather Sony actually pull it off.

Vixt
23-09-2006, 11:05 PM
The novelty of the Wii will wear off within days.

As with the DS, I bored after 3 days so I sold it.

Whereas, the xbox and ps3 are just gaming machines, ultd. games.

AJuk
24-09-2006, 12:00 AM
PS3.
x15 better than xbox 360.
a mean gaming experience which is constantly learning to your abilities.
instead of you competing to the "hard" "intermediate" and "easy" levels of CPU.
the game will use its own techniques to defend itself and try to beat you.
more like a human brain ^_^
i saw a advert for this..
www.ps3films.com
note: im not promoting the site.
i am just sugesting people to watch it.
as it has a lot of cool info.

and plus.
ps3 because of its cool graphics.
you could count the hairs. but youd be there forever.

Neversoft
24-09-2006, 12:05 AM

Not really. :rolleyes: Seeing as the Wii is coming out before christmas unlike some consoles and the 360 is just old now. Everyone will be buying Wii's at christmas and I bet you the Wii will be the most successful console 2006/07.

HUGECOOL
24-09-2006, 02:32 AM

lol The PS3 is a gaming machine?

And all this time I thought Sony was putting Blu Ray just to promote their future products. Silly me. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry you grew bored with your DS, but then again, you're only one person and you're still in the minority.

PS3.
x15 better than xbox 360.
a mean gaming experience which is constantly learning to your abilities.
instead of you competing to the "hard" "intermediate" and "easy" levels of CPU.
the game will use its own techniques to defend itself and try to beat you.
more like a human brain ^_^
i saw a advert for this..
www.ps3films.com (http://www.ps3films.com/)
note: im not promoting the site.
i am just sugesting people to watch it.
as it has a lot of cool info.

and plus.
ps3 because of its cool graphics.
you could count the hairs. but youd be there forever.
Sorry to disappoint, but the PS3's processor is just a glorified version of the 360's, with all the same methods of calculation. It isn't AI, and it's certainly not a human brain. The games will feature difficulty levels, otherwise, they'd all be very boring games. The example shown was of fighting games, more specifically, boxing. The feature shown was that the game will be able to calculate your movements and react with it's own counterattacks, however, a game that counters all your attacks is not only boring but very tedious as well. I don't see the joy in playing a game I can't beat, not because I can't, but because it isn't possible. "/ Therfore, games must feature difficulty levels otherwise the games will be failures before they even release.

Graphically, I haven't seen anything that doesn't compare to 360 titles, and I haven't seen anything worth buying a PS3 for.

Again, sorry to disappoint, but the PS3 is just a PS2 in a shiny George Foreman Grill box with glorified graphics and a mediocre online system.

ltwistedburn
24-09-2006, 01:37 PM
i really dont think soo wii will mabey get the best futurisic console but nope not best

alex 1889
24-09-2006, 06:36 PM
deffinatly ps3, from wat i know its better then other consoles an all reviews have said ps3 an 360 are both good but have said ps3 is slightly better

HUGECOOL
24-09-2006, 06:57 PM
deffinatly ps3, from wat i know its better then other consoles an all reviews have said ps3 an 360 are both good but have said ps3 is slightly better
It's not out yet, how can gameplay possibly be juxtaposed? "/

alex 1889
24-09-2006, 06:58 PM
It's not out yet, how can gameplay possibly be juxtaposed? "/

its not out but beta versions would have been made so basedon those they claim the ps3s better

Azza
24-09-2006, 08:16 PM
its not out but beta versions would have been made so basedon those they claim the ps3s better

and who is 'they'? Depending where it came from it could be biased also once PS3 is released in europe in w/e date we will see whether xbox360 Wii or PS3 is the better consle , judging by sales that is when PS3 is released in europe making it fair

Unmentioned
28-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Xbox 360!!!!!!

they is HAWTNESS :D

Recursion
28-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Xbox 360 and PS3 are virtually the same but PS2 has built in HD Drive and HD. But costs £500+

Nintendo Wii has totally different games.

Soon the 360 will come with a built in HD DVD Drive.

Get the 360 or Wii.

Wii is for smaller gamers like 12 - 13 downwards
360 Is for older gamers like 12 - 13 +

Personally the PS3 because of its range of games. But it is very expensive. I have a 360 yet i know that i will not be able to get some off my favourite PS games. BUT Then again the 360 has other games that I want and have never owned.

If i could i would have both the 360 and PS3.

omgabear
28-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Get a 360, or Wii.

PS3, well they just slapped on a blu-ray system and want 500 quid. No real good games... Final fantasy is now on the 360.

Wii is targetted at younger gamers
Xbox 360 and their online capability is for adults really.

PS3... nothing really.

Get the 360, get xbox live. You will love it, so much to do. Download games, movies, music, themes, pictures, map expansions, campaign extensions, verse other people, gamerscore, reputation and more.

All of the best games are coming up for the 360. Halo 3, Halo Wars, LOTRBFME 3 and 4, FABLE 2, Banjo Threeio.

Really... all PS have is GTA... which goes to 360.

ltwistedburn
07-10-2006, 08:17 PM
noooooooo any thing but the wii :P

PS2.
08-10-2006, 04:22 AM
I have a 360. Can't vote for Wii or PS3 since they're not out yet.

scambuster92
08-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Wii- Wouldn't mind getting it.

PS3 - Load Of Poo!

Xbox 360 - FTW And who ever says ps3 is alot more advanced then xbox 360 you need to do some research, and isnt it true that games makes you buy consol's right well i havent seen any good launch games for ps3 and there is a production line from microsoft letting you being able to make your own games for the xbox 360 dont believe me research it then.

Ben.

^.^
08-10-2006, 12:40 PM
I currently have xbox 360 but no HD tv so its kind of same as a xbox im selling for a wii for zelda twighlights of princess and super smash brawl + some other games.

ltwistedburn
10-10-2006, 07:47 PM
ye thats y i didnt want a xbox360 because i dont have a hd tv so its just the same.

ltwistedburn
10-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Wii- Wouldn't mind getting it.

PS3 - Load Of Poo!

Xbox 360 - FTW And who ever says ps3 is alot more advanced then xbox 360 you need to do some research, and isnt it true that games makes you buy consol's right well i havent seen any good launch games for ps3 and there is a production line from microsoft letting you being able to make your own games for the xbox 360 dont believe me research it then.

Ben.

mabey the games look poo (and they do) but the ps3 has doble the memory beter graphics and better qualitty

soz about doble post couldnt edit

Misawa
10-10-2006, 08:59 PM
The XBOX 360 is a pretty neat console, however the PS3 gets my vote because it doubles the power of the 360. Can you imagine that? TWICE the power of a 360? It's incredible. Go check out the Eight Days E3 trailer and you'll probably drop your jaw.

The Wii looks alright, I mean, yes, it's revolutionary but the graphics, etc don't look much more than a Gamecube improvement.

Personally, despite the price, PS3 all the way, it's undebatable that the Playstation 3 is the better console. Yes the price is rubbish, but as a console, it's the most astonishing thing ever released by a long way.

- PS3 is dreams

- XBOX 360 is really good

- Wii's controller looks fun but nothing else appeals.

SimplyTech
10-10-2006, 09:02 PM
The XBOX 360 is a pretty neat console, however the PS3 gets my vote because it doubles the power of the 360. Can you imagine that? TWICE the power of a 360? It's incredible. Go check out the Eight Days E3 trailer and you'll probably drop your jaw.

The Wii looks alright, I mean, yes, it's revolutionary but the graphics, etc don't look much more than a Gamecube improvement.

Personally, despite the price, PS3 all the way, it's undebatable that the Playstation 3 is the better console. Yes the price is rubbish, but as a console, it's the most astonishing thing ever released by a long way.

- PS3 is dreams

- XBOX 360 is really good

- Wii's controller looks fun but nothing else appeals.
How can you be so one sided
GRAPHICS ARENT EVERYTHING

scambuster92
11-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Misawa WTH Are you on about "double the power of the xbox 360:s " where did you get your informatuion wrong and im sorry to say xbox live has got an overall better marking then the ps3, better games out for xbox 360, aswell as xbox are thinking of releasing a bigger hard drive for the system. And how can it be a copy of ps2 :eusa_eh: its nothing like it.The main reason is that Misawa needs to get his information correct for posting ridicouls post like that.

SimplyTech
11-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Misawa WTH Are you on about "double the power of the xbox 360:s " where did you get your informatuion wrong and im sorry to say xbox live has got an overall better marking then the ps3, better games out for xbox 360, aswell as xbox are thinking of releasing a bigger hard drive for the system. And how can it be a copy of ps2 :eusa_eh: its nothing like it.The main reason is that Misawa needs to get his information correct for posting ridicouls post like that.
well the ps2 is just a copy of previous nintendo consoles so i dont think he can complain as for 360 having good games i dont think so. TBH i think PS3 is better than 360

Misawa
11-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Where do I get my information? Try the SPECS of the consoles. Thanks to the blu-ray the power capability of the PS3 doubles that of the 360. How about you get your facts right?

Plus, more games will be produced for the PS3 than the XBOX, just like now.

I rest my case.

HUGECOOL
11-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Where do I get my information? Try the SPECS of the consoles. Thanks to the blu-ray the power capability of the PS3 doubles that of the 360. How about you get your facts right?

Plus, more games will be produced for the PS3 than the XBOX, just like now.

I rest my case.
Actually, no, the only thing that BDs will double is the amount of mass data that can be read by the console in a single read time. This, however, has nothing to do with it's power thoroughput, ony it's storage medium capabilities.

Many of the PS3 titles are no longer exclusives and are being ported to the Xbox 360.

Also, the PS3's online community is pretty much out of its league in terms of competing with the Xbox's online services. Although the PS3's online service will be free of charge, that doesn't mean games will be played free of charge- it means publishers are free to charge the customer whatever fee they set their hearts on. Online gaming is a very big part of the console itself and it's a very big buying point for many people. Sony is a hardware company and their strategy for online gaming is very poor.

Game choice on both platforms is pretty similar, with the exception of a few exclusives for each console, but in general, the game genres don't differ much.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!